Getting from Port Canaveral to Port of Miami

4Tacos

My family (4) want to do two cruises back to back. My husband and I are celebrating our 20th anniversary. We've picked two cruises but the first one ends in Port Canaveral on a Saturday and the second cruise leaves from Port of Miami on that same Saturday. We do not wish to rent a car and drive ourselves. We don't want the hassle or stress. We just want to relax and let someone else do the driving. Any specific suggestions on private transfers or shuttles? 

6 minutes ago, 4Tacos said:

My family (4) want to do two cruises back to back. My husband and I are celebrating our 20th anniversary. We've picked two cruises but the first one ends in Port Canaveral on a Saturday and the second cruise leaves from Port of Miami on that same Saturday. We do not wish to rent a car and drive ourselves. We don't want the hassle or stress. We just want to relax and let someone else do the driving. Any specific suggestions on private transfers or shuttles? 

You do know that Miami is 3-4 hrs away?  Your quickest way would be to rent a car...

Maybe some of the local folks can give you some other alternatives..

Edited by GTO-Girl

You could shuttle to Orlando, fly to Miami, and then taxi to the port but that does not sound relaxing or cheap to me. :classic_wacko:

Either find cruises leaving from the same port or rent a car - it is an easy 3.5 - 4 hour drive down I95

As a PP indicated, it can easily be a 4 hour drive.  

You would want to be among the first to disembark your first cruise. If you were among the last, you could find yourself very rushed in Miami. What time is the ship sailing, and what time are you required to be aboard?

• 2 weeks later...

At least check out flights from Orlando to Miami/Fort Lauderdale. We flew from MCO to MIA a couple of years ago on Jet Blue and it was MUCH cheaper than renting a car each way, and much more convenient. Not sure what prices are today, but worth looking at.

OP 

Good Luck, whichever way you choose there will be hassle and stress going from Port Canaveral to Port of Miami. Not to mention the cost. Look at 2 different cruise(lines) from Port Canaveral or choose Port Everglades/Port of Miami as an option.

Choosing Port Everglades/Port of Miami you can Uber/Lift or taxi and be more relaxed.

There is a bus called Cruise Connection that offers transportation to Port Everglades/Port of Miami. Looking at their website, it seems like the closest pick up point from Port Canaveral is in Melbourne at 8:30am, so you’d need to be off the ship and either take a taxi or Uber to that pick up point which would be about 30 minutes away. 

Unfortunately, there aren’t many transportation options between ports. If I were you, I’d look at car rentals even if you don’t want to drive yourself. This is one time when it may be the easiest, most hassle free option. 

Car rental is by far the best, easiest and least stress free choice. You will want to get off the ship early to give time for delays and returning the rental car. 

I don't think flying is a good option. It will take just as long to fly as it would to rent a car. 45-mins to MCO, an hour in MCO (minimum) 30-min flight, 20-30 mins at FLL/MIA airport, 20-45mins to get to the port. Talking about pretty much 4-hours, where the drive is 4-hours too. 

It is a super easy drive, a straight shot down I-95. Could not be easier of a drive. 

We are doing this in reverse on Feb. 23. We checked Tri rail, flights, uber, and settled on rental car even thought we don't really want to drive ourselves. Picking up car at MIA and dropping in Port Canaveral, $57 USD. We booked through Expedia with Hertz, but cant seem to find out if they have a free shuttle from Port of Miami to Miami airport to pick up the car. I know I have seen shuttles circling the port but do they go to the airport? Is there a charge? If not, whats our best best (cheapest) way to get to the airport.

Thanks,

Tony

Alamo, Dollar, National, Thifty, and Enterprise have free shuttle service from the Port Of Miami to the Miami International Airport Rental Car Center. Hertz, Avis, and Budget have shuttle service to their downtown Miami locations. A cab from the Port Of Miami to MIA is a set price of twenty seven dollars plus tip.