Mystery solved - Roll Calls

@CC Help Jenn

It appears the reason that new roll calls keep showing up on the "Need Help? Ask Here" forum is because when someone is looking for a roll call and they find the "Learn How to Create a New Roll Call" link at the top of the main Roll Call forum, they click on that and it brings them here.

Then, after reading "how to" they do as told and click on the "Start New Topic" button.  BUT it's the one on this forum, not the one on the Roll Call forum.

Maybe the "Learn How to Create a New Roll Call" link should link to the Roll Call forum. 

OR maybe, the instructions should say:

Click the Start New Topic button AT THE TOP OF THE ROLL CALL FORUM. In the Title Box, type the full name of your ship, your sail date and year. 
When you create a new ROLL CALL topic, you MUST include the sail date in the subject line, and here's the suggested format:    Example: January 1, 2016
Please note the suggested date format with the month first and spelled out completely will help your new Roll Call topic appear on the Roll Call Finder tool faster. 

Edited by Shmoo here
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, peanutbutterjelly said:

I did this as instructed and started a roll call and it is still not showing up in the "find roll call section"  what did I do wrong?  Also its not bolded either

The Finder tool is having problems right now and the Help desk is aware of them. Even when it’s working, it can take a couple of days for a new Roll Call to be “found” by the tool.

21 hours ago, peanutbutterjelly said:

I did this as instructed and started a roll call and it is still not showing up in the "find roll call section"  what did I do wrong?  Also its not bolded either

As Turtles06 mentioned, Recently there has been a malfunction with the roll call tool and some roll calls were not added.   My tech team is working on a fix.  I will send a note when your roll call has been properly added

Okie Dokie, finally took the time to change the wording in two places that we had instructions on how to create a roll call.  Hopefully this helps keep them out of the help forum AND also the all other roll calls forum (also having a problem with EVERYTHING being created there!)

15 minutes ago, Penzance said:

I cannot find the Roll Call for Ruby Princess,  Alaska cruise on June 8th, 2019 out of Seattle.  

There are at least two roll calls created, without recent activity, because neither creator used the proper date format therefore they can't be located by the finder tool.

This is not a roll call but a notice that should have been included in the body of the roll call:

Yes, I did see the two roll calls, one started by labraiser on Sept 18th and the other by Pierlesscruiser on Dec. 9th.   I looked on the Ruby Princess Roll Calls list and the cruise to Alaska on June 8th from Seattle does NOT appear there.  Only the cruises on June 1st and on the 15th appear there.

Edited by Penzance
aded a line.

27 minutes ago, Penzance said:

Yes, I did see the two roll calls, one started by labraiser on Sept 18th and the other by Pierlesscruiser on Dec. 9th.   I looked on the Ruby Princess Roll Calls list and the cruise to Alaska on June 8th from Seattle does NOT appear there.  Only the cruises on June 1st and on the 15th appear there.

I don’t know what you are looking at, but I just skimmed though the Ruby Princess Rolls Calls and quickly found the June 8 Roll Call started by labraiser (on page 3 of those Roll Calls).  If that’s your cruise, you should join the Roll Call and ask labraiser to ask the mods to fix the title with the full, correct date. 

Thank you Turtles06 but I did write that I found the roll calls started by labraiser and Pierlesscruiser, it was on the "Find your Ruby Princess Roll Call" that the June 8th does not appear.  I copied and pasted the result of my search below........ either that or there's something wrong with my computer. 😮

Sponsored links

26 minutes ago, Penzance said:

Thank you Turtles06 but I did write that I found the roll calls started by labraiser and Pierlesscruiser, it was on the "Find your Ruby Princess Roll Call" that the June 8th does not appear. 

In your post number 14 above, you said this:

1 hour ago, Penzance said:

I looked on the Ruby Princess Roll Calls list and the cruise to Alaska on June 8th from Seattle does NOT appear there. 

My reply to you was simply to point out that the June 8 Roll Call does appear on the "Ruby Princess Roll Calls list."   If the issue is that it's not appearing in the Find your Roll Call tool, Essiesmom had already explained to you why that's the case -- the date was not stated in full in the thread title, and thus could not be "found" by the finder tool.   As LHT28 says, you'll need to contact the help desk to get this rectified. 

help@cruisecritic.com

On 1/7/2019 at 11:32 AM, CC Help Jenn said:

Thanks!  I will reword the instructions and see if that helps 🙂

Appreciate you taking the time to give it some thought

wouldn't be more effective if they put pull down menus for the date  when people start a roll call

I am sure  the IT people could figure out how to do it

• Like 1

On 1/12/2019 at 10:23 PM, LHT28 said:

wouldn't be more effective if they put pull down menus for the date  when people start a roll call

I am sure  the IT people could figure out how to do it

Definitely would be more effective!  We are in the brainstorming phases of revamping the roll call experience and we definitely have ease of creating/finding/joining the roll call on our minds.   

1 minute ago, CC Help Jenn said:

Definitely would be more effective!  We are in the brainstorming phases of revamping the roll call experience and we definitely have ease of creating/finding/joining the roll call on our minds.   

yes  less  hassle if you  lead them to the correct  format 🙂

Different Countries write dates  in different ways  so if the month is  spelled out  for people that takes care of most of the issues

JMO

• Thanks 1

On 1/12/2019 at 6:03 PM, Penzance said:

Thank you Turtles06 but I did write that I found the roll calls started by labraiser and Pierlesscruiser, it was on the "Find your Ruby Princess Roll Call" that the June 8th does not appear.  I copied and pasted the result of my search below........ either that or there's something wrong with my computer. 😮

Sponsored links

I added the June 8th sailing to the roll call finder 🙂  

Hope this helps

This is our Roll Call heading, and it refuses to show up when you search for your Roll Call.  You have to go to the listing of cruise lines, then the specific ship, then scroll down all of the posts to find this Roll Call.  Can we get this fixed.  I suspect it is because the word "Japan" is separating  Diamond Princess and July 3, 2019, and the search function can not read that format.  Please help.  Thanks, Barbara

Diamond Princess Japan July 3rd 2019 8 and 16 day cruise

I tried to find assistance at help@cruisecritic.com as suggested, and I tried to go into the heading to take out the rd to fix the way the date reads so that the Roll Call finder would work.  Nothing I have done has worked.  Can CC Help Jenn fix this Roll Call heading and make the Roll Call pop up correctly?

Thanks

2 hours ago, TXTraveler2007 said:

This is our Roll Call heading, and it refuses to show up when you search for your Roll Call.  You have to go to the listing of cruise lines, then the specific ship, then scroll down all of the posts to find this Roll Call.  Can we get this fixed.  I suspect it is because the word "Japan" is separating  Diamond Princess and July 3, 2019, and the search function can not read that format.  Please help.  Thanks, Barbara

Diamond Princess Japan July 3rd 2019 8 and 16 day cruise

I tried to find assistance at help@cruisecritic.com as suggested, and I tried to go into the heading to take out the rd to fix the way the date reads so that the Roll Call finder would work.  Nothing I have done has worked.  Can CC Help Jenn fix this Roll Call heading and make the Roll Call pop up correctly?

Thanks

The only way it can be fixed now is by the  people in charge.  Once a roll is started with an incorrect format in the date, the roll call finder tool cannot "see" it, even if you change the format.

Contacting help@cruisecritic.com should get it fixed for you.  But it can take a few days for that to happen.