CPAP?? and Dining Reservation???

teacherman

I will require a gallon of distilled water for CPAP machine.   Is there some department I contact prior to the cruise so that it is waiting for me in my stateroom?  Can someone provide an email address for this?

Also, is there any advantage to booking specialty dining prior to the cruise?  Do they sometimes offer discounts on board?  I wanted Pinnacle for our anniversary night, but it is not offered for that evening.  And, Sel de Mer says al a carte pricing.  How much does dinner typically cost?  We are going on the Koningsdam and we have not cruised with HAL for many years.

7 minutes ago, faerievert said:

the answer depends on the ship 

Sel de Mer is only a la carte on Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam, and $49 pp in the pop-up versions

Here is the K'dam menu with prices

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Sel-de-Mer-REstaurant.pdf

Edited by catl331

I went on line to use the form shown above.  The charge for the water is $2.95.  Not a big deal, but it is $.75 at the grocery store and RCCL and Celebrity provide it at no cost.  Interesting how different companies operate.  Thank you, again, for the information.

When I ordered in September the jug was much more than one gallon; I think it was closer to 2 gallons. I can lift one gallon, and it was impossible for me to lift this. I had to have the cabin steward open it for me, and lift it to fill my reservoir for a few days.

50 minutes ago, RuthC said:

When I ordered in September the jug was much more than one gallon; I think it was closer to 2 gallons. I can lift one gallon, and it was impossible for me to lift this. I had to have the cabin steward open it for me, and lift it to fill my reservoir for a few days.

I had the same problem, too heavy to lift. Called ships services and they reconfigured my water order so I receive only one gallon every 10 days. They we're very helpful.

24 minutes ago, Hhagatha said:

I had the same problem, too heavy to lift. Called ships services and they reconfigured my water order so I receive only one gallon every 10 days. They we're very helpful.

I'll remember that next time. Thanks for the suggestion.

7 hours ago, Cruise Suzy said:

The water can also be ordered under Beverages in the Already Booked section of the HAL Website. Same price.

my husband uses a CPAP machine and never uses distilled water .... straight from the tap;) has been on a machine for about 6 years, and all is well;)

Caution:  if you order distilled water onboard from the beverage dept.,  it's around $10 per gallon!  I usually will purchase a gallon for less than $1US before boarding,  and if I need more during a cruise I try to find it at port stops.  It can be challenging to find but look for it in the cleaning section of larger grocery stores or in pharmacies.  

8 hours ago, Btimmer said:

Caution:  if you order distilled water onboard from the beverage dept.,  it's around $10 per gallon!

My last purchase of distilled water was a lot less than that (under $4.00 IIRC), and it was much more than one gallon.
I can lift a gallon, and I could not lift the container at all for several days. I had to have the steward open it, and fill my CPAP reservoir for me until it was emptied enough for me to do it myself.

9 hours ago, Btimmer said:

Caution:  if you order distilled water onboard from the beverage dept.,  it's around $10 per gallon!  I usually will purchase a gallon for less than $1US before boarding,  and if I need more during a cruise I try to find it at port stops.  It can be challenging to find but look for it in the cleaning section of larger grocery stores or in pharmacies.  

Its no where near $10

DC278D71-63A6-4579-A3C1-289DFD221B9C.jpeg

7 hours ago, Jareds_mommytoo said:

Its no where near $10

DC278D71-63A6-4579-A3C1-289DFD221B9C.jpeg

Actually you are incorrect.  What you cited was the order form for ordering it in advance before the cruise.  That price is $2.95/gallon plus tax.  Once I was on board, distilled water was ordered through the beverage department and the cost was over $10 which included 18% service charge.