I Thought Celebrity's Changes Were Driven By Changing Demographics - Not True

mnocket

42 minutes ago, BNBR said:

My thoughts are that ships like the Solstice class are a dying breed.  I was off Reflection today and as good a product as Celebrity has, it was just "boring" (Yes, we still had a good time).  Which is why Edge is going in a little different direction.  They need "more" and that's what they appear to be doing.

I'm guessing Royal needs to differentiate the brands and hope there is enough of a market for a "premium" offering.  You can see it with Edge.  While some don't like the changes, it's obvious they are going for an entirely unique, premium offering that differs from Royal.  I tend to think they know what they are doing and who they are appealing to with the shear volume of data they have.  They can literally see what age groups order what types of drinks, what sorts of cabins they book, when they gamble, how late they stay up, whether they take excursions and what types of excursions.  Cross reference that with Royal bookings and come up with pretty darn spot on demographics.  The amount of behavioral data they have is remarkable and you better believe they closely review it along with other metrics when deciding on the direction of new ships like Edge - and they can probably pretty accurately predict bookings and popularity as well.

Having overseen market research departments (as well as legal, customer service, etc functions) prior to my retirement I have a very good understanding on both the strengths and weaknesses for data.  While data can provide a lot of information, how to use that data, especially when going in a new direction, is more of an art than a science. Used to have a phrase death by data, I have seen many careers of senior executive killed by their interpretation of what they considered to be good data. Often because they chose to interpret the data to support their already existing views, instead of looking at the portions that were contrary.

I would certainly hope that they have good data on their existing customers. I would also expect that they have done focus groups with the age and income demographics they hope to attract.  However, it is a fairly big jump (one that many products fail) to go from yes they like it, to having large numbers actually buy it. Especially since Celebrity is not seeing how successful the concept is, but converting their entire brand to it, unproven. A very high risk approach. Might have good returns, might also result in Celebrity looking for a new management team in a few years. Might have been better to launch Epic as a new brand first.

You also notice that the cruise lies that focus on working age individuals (NCL, RCL, and CCL) also tend to focus on shorter average cruise lengths. While Celebrity already tends to shorter cruise average than HAL or Princess, it will also be interesting to see how successful they are in getting the demographic onto cruises longer than 7 days.  

Will also be interesting to see who is more successful with the demographic Celebrity or Virgin.  Virgin has one advantage, they don't have to worry about alienating their existing customer base.

As far as the Celebrity class ships being boring, Celebrity has, over the past few years, severely cut back on traditional cruise activities, tending to make their ships more like land based hotels, and less like traditional cruise lines. With the Epic they are doubling down on that bet.

Celebrity is really not a premium offering, it is a mass market line. Azamara is Royals premium line.  I would put the offering as more of a W hotel vs Hyatt. Not a Four Seasons vs Ritz. Clearly on price point Celebrity is in the Princess, HAL range. Will be interesting to see how Virgin gets priced.

Edited by RDC1

4 minutes ago, RDC1 said:

Having overseen market research departments (as well as legal, customer service, etc functions) prior to my retirement I have a very good understanding on both the strengths and weaknesses for data.  While data can provide a lot of information, how to use that data, especially when going in a new direction, is more of an art than a science. Used to have a phrase death by data, I have seen many careers of senior executive killed by their interpretation of what they considered to be good data. Often because they chose to interpret the data to support their already existing views, instead of looking at the portions that were contrary.

I would certainly hope that they have good data on their existing customers. I would also expect that they have done focus groups with the age and income demographics they hope to attract.  However, it is a fairly big jump (one that many products fail) to go from yes they like it, to having large numbers actually buy it. Especially since Celebrity is not seeing how successful the concept is, but converting their entire brand to it, unproven.

You also notice that the cruise lies that focus on working age individuals (NCL, RCL, and CCL) also tend to focus on shorter average cruise lengths. While Celebrity already tends to shorter cruise average than HAL or Princess, it will also be interesting to see how successful they are in getting the demographic onto cruises longer than 7 days.  

Will also be interesting to see who is more successful with the demographic Celebrity or Virgin.  Virgin has one advantage, they don't have to worry about alienating their existing customer base.

As far as the Celebrity class ships being boring, Celebrity has, over the past few years, severely cut back on traditional cruise activities, tending to make their ships more like land based hotels, and less like traditional cruise lines. With the Epic they are doubling down on that bet.

