Back to Back cruises from Sydney

Hi am doing a b2 to b2 to b2 from Sydney Au do they have to zero out the ship like they do when you cruise in the United States. Or can you just stay on ship  like in Europe or do what you want on turn around days when one cruise ends and another one starts.

Also am trying to do an excursion to the Blue Mountians. 

Any information would be great. Have not been down under before.

1 hour ago, juniper berries said:

Hi am doing a b2 to b2 to b2 from Sydney Au do they have to zero out the ship like they do when you cruise in the United States. Or can you just stay on ship  like in Europe or do what you want on turn around days when one cruise ends and another one starts.

Also am trying to do an excursion to the Blue Mountians. 

Any information would be great. Have not been down under before.

You can do the Blue MTs by Train. No formal excursion really needed, but if. Go the excursion route your hotel may have tour brochures and I’d suggest one that includes a wildlife park. If you mean on turn around day, my question would be are you at White Bay or OPT.

i don’t think they make you zero out. I have seen lines for in transit passengers to come and go.

On the turnaround days you will need to leave the ship with your old card and return with your new card. If doing an excursion you may leave before the process occurs so you may need to check in again to get your card, otherwise they will provide a meeting place on debark morning and give them out then, the process takes about 30 mins to leave the ship and then walk back on. 

Yes, they have to get a zero count for the ship and you get an intransit form ( sorry ..talking about Royal and Celebrity .not sure about the " others")  The ships often have Blue Mountains excursions  after debark but not sure what time they may return or if they even come back to the terminal, as far as getting you back if your ship leaves early ( The Radiance for example, sails about 4pm )  What ship are you sailing on?

2 hours ago, juniper berries said:

Any suggestions for what to do on the turn around days.

Catch the bus to Bondi.

Either get off there for a look around, or stay on the bus (some continue on) towards Watsons Bay.

Get off about half way to Watsons, and join the Federation Cliff walk to Watsons Bay.

Extend this walk to include the one around South Head.

Have lunch overlooking the harbour at Watsons Bay.

Catch the ferry back to Circular Quay.

• 2 weeks later...

Can I ask about a B2B where the first one is a domestic and the second international. I understand we would have to get off and go through customs/border security but do we have to take our luggage too or will it just be transferred to new cabin? Unfortunately we have to change.  Its a Carnival cruise.

22 minutes ago, fivefoot4 said:

Can I ask about a B2B where the first one is a domestic and the second international. I understand we would have to get off and go through customs/border security but do we have to take our luggage too or will it just be transferred to new cabin? Unfortunately we have to change.  Its a Carnival cruise.

You do not have to take your luggage when doing a B2B. When changing to a new cabin, I suggest you go to the area of your new cabin the day before and introduce yourselves to the steward. In your old cabin, pack up your small items into one of your suitcases. The staff will move the items on hangers to the new cabin along with your suitcases. For your valuables in your safe that you don't want to take ashore for the day, I suggest you ask your 'new' cabin steward if you can put them in the safe in that cabin before you go ashore.

As others have said, you have to go ashore, but it can be first-off or last-off. When you come back, your clothes will be hanging in your new cabin along with your 'bit and pieces' in your suitcases. On Princess and on P&O you are not required to do the lifeboat drill if you have done it within the last month. Enquire about this for Carnival.