Muster Drill

Grumpy1328

This will be our first cruise with NCL, on the Pearl, Western Caribbean sailing on 3/24/2019.  Previous cruises have been on Royal Caribbean and Princess.  My question is about the muster drill.  Where do they hold them?  We have had experiences ranging from holding them right on deck next to the life boats to having them in a lounge.  Just curious about what to expect. 

On the Pearl, the Muster Drill is held in a number of inside public venues.  When you receive your key card, it will have a Letter ( A,B,C, etc) and a Number.  The Letter will give you the location (example A: The Theater) and the Number is your Section (1, 2, 3, etc).  On the day you arrive, you will get a Freestyle Daily which will list all the locations and there will also be a chart on the back of your stateroom door.  Any staff member will be more than happy to pint you in the right direction.

Have a wonderful cruise.  The Pearl is a great ship with a wonderful staff.

Thanks for the quick replies.  This is our retirement cruise.  Currently, we live in Massachusetts.  The day after the cruise (4/1/2019), we move into our new home in Florida.   I'm finding it a bit hard to get really excited about the cruise, as there will be so much going on at that time anyway!  I'm sure we will have a great time, though. 

49 minutes ago, Grumpy1328 said:

Thanks for the quick replies.  This is our retirement cruise.  Currently, we live in Massachusetts.  The day after the cruise (4/1/2019), we move into our new home in Florida.   I'm finding it a bit hard to get really excited about the cruise, as there will be so much going on at that time anyway!  I'm sure we will have a great time, though. 

Enjoy your retirement, your move and your cruise.  Best Wishes

3 hours ago, Grumpy1328 said:

Congratulations on the retirement!!!  Enjoy the cruise. 

15 hours ago, Grumpy1328 said:

This will be our first cruise with NCL, on the Pearl, Western Caribbean sailing on 3/24/2019.  Previous cruises have been on Royal Caribbean and Princess.  My question is about the muster drill.  Where do they hold them?  We have had experiences ranging from holding them right on deck next to the life boats to having them in a lounge.  Just curious about what to expect. 

usually in the show room. They used to be on the deck, but moved to inside about 5 or so years ago: love the idea and they are very quick now days.