Celebrity is really not a premium offering, it is a mass market line. Azamara is Royals premium line.  I would put the offering as more of a W hotel vs Hyatt. Not a Four Seasons vs Ritz. Clearly on price point Celebrity is in the Princess, HAL range. Will be interesting to see how Virgin gets priced.

I like the comparison of a land based hotel.  That's almost exactly how I'd describe Celebrity.  As for it being a "premium" offering, that's simply a statement of fact that's it's a more premium offering than Royal.  In other words, just because you can buy a Rolls Royce, doesn't mean a Lexus isn't still a premium vehicle.  The approach is clear as day that Celebrity is an upmarket offering compared to Royal and with Edge, they are obviously expanding on that.  It's intentionally that way and you can feel it the moment you step on the ship.

I thought it was a really solid offering, but I am not the type who just sits and reads a book all day.  So it doesn't appeal to me.  Considering the shorter attention spans of todays generations, I have a hard time believing that less is more when it comes to cruising.  So how does Royal add more but also make a clear differentiation between the products?  Seems Edge is the direction they believe that they need to go by adding premium/luxury features that they hope will "wow" people. Time will tell 🙂

I'm very curious about Virgin, but I wouldn't even consider them until they have been sailing at least a year with a good amount of feedback.

I am not a marketing expert, nor have I ever run a cruise company.  That said, I am welcome to have opinions.  My opinion is that there is a better than average chance that the direction of the cruise line may end up blowing up in their faces.  They have made no bones about their desire to appeal to well-heeled millennials.  I know several of those - they have zero interest in cruising, Edge or no Edge,   I think it would take more than 'modern' designs and some cutesy animation (LPC) to appeal to that age group.  I am not sure in fact if there is anything cruise lines can easily do to appeal to many of them.  I think for one they would have to be way more flexible to keep up with the current trends - for example, they could add Escape Rooms, Drop the Mic competitions, reality show-type competitions, and a few Kardashians onboard (heaven help us!!).  The ones with families and decent income tend to cruise Royal rather than Celebrity.  Those without kids tend to take off to Europe and other locales with their buddies.  I can't think of a one of them who says, "Hey, let's get a group of us together and go book a cruise'".  I'm sure there are some, but I haven't met any.

And I do believe Celebrity has little interest in appealing to those of us of an age shall we say.  They are not going to completely cut off some of the stuff we enjoy as they would lose 90% of their current demographic, but their advertising alone screams to me that I may be welcome as a paying passenger, but I am certainly not sought after.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

I am not a marketing expert, nor have I ever run a cruise company.  That said, I am welcome to have opinions.  My opinion is that there is a better than average chance that the direction of the cruise line may end up blowing up in their faces.  They have made no bones about their desire to appeal to well-heeled millennials.  I know several of those - they have zero interest in cruising, Edge or no Edge,   I think it would take more than 'modern' designs and some cutesy animation (LPC) to appeal to that age group.  I am not sure in fact if there is anything cruise lines can easily do to appeal to many of them.  I think for one they would have to be way more flexible to keep up with the current trends - for example, they could add Escape Rooms, Drop the Mic competitions, reality show-type competitions, and a few Kardashians onboard (heaven help us!!).  The ones with families and decent income tend to cruise Royal rather than Celebrity.  Those without kids tend to take off to Europe and other locales with their buddies.  I can't think of a one of them who says, "Hey, let's get a group of us together and go book a cruise'".  I'm sure there are some, but I haven't met any.

And I do believe Celebrity has little interest in appealing to those of us of an age shall we say.  They are not going to completely cut off some of the stuff we enjoy as they would lose 90% of their current demographic, but their advertising alone screams to me that I may be welcome as a paying passenger, but I am certainly not sought after.  

I just love it when people make broad generalizations about my generation without actually asking one of us. As an elder millennial with no kids and no desire to have any - yes we are going with a group and cruising to Europe. We are going to go early and stay late to see the sights more extensively than cruise ports will allow, but I would like to spend the rest of my time being pampered. 

I do do like the modern design and find the “cutesy animation” in LPC adorable and I look forward to enjoying it. I have no desire for reality tv shows or kardashians. 

I work hard and I when I get the chance to travel, I want to do it in style and be pampered. That’s something that I think we all want. Regardless of what generation you are from. 

