Cruise Documents

doone

Can anyone tell me which of the 30ish pages of the cruise document package do we actually need to print and take with us to board?  Gosh I hate to print all of them if we only need 1 or 2 pages.........

thanks in advance,

1 hour ago, matt'smom said:

So I filled it all out and cannot find how to print them. I can’t believe what an idiot I sound like, help

Are you sure the docs are ready? If your cruise is more than six weeks (I think) away, the docs won't be ready. When you look at the check-in process, check the headers. Do you have green checks in all boxes? If you haven't done everything, you can't print your docs, even if HAL has them ready.

Click on the box that says docs and there should be places to click to print luggage tags and boarding pass. If the links aren't "live," either it's too soon or you're missing some info in the check-in process. Or,  if you have pop-ups blocked, that will stop you from being able to print. Try disabling the blocker and see if that helps.

Great, that's what I thought just a page or two was sufficient, but wasn't sure.  Luggage tags will be printed next week, makes it all so real, docs should be available after the 20th.

thanks again, you guys all rock!!

14 hours ago, matt'smom said:

So I filled it all out and cannot find how to print them

There has been a never ending list of problems with the HAL web site. I seem to recall there was a warning about not having pop-up blocking active which apparently interferes with the ability on their web site to allow printing.

There has been a never ending list of problems with the HAL web site. I seem to recall there was a warning about not having pop-up blocking active which apparently interferes with the ability on their web site to allow printing.
The Acrobat print window, or nearly any print window that's kicked off by Javascript, is going to be a new window overlay (or pop up.) It's not a HAL website problem. Most browsers throw a stripe at the top of the window to tell you that a pop up has been blocked. Of course, you have to notice the stripe and read it.

Yesterday I completed the check-in on my iPad for our cruise later this month and everything went fine until it was time to print the boarding pass.  The box you click on to print was absent.  Knowing HAL’s website has some kinks, I went to my laptop (Windows Exployer) and had no problem printing the pass.

14 minutes ago, Gsel said:

Hey doone, have a great trip! Hello to your family! We are of to the canal again in April, you should come to with us.

Hey Gsel, how have you been?  I would love to do the canal with you again, but too much travel this year.  Another time for sure......safe travels have a wonderful cruise.... Which ship are you sailing, just nosey?

We have been good. Giving  the big O a try this time. After three sails on Oceania we decided to come back to HAL for the canal. Like the itinerary they have for that sailing.  Never sailed on the Oosterdam, New to us! How is your family?

7 hours ago, Gsel said:

We have been good. Giving  the big O a try this time. After three sails on Oceania we decided to come back to HAL for the canal. Like the itinerary they have for that sailing.  Never sailed on the Oosterdam, New to us! How is your family?

I have nerver  sailed on the Oosterdam, but I think you will enjoy her.  We are on the Koningsdam, very excited to have my family sailing together.  Everyone is good, lost my mom, dad and my younger sister over the last few years, one reason this family cruise is so important to us, my mom and dad LOVED cruising, so we sail in their honor.  Hope to meet up with you on another dam ship.....enjoy the O, hope you so a review when your back.

So sorry, it was such a great to meet you and your Dad. Hope you have a wonderful trip with your family and what a great thing to do, sail in their honor. They will be with you in spirit!

happy sailing!