Any experiences with the Super Bowl Party?

Joebucks

I'm pretty excited to be going on a cruise for the Super Bowl. It seems like a unique experience. I've seen on the website what is included. Does anyone have any experience going to one? What are some of the specifics like what is the Sailgate party like? What are some of the bar specials and finger foods? Any other tips? Thanks.

Super Bowl Sunday
When:
 February 3, 2019
It’s America’s biggest sporting event and the reason for America’s biggest party! Join the fan zones, grab a bucket of beer and get ready for a tailgate bash, Fun Ship-style!

• Sailgate Party featuring the VIP Seating Challenge - we moved the tailgate party from the parking lot to the high seas!
  • NFL Trivia and Bingo
  • The Main Lounge is the primary viewing location for the big game. 
  • Bar specials will be available as well as finger foods 
  • Support your team and wear your favorite football attire! 

I have been on one Super Bowl cruise, back in 2010. SB occurred on embarkation day and it was awesome. They had snack food everywhere and the game was shown on a big screen in the theater. I ended up winning a bucket of beer in a football helmet bucket. Big fun!

We've been on several super bowl cruises.  They always had several areas to view the game with plenty of snacks.  A nice experience!

Dawn

BTW - Even though they showed the game at several venues around the ship, you couldn't see it in your cabin.

We have been on the last 2 and will be on the Vista for the upcoming SB, really looking forward to it.  They have the game on throughout the ship and it was really cool to watch the game in the main theater.  I don't recall any snack food though, will have to look closer this time!

What ship will you be on?

We were on during last years super bowl, huge party on the lido where the game was upon the large screen. Also any of the bars with televisions also had the game on. The other big party was at the sports bar but you have to get there early for a good seat

On January 6, 2019 at 12:54 PM, Joebucks said:

The Dream. My first Dream class!

I really want to watch it on the big screen. I hope it isn't too cold.

We're on the Dream also in a few weeks.  I'm hoping my team with be playing, that would make it so much more fun, but I'm looking forward to a great time anyway.  If it's cold, I'll bring my comforter from the cabin :)

On 1/6/2019 at 12:53 PM, BlerkOne said:

Load up on hot dogs and chicken nuggets. Attendance in the MDRs will be down.

Funny I am actually bringing a platter - I know its weird but bringing one to fill up on goodies from the Lido pool to bring to hubby 

I will be on Adventure OTS for the Super Bowl. First SB cruise for me. I have read that it will be on the big screen by the pool. They will have a themed party with food and drink specials. Passengers are encouraged to wear their favorite teams jersey. My friends and family actually picked this cruise to be on board for the Super Bowl. Should be a lot of fun.

On 1/6/2019 at 12:53 PM, BlerkOne said:

Load up on hot dogs and chicken nuggets. Attendance in the MDRs will be down.

Yup, I don't see a scenario that puts me in the MDR that night. Kind of shame because I actually do enjoy it. Is it really hot dogs and chicken nuggets? I mean, I don't mind that during a game with a few beers.

On 1/5/2019 at 5:21 PM, Valor2005 said:

We had a great time when we sailed on the Breeze 2 years ago.  And we don't usually like football!

Wait, there's football????  I thought there were just lots of snacks and a questionable half time show. 😉

We were on Paradise last year for SB and again this year.  The game was shown in the main showroom.  Buckets of beer were on special.  There were tables set up right inside the entrance for food.  Yes, hotdogs, chicken nuggets...I'm thinking there was chili for the dogs.  Other stuff, too...but I didn't actually do any eating because we had already eaten.  But we will skip MDR and eat the junk food this year!