14 minutes ago, Lilikins said:

I just love it when people make broad generalizations about my generation without actually asking one of us. As an elder millennial with no kids and no desire to have any - yes we are going with a group and cruising to Europe. We are going to go early and stay late to see the sights more extensively than cruise ports will allow, but I would like to spend the rest of my time being pampered. 

I do do like the modern design and find the “cutesy animation” in LPC adorable and I look forward to enjoying it. I have no desire for reality tv shows or kardashians. 

I work hard and I when I get the chance to travel, I want to do it in style and be pampered. That’s something that I think we all want. Regardless of what generation you are from. 

I really hope you've booked suite class. You've mentioned you're desire to be 'pampered' a couple of times now. The word is subjective but none suite class on X is simply a mass market cruise line experience. 

Thats my opinion based on sailing in suite class and non suite class and comparing X to four other lines. 

Celebrity are clearly trading on their old reputation. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mynki said:

I really hope you've booked suite class. You've mentioned you're desire to be 'pampered' a couple of times now. The word is subjective but none suite class on X is simply a mass market cruise line experience. 

Thats my opinion based on sailing in suite class and non suite class and comparing X to four other lines. 

Celebrity are clearly trading on their old reputation. 

I strongly disagree. I have sailed NCL, Royal, Carnival and just did my first Celebrity.  I've sailed suites to insides and everything in between. There is a clear differentiation with X that separates them as a premium brand, but still mass market.  It's not the same.  No checking out towels, pour doubles on the drink package (only line I've seen that does this), sparkling wine at boarding, etc.  Also tons of cocktail servers near the pools with consistent and timely service, and even the buffet I couldn't go 3 minutes without a server coming by to get me a drink or clear a plate.  Speaking of the buffet the offerings were premium compared to anything I've seen on the other lines.  Even a clear policy of not providing you with a receipt to beg for tips on drink package orders. The list goes on.  It's the small things that add up to a big difference.  It's a premium offering for sure.  In fact, after sailing Haven and now X, I would never consider Haven again as X gives you a better overall product in a standard room. And yet I've still said I prefer Royal as I find celebrity kind of boring. But let's be honest about the differences. 

Edited by BNBR

26 minutes ago, Lilikins said:

And I just love it when you assume I have not done these things.  I have one millennial son (and two just slightly older) as well as many nieces and nephews in that age range.   We've discussed cruises many times as I cruise a lot.  There is not a single one of them that would pick a cruise as a first, second, or even third choice.  And you may not personally like reality TV shows, the Kardashians and so on but you'd have to be living in a box to not realize how popular those types of things are with people in that age range.  You may very well be the exception to the rule, and of course not everyone in every age group is typical.  But the world is as the world is, and the Celebrity ships are just not filling up with people your age - that's just a fact.  I doubt the changes Celebrity is making will be significant enough to change that.  Only time will tell if I am correct.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BNBR said:

I strongly disagree. I have sailed NCL, Royal, Carnival and just did my first Celebrity.  I've sailed suites to insides and everything in between. There is a clear differentiation with X that separates them as a premium brand, but still mass market.  It's not the same.  No checking out towels, pour doubles on the drink package (only line I've seen that does this), sparkling wine at boarding, etc.  Also tons of cocktail servers near the pools with consistent and timely service, and even the buffet I couldn't go 3 minutes without a server coming by to get me a drink or clear a plate.  Speaking of the buffet the offerings were premium compared to anything I've seen on the other lines.  Even a clear policy of not providing you with a receipt to beg for tips on drink package orders. The list goes on.  It's the small things that add up to a big difference.  It's a premium offering for sure.  And yet I've still said I prefer Royal as I find celebrity kind of boring. But let's be honest about the differences. 

I'm curious, if you've only sailed X once how can you appreciate the difference on a two tier line?

Being 'honest' I found the car service, customer relations service, buffet food quality, range and service better on RCL than on X. I also found there specialty dining to be bother better value and better quality than X. 

The suite experience is a good product. But adding a glass of cheap fizz doesn't make a premium cruise line. There are reasons why some of the older M class ships cost no more than the same class of cabin onboard Carnival ships in the Caribbean at times. Why do you think the fleet is being so dramatically overhauled? 

7 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

And I just love it when you assume I have not done these things.  I have one millennial son (and two just slightly older) as well as many nieces and nephews in that age range.   We've discussed cruises many times as I cruise a lot.  There is not a single one of them that would pick a cruise as a first, second, or even third choice.  And you may not personally like reality TV shows, the Kardashians and so on but you'd have to be living in a box to not realize how popular those types of things are with people in that age range.  You may very well be the exception to the rule, and of course not everyone in every age group is typical.  But the world is as the world is, and the Celebrity ships are just not filling up with people your age - that's just a fact.  I doubt the changes Celebrity is making will be significant enough to change that.  Only time will tell if I am correct.

You know a few millennials that don't seem interested in cruising. I guess that settles it! 

Yeah, X doesn't fill up with millennials because they don't appeal to them.  Other lines do.  And with the massive increase in ship building and the cruise industry in general, I think it's pretty obvious that millennials are cruising. 

1 minute ago, BNBR said:

You know a few millennials that don't seem interested in cruising. I guess that settles it! 

Yeah, X doesn't fill up with millennials because they don't appeal to them.  Other lines do.  And with the massive increase in ship building and the cruise industry in general, I think it's pretty obvious that millennials are cruising. 

Of course there are a few millennials cruising. 

But try and find any credible source that shows that the number of them is significant to Celebrity. The numbers are tiny. 

8 minutes ago, Mynki said:

I'm curious, if you've only sailed X once how can you appreciate the difference on a two tier line?

Being 'honest' I found the car service, customer relations service, buffet food quality, range and service better on RCL than on X. I also found there specialty dining to be bother better value and better quality than X. 

The suite experience is a good product. But adding a glass of cheap fizz doesn't make a premium cruise line. There are reasons why some of the older M class ships cost no more than the same class of cabin onboard Carnival ships in the Caribbean at times. Why do you think the fleet is being so dramatically overhauled? 

Celebrity is Royal Caribbean's upmarket line. They have policies and a product that clearly reflects that. 

Royal Caribbean has said exactly that.

You can argue that your Toyota Camry is better than the Lexus variant.  You are entitled to that opinion.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mynki said:

But try and find any credible source that shows that the number of them is significant to Celebrity. The numbers are tiny. 

EXACTLY.  That is the point.  And I still maintain that the changes they are making will not change that.  Done arguing.  Millennials never listen anyway.  (just kidding - honest!) 

6 minutes ago, Mynki said:

I didn't say they were. I responded to a post that said millennials have no interest in cruising and would rather fly to Europe and do land vacations.

Its simply untrue.  The typical mass market lines are overflowing with millennials and the biggest/baddest new ships are all geared right towards that crowd... And sailing full. 

I have been saying the entire time that X doesnt appeal to millennials. Isn't that the entire point of this topic? Not that millennials don't like cruising but that X isn't seemingly doing a good job appealing to them. 

Edited by BNBR

Celebrity is Royal Caribbean's upmarket line. They have policies and a product that clearly reflects that. 

Royal Caribbean has said exactly that.

You can argue that your Toyota Camry is better than the Lexus variant.  You are entitled to that opinion.

Actually Azamara is RCL groups upmarket line not Celebrity. 

You appear to have missed my questions. And here's anither...

What "policies" do they have in place that "clearly" back up your claim? 

Your car car analogy doesn't really compare very well because there are too many variables to consider some of which don't apply to automobiles. 

6 minutes ago, BNBR said:

I didn't say they were. I responded to a post that said millennials have no interest in cruising and would rather fly to Europe and do land vacations.

Its simply untrue.  The typical mass market lines are overflowing with millennials and the biggest/baddest new ships are all geared right towards that crowd... And sailing full. 

I have been saying the entire time that X doesnt appeal to millennials. Isn't that the entire point of this topic? Not that millennials don't like cruising but that X isn't seemingly doing a good job appealing to them. 

I think you're also completely wrong here too. I live in Europe and see huge groups of millennial tourists enjoying land based vacations. 

I I think your statement of "ships overflowing" with them is simply ridiculous. 

I think ink you need to try and back up these wild claims with some proof. There's an enormous amount of information out there online. Show us some credible stats from reputable sources proving you claims about millennias flooding mass market cruise lines please. 😄

3 minutes ago, Mynki said:

Actually Azamara is RCL groups upmarket line not Celebrity. 

You appear to have missed my questions. And here's anither...

What "policies" do they have in place that "clearly" back up your claim? 

