LIVE: Infinity Suite Class Dec. 22 5-day Xmas Cruise

GenerationX

Photos of Stateroom 6132 and balcony.

Fair warning, if you have hard side lugggage it may not fit under the bed (mine didn’t). But there’s room to store a few cases in the closet.

I just noticed that while the engines are running, in this room you can hear a weird soft popping and grinding sound coming from the wall between the hall and the bathroom.  Nothing that’ll keep me up at night, but a little odd.

image6.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image7.jpeg

image8.jpeg

image6.jpeg

image5.jpeg

We are fellow St. Louis area neighbors (Saint Charles) enjoying your blog and pics!!! We also love the Four Seasons downtown. Hope you had a great time while you were there.

Hope you both have a great holiday and congratulations on your wedding!!!!!

14 minutes ago, GenerationX said:

So glad you are enjoying it! Are you sailing the same itinerary?

We have a 4 night in celebrity suite going to key west and Nassau then a 5 night in sky suite going to Cozumel and coco cay, 5 night is a rock and romance 70’s cruise charter with Boz Scaggs , foreigner , war and many other acts .

Jeremy and I prefer to eat later so we are in Cafe al Bacio having coffee and listening to the Neptune strings duo. We just had our first compete miss ever on a drink on a Celebrity cruise.  Jeremy ordered the mint chocolate martini and it was HORRIBLE. I took a sip and it tasted like mint scented cleaning fluid mixed with instant coffee. He sent it back (again, a first for us) and got a baileys and espresso instead. I had the Aspen Coffee (pictured) and it was wonderful.  

The musicians are very talented. I’ve never heard Nirvana’s “smells like teen spirit” played by a cello and a violin before... I’ll admit I did a little did a little head banging in the atrium.

IMG_6123.jpg

1 hour ago, STLCRUISIN said:

We are fellow St. Louis area neighbors (Saint Charles) enjoying your blog and pics!!! We also love the Four Seasons downtown. Hope you had a great time while you were there.

Hope you both have a great holiday and congratulations on your wedding!!!!!

Thank you!  Love your profile name too! 

Tonight’s dinner in Luminae didn’t disappoint. 

Jeremy and I both had the pork belly to start. I had the Bucatini and Jeremy had the filet mignon.

The chefs palette cleanser was a deep fried potato ball with chipotle cream sauce.

My pasta was good but completely overshadowed by Jeremy’s steak. It was incredibly flavorful, cooked to a perfect medium rare and melted in the mouth.

Our waiter was Henry who served us on the Silhouette in February and he remembered us immediately.  His service was as prompt and attentive as it was on the Silhouette.

Menu and food pics below!

image4 2.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image3.jpeg

20181223_023740.jpg

1 hour ago, canadianbear said:

Is Aspen coffee a liquor drink?  It looks delicious!   I’m taking notes for our March cruise-we have the 4 perks.  

It is! I’ll double check the menu next time I’m over there but I believe it has coffee, amaretto and frangelico. Included in the premium beverage package.

So happy to see this thread.  I flew into FLL a couple of nights ago to spend the week with my in-laws.  Offered to take everyone on that cruise to ... uhhh.... give them a great Christmas.  Ok, really it was to not be stuck with them in their condo.

Alas, it was not to be.  Have a wonderful time.  Congrats on the wedding!

9 hours ago, alfredo22 said:

So happy to see this thread.  I flew into FLL a couple of nights ago to spend the week with my in-laws.  Offered to take everyone on that cruise to ... uhhh.... give them a great Christmas.  Ok, really it was to not be stuck with them in their condo.

Alas, it was not to be.  Have a wonderful time.  Congrats on the wedding!

Thank you! So sorry you could get the in-laws onboard!  Next time you’re looking to take people on a cruise, Jeremy and I are more that willing to take you up on it 😁

Good morning from my favorite view in the whole world! 

After spending last night night into the wee hours reacquainting ourselves with the martini bar menu and brushing off our very rusty salsa steps in the sky lounge, we are rehydrating for a sea day.

Since we have the premium beverage package, Rikki offered to clear out our mini bar and stock it with bottled water and 2 types of beer of our choice complimentary (note: I believe the mini bar is only included standard for Royal and Penthouse suites). Being able to roll out of bed this morning and grab a cold bottle of water saved my life. I’ve just made a note to add an extra 20 bucks to Rikki’s Christmas tip.

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

Just when I thought my life could’nt get any better, Rikki arrived with our breakfast.  His face literally fell when he came out on the balcony and saw me holding a cup from al bacio (Jeremy was up early walking off his martini headache and brought me back coffee).  He told me that getting coffee was his job and made me promise to call him next time I want something from the coffee shop.

We ordered breakfast on the door hang tag last night and I’d added a mimosa (extra charge as room service drinks aren’t included in the beverage package, I was trying to burn some OBC).  But they forgot it.

Rikki apologized profusely and went and made me a mimosa himself in a big wine glass instead of the usual tiny flute and assured me no charge would show up on my bill.  So much for burning some OBC. #firstworldproblems

image2.jpeg

image1.jpeg

Edited by GenerationX
  • Like 2

It’s a beautiful sunny day in the Caribbean and our cruise director, Luigi, has the pool party in full swing. Loungers are in short supply so we’ve camped out in the hot tub. Drink service has been better than it was on sea days on Silhouette in February.  Jeremy is drinking blue note punch and I’m drinking pain killers (the drink is aptly named because after 2 of them, I’m feeling no more pain from last night’s antics).

It seems like WiFi service is slower today so I may be more delayed in posting but will update as soon as I can!

image4.jpeg

image5.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image1.jpeg

• Like 1

In Cafe al Bacio ask for espresso over ice with Kaluah, Baileys, Grand Marnier, Rum and Vodka.

or at any bar ask them to make you a Buskwacker using this recipe.   It is smooth, goes down easy but may sneak up on you. 

Drink Up. 🍷🍸🍻🥂🍾

17063AE1-F7B6-42FD-86D5-B9A1E02FD7A5.png

Edited by miched

Hello from Cozumel!

WiFi yesterday afternoon was not good so I have a lot of catching up to do.

Once we had enough of the hot tub, we took a walk around the upper decks of the ship.  There was a showing of 4 Christmases on the rooftop terrace.

After our walk we headed to high tea in Michaels club for tea sandwiches, scones and mini desserts. I had a raspberry cheesecake that was delicious.

Last night’s pre dinner coffee entertainment was the ship’s theatre performers singing Christmas carols.  Jeremy had coffee and baileys and I tried the French Kiss. It was sweeter than the Aspen Coffee and more filling. But very good.

After coffee we had dinner in Sushi on 5  then went to the martini bar followed by the silent disco party.  Will post details on dinner and our evening soon and then a full report of our big day at Nachi Cucum!

image2 7.jpeg

image1 8.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg