Partial obstructed views on Royal Princess

MtnClimber1101

I'm sure this has been discussed, but I couldn't find a thread.  Could someone please explain what a partial obstructed balcony view means on the Royal Princess?  Does that mean we still have full use of the balcony?  What blocks the views...lifeboats, webbing, ropes?  I don't mind the partial obstruction, as long as we can still use the balcony and be able to see outwards.  

Please help...I have some family members that are concerned with this issue. 

2 minutes ago, MtnClimber1101 said:

I'm sure this has been discussed, but I couldn't find a thread.  Could someone please explain what a partial obstructed balcony view means on the Royal Princess?  Does that mean we still have full use of the balcony?  What blocks the views...lifeboats, webbing, ropes?  I don't mind the partial obstruction, as long as we can still use the balcony and be able to see outwards.  

https://sites.google.com/site/royalregalprincess/home/8-emerald

23 minutes ago, MtnClimber1101 said:

It means the views may be partly obstructed.  The balcony is fully usable. 

See obstructed views here: https://sites.google.com/site/royalregalprincess/

We were in a partially obstructed balcony room on the Royal Princess last year.  Emerald deck, I think it was E405.  As far as we could tell the obstruction was the lifeboat on the deck below - Promenade deck.  We were above the jewellery shop so very quiet location.  No issues with the room or the views.

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Desert Kitty said:

We have E508 booked on the Regal end of the summer and the Princess Future Cruise person said it was a deluxe balcony with a love-seat size couch and a nice balcony that has a life boat just below. 

Penny

I had D508...nice to have the couch & looking down we could see the ocean between 2 lifeboats.  They’re the standard 9’x4’ balconies which was okay for us.

E508 from the link previously provided looking outward between lifeboats.

D5C47749-CF92-425C-8967-B92CB8CCD7F5.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer

2 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

I had D508...nice to have the couch & looking down we could see the ocean between 2 lifeboats.  They’re the standard 9’x4’ balconies which was okay for us.

E508 from the link previously provided:

D5C47749-CF92-425C-8967-B92CB8CCD7F5.jpeg

Thanks, that is very doable

Penny

30 minutes ago, Desert Kitty said:

We have E508 booked on the Regal end of the summer and the Princess Future Cruise person said it was a deluxe balcony with a love-seat size couch and a nice balcony that has a life boat just below. 

Penny

they are lovely. We are in E504 this fall. My parents had E502 (non-deluxe) last year, and we were in E332 (deluxe).

IMG_0054 (1).JPG

IMG_0110.JPG

IMG_0117.JPG

I've traveled in E409 and E410.  These are deluxe balcony rooms with NO obstruction at all but sold as obstructed rooms and have large balconies.  The regular balcony (with larger balconies) rooms bordering these are also not obstructed.  They are on the bumpout which accounts for the larger balconies.  There is an outdoor deck one floor below but people rarely use it and when they do, there is rarely loud talking.  

Check out emerald deck on the deck plans and do access this site

Edited by lolane1
addition

• 10 months later...
On 1/19/2019 at 5:49 PM, lolane1 said:

I've traveled in E409 and E410.  These are deluxe balcony rooms with NO obstruction at all but sold as obstructed rooms and have large balconies.  The regular balcony (with larger balconies) rooms bordering these are also not obstructed.  They are on the bumpout which accounts for the larger balconies.  There is an outdoor deck one floor below but people rarely use it and when they do, there is rarely loud talking.  

Check out emerald deck on the deck plans and do access this site

We are currently booked in E410 on the Royal.  I keep looking to see if E409 comes available but doesn't look like that is going to happen.  Can you tell me if you experienced a lot of noise from Crooners below when you were E410?  thanks 

22 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

We are currently booked in E410 on the Royal.  I keep looking to see if E409 comes available but doesn't look like that is going to happen.  Can you tell me if you experienced a lot of noise from Crooners below when you were E410?  thanks 

We've been in E410 on Regal Princess (same location as on Royal Princess) and had no noise issues. 

4 hours ago, lstone19 said:

We've been in E410 on Regal Princess (same location as on Royal Princess) and had no noise issues. 

Agreed!

We just got off Regal last Sunday and really enjoyed E410 & 408. Absolutely zero obstruction and no noise from below. I would book them again in a heartbeat! They are the best bargain on the ship!!!!

• Thanks 1

On 11/28/2019 at 12:52 PM, macmax said:

Agreed!

We just got off Regal last Sunday and really enjoyed E410 & 408. Absolutely zero obstruction and no noise from below. I would book them again in a heartbeat! They are the best bargain on the ship!!!!

So very good to know.  thanks to all that responded.  I am very excited about getting this cabin now.