Your car car analogy doesn't really compare very well because there are too many variables to consider some of which don't apply to automobiles. 

I already listed several policies and differences.  Not only no checking out towels, but towels already on chairs, pouring doubles on drink packages, much more servers providing drink service, etc. 

But anyways, you are absolutely arguing the equivalent of Lexus not being Toyotas luxury brand.  You can buy a nicer Toyota than a base model Lexus, so duh, not luxury brand...  That's a silly argument, right? 

RCL 100% refers to Royal as their "contemporary" offering and Celebrity as their Premium Luxury brand.  So you can argue that it's "not really" all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that Royals themselves consider it that way and have developed the products accordingly. In your opinion, you like your Toyota better. That's fine. It's ok, but Lexus is still their luxury offering whether you like it or not. 

6 minutes ago, Mynki said:

I think you're also completely wrong here too. I live in Europe and see huge groups of millennial tourists enjoying land based vacations. 

I I think your statement of "ships overflowing" with them is simply ridiculous. 

I think ink you need to try and back up these wild claims with some proof. There's an enormous amount of information out there online. Show us some credible stats from reputable sources proving you claims about millennias flooding mass market cruise lines please. 😄

Gosh, that was hard to find... 

https://qz.com/330579/the-cruise-industry-is-trying-to-attract-millennials-looking-for-romance/

Have you sailed Oasis class by any chance? Or any of the newest mega ship type offerings? NCL Escape, Carnival Vista, etc? 

And just because millennial ALSO take land vacations doesn't mean they don't also help fill up cruise ships.  It's exactly the market the lines are going for, and for a reason. 

I

I already listed several policies and differences.  Not only no checking out towels, but towels already on chairs, pouring doubles on drink packages, much more servers providing drink service, etc. 

But anyways, you are absolutely arguing the equivalent of Lexus not being Toyotas luxury brand.  You can buy a nicer Toyota than a base model Lexus, so duh, not luxury brand...  That's a silly argument, right? 

RCL 100% refers to Royal as their "contemporary" offering and Celebrity as their Premium Luxury brand.  So you can argue that it's "not really" all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that Royals themselves consider it that way and have developed the products accordingly. In your opinion, you like your Toyota better. That's fine. It's ok, but Lexus is still their luxury offering whether you like it or not. 

I'm not saying anything about any automobile brand at all because it's irrelevant and pointless. And to be brutally honest it looks a little desperate in your part. 

I made the point that X is a mass market cruise line and that there is little difference with RCL. 

The first fact you need to understand is that Azamara who I assume you have heard of is RCLs premium brand. 

X might be slightly more upscale than RCL but both are mass market cruise lines. If you want to experience the best X has to offer you need to pony on up and book suite class. 

I think you need to sail on a couple of true 6 star lines or even AZ or O and then come back and tell us if you believe X none suite class is a true premium product. 

I I appreciate people expectations vary, but it takes more than a glass of faux champagne and towels to deliver a true premium cruise product. 

5 minutes ago, BNBR said:

Gosh, that was hard to find... 

https://qz.com/330579/the-cruise-industry-is-trying-to-attract-millennials-looking-for-romance/

Have you sailed Oasis class by any chance? Or any of the newest mega ship type offerings? NCL Escape, Carnival Vista, etc? 

And just because millennial ALSO take land vacations doesn't mean they don't also help fill up cruise ships.  It's exactly the market the lines are going for, and for a reason. 

Your link proved my point. I suspect you didn't read or understand it. 

We all know the cruise industry would like to attract them. The average age of a cruiser has decreased but where is your proof that they are significant to X? 

Youre re failing to back up your argument. I was on Getaway two weeks ago and Independence in August. The latter was a better experience than my back to backs in Aqua / Concierge on Summit December 2017. 

2 minutes ago, Mynki said:

I

I'm not saying anything about any automobile brand at all because it's irrelevant and pointless. And to be brutally honest it looks a little desperate in your part. 

I made the point that X is a mass market cruise line and that there is little difference with RCL. 

The first fact you need to understand is that Azamara who I assume you have heard of is RCLs premium brand. 

X might be slightly more upscale than RCL but both are mass market cruise lines. If you want to experience the best X has to offer you need to pony on up and book suite class. 

I think you need to sail on a couple of true 6 star lines or even AZ or O and then come back and tell us if you believe X none suite class is a true premium product. 

