Deluxe Beverage package

Thank you so much for all of your advice. I called our agent and she said I could get the Alcohol package but my husband would have to get the Refreshment package. Hubbs is ok with that and we shall see how it goes. I really hope the sale stays a little longer so i can pay for it. 🙂 

On 1/9/2019 at 1:03 PM, FerretMom said:

I'm a drinker and my partner doesn't drink at all. I had to buy him the beverage package that included specialty coffee etc. if I wanted the alcoholic package. He ended up really appreciating being able to get sf red bull and a few milkshakes, but otherwise would have been very happy with just the soda package.

Does anyone think the upgrade onboard tactic would work if neither party had any package? I think I bought my alcoholic package at $44 or $48/night, the lowest this board says it goes. It was so much more expensive on board.  I'm wondering if the price per night combined may still be lower than the on board price for just one. .. ? 

The $600ish cost was still a shock, but if I wanted to drink as much as I would have at an all inclusive, our usual vacay, it was still a better deal. I def got my money's worth 😉

we never have any package for other people in the room. Just the hubby had the alcohol one. i didnt have a soda package or anything. on any of the ships we have sailed. and all have been the same. never charged the other person or made the other person have one

54 minutes ago, timandstaciejenner said:

we never have any package for other people in the room. Just the hubby had the alcohol one. i didnt have a soda package or anything. on any of the ships we have sailed. and all have been the same. never charged the other person or made the other person have one

You must not have sailed recently-

• Like 1

I am on Anthem 23 Feb saling . I just try to book the drink pkg and the refreshment pkg for DW.  The RCCL rep told me that my TA will have to do this.  I was unpleasantly surprised but the sale for our cruise goes thru 1-16-2019.  I thought I would let others know that if you have a TA booking all things must go thru them.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Trailcon said:

I am on Anthem 23 Feb saling . I just try to book the drink pkg and the refreshment pkg for DW.  The RCCL rep told me that my TA will have to do this.  I was unpleasantly surprised but the sale for our cruise goes thru 1-16-2019.  I thought I would let others know that if you have a TA booking all things must go thru them.

There must be some sort of misunderstanding here.  Your travel agent does not have to book beverage packages.  You should be able to use either Royal's website or call customer service to book your beverage package.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Trailcon said:

Call back. I booked through a travel agent as well and called RC to purchase one deluxe and one refreshment. The rep even sold me the deluxe voom combo package which saved me $5 a day for wifi. I was going to purchase it separately anyway so the call paid off.

On 1/9/2019 at 6:09 PM, foz1946 said:

yep in the UK its a shopping trolley not a cart lol. As George Bernard Shaw said  The United States and Great Britain are two countries separated by a common language.

My DSIL was transferred to North Carolina.  They are called "buggies" there.😊

21 hours ago, Trailcon said:

What number did you call?  Maybe I called the wrong number since they initially wanted me to book another cruise. Thanks in advance.

I called the phone number that was at the top of  the page on the website. 866-562--7625.  Select option #2.

I have also booked drink packages directly through RCCL when my booking was through a TA.

IIRC, me TA told me that I needed to book them, either with the Cruise Planner or by calling.  She could not access my Cruise Planner.

On 1/11/2019 at 11:30 AM, timandstaciejenner said:

But your signature lists your last RCI cruise as being in 2012. 

On 1/9/2019 at 6:20 PM, TravelerMK said:

My husband has the Deluxe package for our upcoming Oasis sail, but I cannot drinking alcohol for medical reasons. When I called up to deal with this, it was easy. I did want and booked the Refreshment package, so I said that I cannot drink alcohol, the rep asked, "For medical reasons?" I said, "Yes." And that was it 🙂

Called yesterday and was given the option of one deluxe and one refreshment.  My wife never has gotten a package before and hate to have to buy one when not needed.  When I log into the Cruise Planner now, I see the option of cancelling the refreshment package without my deluxe package being cancelled.  Anyone have experience with this scenario?

15 minutes ago, Trailcon said:

I have just got off the phone with RCCL they wanted a doctors note in able to get only the refreshment package.  Has anyone experienced this and does the standard answer apply ie: call again

Yes, I'd call again.

Thanks Bob, I just did got a different rep he handled it all very quickly and professionally.  I now have both packages booked at a price I am comfortable with which is the advice you give everyone. 40 days till Anthem.

41 minutes ago, Trailcon said:

I have just got off the phone with RCCL they wanted a doctors note in able to get only the refreshment package.  Has anyone experienced this and does the standard answer apply ie: call again

I wasn’t asked and if I were I would call again. If they insisted I would just create a Dr. note on my computer 

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the smoothies and juices at the Vitality Cafe on the Allure are included in the Deluxe package I heard they were very good there , also I saw on another site that Milkshakes at Johnny Rockets are included as well, Any feedback would be great. 

3 hours ago, aespo4 said:

Does anyone know if the smoothies and juices at the Vitality Cafe on the Allure are included in the Deluxe package I heard they were very good there , also I saw on another site that Milkshakes at Johnny Rockets are included as well, Any feedback would be great. 

Yes, the smoothies are included as long as no protein power is added.

8 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

8 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Perfect Thank you!