Sloths!

nikkiw60

1 minute ago, nikkiw60 said:

We are looking at booking a cruise out of New Orleans in April 2020, this stops in Roatan Bay Islands, is there a tour with NCL to see sloths? 

Aaaack!

From the title, I thought you were going to tell us to get up already, and get on with the day!

:classic_wink:

GC

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Nikki, I found this tour through shorexcursioneers (I've used this Co. a few times) and this looks like a lot of fun:

https://www.shoreexcursioneer.com/roatan/southside-snorkel-sloth-monkey-park.html

Cheers

Thank you this looks to be one to keep in mind, except for the snorkelling bit!

• Like 1

You can't go wrong with "Daniel Johnson's Monkey and Sloth Hang Out". 

Daniel runs a first-class operation and really cares for the animals. You'll get to interact with sloths, monkeys, parrots and a few others. You can view his website here.

Contact him. He will arrange private transportation to and from the dock for you. You can opt for just visiting his compound or you can add sight-seeing, snorkeling, zip-lining, beach time or whatever suits you. Contact him and ask for details.

I absolutely loved it last time I visited and plan to return when we visit Roatan again this summer.

I know you mentioned that you weren't crazy about snorkeling but he offers one of the best snorkeling trips I've been on.

Hope this helps,

~Brian

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shukapaw said:

Daniel runs a first-class operation and really cares for the animals. You'll get to interact with sloths, monkeys, parrots and a few others. You can view his website here.

Contact him. He will arrange private transportation to and from the dock for you. You can opt for just visiting his compound or you can add sight-seeing, snorkeling, zip-lining, beach time or whatever suits you. Contact him and ask for details.

I absolutely loved it last time I visited and plan to return when we visit Roatan again this summer.

I know you mentioned that you weren't crazy about snorkeling but he offers one of the best snorkeling trips I've been on.

Hope this helps,

~Brian

Thank you, but re the snorkelling I erm try not to do any water that goes on my head or face! 

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 11:06 PM, shukapaw said:

Hope this helps,

~Brian

But did you not get the feeling that the animals were cages or living in a zoo?  That is why we went for the preserve where they were free roaming.   However, there were no sloths.

47 minutes ago, Hotspring said:

But did you not get the feeling that the animals were cages or living in a zoo?  That is why we went for the preserve where they were free roaming.   However, there were no sloths.

No sure which "preserve" you are referring to. There were numerous sloths loose in trees around the compound and Daniel had us hold (cuddle) a couple of them which made for great photo ops. 

Yes, the monkeys and birds were in large enclosed areas. However, certain monkeys and birds were able to be held, fed ,etc.

I think the photos on the website give an accurate representation of what you'll find there.

~Brian

We went to Daniel Johnson's several weeks ago.  It was the highlight of our cruise.  I contacted them through their Facebook page using messenger.  They were very quick to respond and very reasonable pricewise.   

Have to concur that Daniel Johnson's reserve is great and it was the highlight of our cruise that stopped at Roatan.  For 30.00, they offer round trip transportation from the cruise pier area and entrance to the reserve.  For 40.00, they will also include a tour of the area. Highly recommend.