I I appreciate people expectations vary, but it takes more than a glass of faux champagne and towels to deliver a true premium cruise product. 

As I said, Royal refers to X as their Premium Luxury brand. Absolutely nothing you say will change that fact. You are entitled to your opinion that's its not really a luxury brand, no problem. 

I have no interest in Azamura. And X is a premium product. Just because another line is MORE premium doesn't mean X is not a luxury brand. Another analogy, since you love them so much, a 1 star Michelin restaurant is still a premium establishment, even if not at the same level as a 3 star. 

Your entire argument is that because there are better options, that X isn't premium. That makes absolutely no sense. Language barrier? I have no idea but I'm not sure why you are arguing something that's not even controversial. 

Just now, Mynki said:

Your link proved my point. I suspect you didn't read or understand it. 

We all know the cruise industry would like to attract them. The average age of a cruiser has decreased but where is your proof that they are significant to X? 

Youre re failing to back up your argument. I was on Getaway two weeks ago and Independence in August. The latter was a better experience than my back to backs in Aqua / Concierge on Summit December 2017. 

What does the significance to X have to do with anything? I'm concerned about your comprehension, and it's making this discussion rather silly. So I'm done. Ciao. 

What does the significance to X have to do with anything? I'm concerned about your comprehension, and it's making this discussion rather silly. So I'm done. Ciao. 

I think that's probably best. You've struggled to make any valid points on this thread. And yes, your automobile comparison was rather silly. Enjoy your next cruise. 

2 hours ago, BNBR said:

RCL/NCL/CCL/MSC are moving in the direction of giving you the option to have that refined experience while also having the extra amenities.  That is what I'm getting at.  For $169 you can have 10+ specialty dining restaurants on Symphony.  Celebrity may have a better buffet, but you can certainly have fine dining with creative meals.  You can hang out in the solarium all the same and numerous refined, adult oriented lounges and bars.  The problem I had with Celebrity is that's ALL they offered.  Look at all the new Ship within a Ship offerings - Haven, Yacht Club, etc.  The trend definitely seems to be a focus on going after the "amusement park" offerings AND the refined/premium experience.  Why wouldn't someone prefer to have the option to do both as they please?

Your examples can be also be had by simply going on a different ship that offers all of the above and does it well - including far superior "refined" entertainment.  Considering the current cruise trends, it seems most people think that is the way of the future and it's what consumers want.

I was taught in my early days of retail, that WWII Gen leaned towards the cheapest, Boomers towards the most expensive, and Gen X towards the best value.  I'll happily follow the stereotype.

Option A : Signature Suite on Hal, March 3rd, 7 nights out of Tampa, $999.  Add $80 per person for a day at Busch Gardens.

Option B: Haven on Norwegian Pearl, March 10th, 7 nights out of Tampa, $3579.  

This is of course subjective, but I find it hard to believe that the entertainment on Option B, is worth 5k more than Option A.  Having been to Busch Gardens myself, there's no comparison to these fun ship "gimmicks".

Edited by Stateroom_Sailor

5 minutes ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

I was taught in my early days of retail, that WWII Gen leaned towards the cheapest, Boomers towards the most expensive, and Gen X towards the best value.  I'll continue to follow the stereotype.

Option A : Signature Suite on Hal, March 3rd, 7 nights out of Tampa, $999.  Ad $80 per person for a day at Busch Gardens.

Option B: Haven on Norwegian Pearl, March 10th, 7 nights out of Tampa, $3579.  

This is of course subjective, but I find it hard to believe that the entertainment on Option B, is worth 5k more than Option A.

I'd probably agree with you! But this is just basic supply and demand.  I'd ask why NCL is able to get 3x the price compared to HAL.  And I bet Hal asks the same question.... The older crowd that they draw won't spend the money (as you alluded to) and their product only seems to draw that crowd.

That's a dying business model.  Literally... 

I'd add Option C.  Balcony on Symphony.  No need for a suite.  🙂

Edited by BNBR

21 hours ago, mnocket said:

Yeah, the AVERAGE life expectancy in the US is 78.6 years (it's actually dropped the past few years). I hate to say it, but we boomers dying off.

It's dropping due to the increase in deaths related to opioids... but more of those deaths occur in younger age groups. I think I read somewhere that if you back that out, life expectancy is still on the increase. Many cruises yet to come.

• Like 1