Dining Reservation Times

CozGurl

When I made my reservations at Cagney's and Moderno for our cruise next month, the times were later than I wanted but they were the earliest available. What are the chances that some earlier times might open up once we're on the ship? What should I do to try to change my dining times?

We always do the same thing and end up making reservations later than we would like just to make sure we are able to get in and once we get on the ship we have always been able to change them to what we want easily and we have often just did a "walk up" and have never waited more than about 5 minutes max.

7 minutes ago, CozGurl said:

Thanks! When you say go to the reservation desk, do you mean at each restaurant?

no. By guest services, there is a desk that is marked as restaurant/dinner reservation or similar wording. Depending on the terminal, they might have a worker at a table doing the reservations 

A little off topic but regarding reservations in the free restaurants - I saw I could make reservations on the Sky before I made final payment, so I did. The next day I realized I made a reservation on a night we would most likely be on shore. Could not find a place to cancel. Is there a way I can cancel? Also, I noticed the next day that all times before 8pm were taken. How could that be? Within a day of me reserving everything changed  & it was before final payment. Today  made final payment & noticed you can't even make reservations now for the free restaurants, they're booked. Is this normal?

21 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

A little off topic but regarding reservations in the free restaurants - I saw I could make reservations on the Sky before I made final payment, so I did. The next day I realized I made a reservation on a night we would most likely be on shore. Could not find a place to cancel. Is there a way I can cancel? Also, I noticed the next day that all times before 8pm were taken. How could that be? Within a day of me reserving everything changed  & it was before final payment. Today  made final payment & noticed you can't even make reservations now for the free restaurants, they're booked. Is this normal?

You need to call to cancel. No way to do it online. 

The system will not let you make cinflixting reservations. Once you have something scheduled, it blocks the time so others things (times) at that time won’t show. 

48 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

You need to call to cancel. No way to do it online. 

The system will not let you make cinflixting reservations. Once you have something scheduled, it blocks the time so others things (times) at that time won’t show. 

Thanks, makes sense. 

1 hour ago, victory2020 said:

30 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

Thanks, makes sense. 

Call NCL and they will help you, I made them and then called and they were able to book everything except Bamboo which I will do onboard. It took about 15 minutes...

Several things to add:

1. Call to check for open times prior to boarding the ship, things may change for others and a slot opens up
  2. Not all dining slots are made available for booking pre-cruise, so you can certainly try to revise your dining time onboard
  3. You don't have to go to the Restaurant Reservations desk to make or change a dining reservation; in addition to that option you can go to any restaurant podium and get help with reservations. There is also a dial in extension to make adjustments. 
  4. There are also kiosk touch screens onboard and the NCL app, but I think those work primarily for new reservations, not revisions or cancellations. I wanted to move a main dining room reservation from one MDR to the other and had to make  new reservation but couldn't cancel the other via the app (at least I couldn't find a process for that).  

On 12/31/2018 at 2:00 PM, CozGurl said:

When I made my reservations at Cagney's and Moderno for our cruise next month, the times were later than I wanted but they were the earliest available. What are the chances that some earlier times might open up once we're on the ship? What should I do to try to change my dining times?

Only about 30% of the dining slots are released for booking prior to arrival on the ship. You need to visit the restaurant reservation table when you board and you should be able to change them. (Make sure you are int he correct line, not the one at guest services.)