Our First HAL Cruise - Nieuw Statendam - A Little Surprised

lovelights

On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 2:37 PM, wyobean said:

. At least in the robes I don’t see too much....

Unless it was a particular elderly woman we saw on our last HAL cruise who wore nothing under the robe and more that once she exposed herself. It was a disgusting sight and the HAL crew when advised about her did nothing to stop her.😝

2 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

I believe HMC has physical limitations that restrict/makes it difficult to build a large cruise ship pier. The island has a very sizable/deep drop off from its shores making it challenging to get concrete poles as a foundation for a pier down there

I was told once that the Bahamian government would not allow a pier because of the protected shore and reef status of the island.

• Thanks 1

Robes are nice in your room and on your balcony. I throw one on when I am in my jammies and room service comes. They are nice in the spa. I can not imagine wearing one anywhere else. I have never noticed someone at the Lido in one. When they start wearing them on Gala night in the MDR.. I'll probably notice. :classic_biggrin: Formal robes anyone?

22 hours ago, RuthC said:

Even worse is wearing them to an activity in a lounge late afternoon, or to the show in the evening.
Both of which I have seen.

Ruth, I imagine that you have seen EVERYTHING over the years and have some interesting stories to tell.  Thanks for all your insight, ideas and suggestions.  I have learned a lot from your posts.

55 minutes ago, colonialinnkeeper said:

Ruth, I imagine that you have seen EVERYTHING over the years and have some interesting stories to tell. 

Like the man who went in the Lido pool in his shorts, then when he got out, took them off and wrung them out in the pool? Leaving those of us sitting there to see him in his briefs???

55 minutes ago, colonialinnkeeper said:

Thanks for all your insight, ideas and suggestions.  I have learned a lot from your posts.

Thank you for saying that. I've enjoyed helping out whenever I could.