Deluxe Beverage package

Hello! I was trying to book the deluxe beverage package for our upcoming trip on Royal Caribbean. However, it looks like it will only let me book it if I buy one for me and one for my husband. I understand the reasoning behind it ( I assume to keep people from sharing), but my husband doesn't drink. I am serious he just doesn't like the stuff. Is there any way to buy the package for me without having to buy him one? 

Edited by Dolphinseas143

4 minutes ago, Dolphinseas143 said:

Hello! I was trying to book the deluxe beverage package for our upcoming trip on Royal Caribbean. However, it looks like it will only let me book it if I buy one for me and one for my husband. I understand the reasoning behind it ( I assume to keep people from sharing), but my husband doesn't drink. I am serious he just doesn't like the stuff. Is there any way to buy the package for me without having to buy him one? 

Yes there is but it is not possible online. You would need to call them and order it that way. 

If he absolutely doesnt drink at all due to personal preference or religious reasons, then yes he doesn’t have to get the alcohol package but he might have to get the refreshment package or something, not positive about that part though. 

But I do know that you don’t have to get it for both of one of the adults doesn’t drink anything at all. 

1 minute ago, 37645 said:

Yes there is but it is not possible online. You would need to call them and order it that way. 

If he absolutely doesnt drink at all due to personal preference or religious reasons, then yes he doesn’t have to get the alcohol package but he might have to get the refreshment package or something, not positive about that part though. 

But I do know that you don’t have to get it for both of one of the adults doesn’t drink anything at all. 

Ok great. I will call and see if they will let me order it that way then. He is going to get the coke beverage card because he doesn't do coffee either, if they let us do it that way.(apparently he is not a normal adult lol) So, I will see what they say. Thank you for your info. 🙂

1 minute ago, Dolphinseas143 said:

Ok great. I will call and see if they will let me order it that way then. He is going to get the coke beverage card because he doesn't do coffee either, if they let us do it that way.(apparently he is not a normal adult lol) So, I will see what they say. Thank you for your info. 🙂

He will have to buy the refreshment package. No wiggle room there in my experience. 

• Like 1

You are going to have a very hard time without a medical reason.  I've had bariatric surgery and cannot drink alcohol or sugar (I'm one of the ones who dump immediately - for people who know about the surgery).  I had to not only get a note from my family doctor but also my surgeon's office.  I was able to buy the pop package instead (which I won't use but at least it's cheaper). You might have an easier time if you agree to buy the refreshment package.

2 minutes ago, MaddyandMax said:

You are going to have a very hard time without a medical reason.  I've had bariatric surgery and cannot drink alcohol or sugar (I'm one of the ones who dump immediately - for people who know about the surgery).  I had to not only get a note from my family doctor but also my surgeon's office.  I was able to buy the pop package instead (which I won't use but at least it's cheaper). You might have an easier time if you agree to buy the refreshment package.

oh wow. That is crazy they require so much documentation just for a drink package. I understand they don't want sharing but seriously. Thank you for your advice.

30 minutes ago, Dolphinseas143 said:

oh wow. That is crazy they require so much documentation just for a drink package. I understand they don't want sharing but seriously. Thank you for your advice.

You can imagine how many hundreds of excuses people have given RCCL why they don’t want the drink package for the second guest and half of these people end up sharing after they said they’d never do something like that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

You can imagine how many hundreds of excuses people have given RCCL why they don’t want the drink package for the second guest and half of these people end up sharing after they said they’d never do something like that.

Well your right. I can understand that. I hate that the dishonest people mess stuff up for the honest ones. But, I totally get it and if they don't let me get it then that's ok. I don't have to have it.

We only get one for my husband each time because I frankly dont drink enough to make it worth it and stay away from soda and try to stick with water only. We always just purchase once we board and have never had any issues. everytime you try to do it ahead of time online or on the phone you get the story of having to do it for both people but once onboard we just head up to the pool and purchase it from the table.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, timandstaciejenner said:

We only get one for my husband each time because I frankly dont drink enough to make it worth it and stay away from soda and try to stick with water only. We always just purchase once we board and have never had any issues. everytime you try to do it ahead of time online or on the phone you get the story of having to do it for both people but once onboard we just head up to the pool and purchase it from the table.

When was the last time you were able to buy only one package on board?

12 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

When was the last time you were able to buy only one package on board?

Last week - travelling companion just asked a member of bar staff in the theater how to upgrade her package from Refresh to Deluxe - he took her card and came back with receipt for her to sign.  She paid about $3 more per day than I did buying the Deluxe before the cruise.

Her cabin mate was not forced to buy it, but finally decided to upgrade as well.

we havnt been on a royal in a few years but its the same with norwegian who we just did this last year. told the same story when prebooking and even when we first walk on to the ship at the welcome table but as soon as we go upstairs to the pool we can just sign up and buy individually. never charged for the second adult. every single time. no questions asked and non asked by us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ptod said:

Last week - travelling companion just asked a member of bar staff in the theater how to upgrade her package from Refresh to Deluxe - he took her card and came back with receipt for her to sign.  She paid about $3 more per day than I did buying the Deluxe before the cruise.

Her cabin mate was not forced to buy it, but finally decided to upgrade as well.

Oh, so the cabin mate already had a Refreshment package.  I understand now.

From your previous post, I thought you were saying that they let you purchase a Deluxe package and your cabin mate had no package.

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

Oh, so the cabin mate already had a Refreshment package.  I understand now.

From your previous post, I thought you were saying that they let you purchase a Deluxe package and your cabin mate had no package.

Sorry - I should have clarified - yes they both had the Refresh package prior to cruise.  I see know that what I wrote could be taken as they had NO package prior to the cruise.

Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

I'm a drinker and my partner doesn't drink at all. I had to buy him the beverage package that included specialty coffee etc. if I wanted the alcoholic package. He ended up really appreciating being able to get sf red bull and a few milkshakes, but otherwise would have been very happy with just the soda package.

Does anyone think the upgrade onboard tactic would work if neither party had any package? I think I bought my alcoholic package at $44 or $48/night, the lowest this board says it goes. It was so much more expensive on board.  I'm wondering if the price per night combined may still be lower than the on board price for just one. .. ? 

The $600ish cost was still a shock, but if I wanted to drink as much as I would have at an all inclusive, our usual vacay, it was still a better deal. I def got my money's worth 😉

• Like 1

My husband has the Deluxe package for our upcoming Oasis sail, but I cannot drinking alcohol for medical reasons. When I called up to deal with this, it was easy. I did want and booked the Refreshment package, so I said that I cannot drink alcohol, the rep asked, "For medical reasons?" I said, "Yes." And that was it 🙂