Guarantee Balcony Cabins- Ovation

marjenn

I’ve never done a Guarantee Cabin before as I like to choose my location but some friends going on a cruise with us are wanting to save some money so are leaning towards letting Royal pick their cabin. This will be on the Ovation of the Seas going to Alaska. The Question:  What’s the likelihood that the Balcony Royal picks is an obstructed view balcony?  I’m guessing pretty likely which I don’t think they’d want going to Alaska. Thanks for any help.

33 minutes ago, marjenn said:

I’ve never done a Guarantee Cabin before as I like to choose my location but some friends going on a cruise with us are wanting to save some money so are leaning towards letting Royal pick their cabin. This will be on the Ovation of the Seas going to Alaska. The Question:  What’s the likelihood that the Balcony Royal picks is an obstructed view balcony?  I’m guessing pretty likely which I don’t think they’d want going to Alaska. Thanks for any help.

Alaska cruises are expensive xompared to Caribbean cruises............so really if you are going is is really worth saving $150 per person for picking a GTY Balcony when you can just pick your Balcony cabin yourself. If $300 is scaring you wait until you see what teh excursions on the ports are going to cost you. If this is a vacation of a lifetime, why not just chose the cabin and location you want.

What week are you looking at?

If this was a caribbean cruise I would say yes just go with a GTY Balcony.

Good luck with whatever you decide?

12 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Alaska cruises are expensive xompared to Caribbean cruises............so really if you are going is is really worth saving $150 per person for picking a GTY Balcony when you can just pick your Balcony cabin yourself. If $300 is scaring you wait until you see what teh excursions on the ports are going to cost you. If this is a vacation of a lifetime, why not just chose the cabin and location you want.

What week are you looking at?

If this was a caribbean cruise I would say yes just go with a GTY Balcony.

Good luck with whatever you decide?

I agree.  We were in the same situation for a cruise on Anthem and decided not to risk it and spent an extra couple hundred more to pick our own room.  That was for a 9-night Bermuda/Caribbean cruise.  I didn't want to walk out on my balcony and have a lifeboat in front of my face LOL.

Thanks for your replies. I feel the same as the last couple of posters which is why we picked our own cabin but the difference in price now for our friends is about $1000 from Pick your own definite none obstructed balcony to letting Royal Pick your balcony and hope it’s not obstructed.

We made a booking for a guarantee room on Ovation. At the time it was a large price difference so we took a chance and this is what we ended up with -  deck 13 with minimal  high obstruction and overlying roof. 

It was not far from the stairs up to the Windjammer for a drink or snack and we found no noise from above.6FF6F303-7ED4-4505-97EE-9F979F6C4C82.thumb.jpeg.37e5db14b563925f1d31770d7d8b207d.jpege