Credid card debited after cruise

That’s really annoying. I thought it was per cabin. But I did see it separately listed when on Silhouette but think it rolled from one to another. If not then it’s a little sly I think. Not like you can retrieve it afterwards if in credit. I’ve often bought stuff for the other half but it’s gone to my OBC naturally.

We only have the one credit card account. When we booked 10 months out from our cruise the OBC was  $300 per cabin  Have checked our tickets issued on 3 Dec and its definitely stated as $300 per cabin. 

This is something I think future cruisers should be aware of if it is  now changed to per person.

I have written back asking why they did this. Will be interested if they get back to me.

39 minutes ago, teigenes said:

We only have the one credit card account. When we booked 10 months out from our cruise the OBC was  $300 per cabin  Have checked our tickets issued on 3 Dec and its definitely stated as $300 per cabin. 

This is something I think future cruisers should be aware of if it is  now changed to per person.

I have written back asking why they did this. Will be interested if they get back to me.

I understand you only have the one credit card account but thought maybe when your card was swiped at check in that, perhaps, you and your husband were not linked on the one onboard account  initially and the card was swiped twice ,once for each name , giving you both seperate accounts.Any OBC is normally linked to the primary booking guests account and the account should be just a total of spending by all people linked to the account less the cabin  OBC but if this happened it would explain what happened.

Edited by gbenjo

Delighted to report that  Celebrity have replied and they will credit the unspent OBC to our credit card account. 

I decided it was unwise to give them the credit card number in an email so called the phone number for the Australian office that was at the end of the email.  I was able to speak to the woman who I had been dealing with by email. I commented to her about the hot weather both countries are experiencing and was somewhat surprised that in fact she was talking to me from Central America,!(Guatamala) 

So I can say I am happy with the result,  I stayed calm and in the end it was a positive outcome.

Thank you everyone for your support, suggestions and goodwill.

Yvonne

1 hour ago, teigenes said:

Delighted to report that  Celebrity have replied and they will credit the unspent OBC to our credit card account. 

I decided it was unwise to give them the credit card number in an email so called the phone number for the Australian office that was at the end of the email.  I was able to speak to the woman who I had been dealing with by email. I commented to her about the hot weather both countries are experiencing and was somewhat surprised that in fact she was talking to me from Central America,!(Guatamala) 

So I can say I am happy with the result,  I stayed calm and in the end it was a positive outcome.

Yvonne

Great news

On 1/30/2019 at 6:05 AM, teigenes said:

Yvonne

Great news that you got the unspent OBC refunded.  ( I knew you would 😁) but can I ask you a question please. Would you remember if the Xpress pass you used to check in was the the new style with no signatures or credit card details on it, just the basic info and a large bar code. The reason I ask is that I was doing check in today for the Solstice and noticed that a few of the " new style" documents did not have  the ( say) husband and wife, linked to the one onboard account and needed to have the credit card swiped for both which would result in, if they had an OBC,  the credit going to the primary booking person only instead of the "linked " account. This is what I beilieve happened in your case and because of your post I was able to advise the guests to link their account with guest services when onboard. As this is something new perhaps the check in agent you had ( who could very well have been quite new to the job) would not have been aware of this.  Thank you for posting your problem , it may just have saved a lot more people from suffering the same circumstance as we can  now alert all check in agents about this  👍👍( maybe even get Celebrity to fix the glitch in the program 🤔)

Edited by gbenjo

Thanks for that warning, gbenjo. We're boarding Solstice in Auckland end of March to cruise back to Sydney. I'll keep an eye out for that issue.

Good to hear the OP's problem has been resolved satisfactorily.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Thanks for that warning, gbenjo. We're boarding Solstice in Auckland end of March to cruise back to Sydney. I'll keep an eye out for that issue.

Good to hear the OP's problem has been resolved satisfactorily.

What date will you in Sydney? Might see you when you debark, I will be somewhere in the luggage hall(s) just ask ask  one of our  staff in the yellow vests where I am.

3 hours ago, gbenjo said:

What date will you in Sydney? Might see you when you debark, I will be somewhere in the luggage hall(s) just ask ask  one of our  staff in the yellow vests where I am.

Friday 12th April. Look out for the luggage with jester hats painted on it. That's ours. Someone liked it on our last Celebrity cruise, all our bags were neatly lined up together. We've never had that when arriving on Princess ships.

11 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Friday 12th April. Look out for the luggage with jester hats painted on it. That's ours. Someone liked it on our last Celebrity cruise, all our bags were neatly lined up together. We've never had that when arriving on Princess ships.

Princess.. who are they? 😂😂😂.  The bags are always  checked by our staff to make sure they are in the correct number  area and  if there are obvious similarities ( and names of course  😁)they will group the bags together. Makes it easier for the guest but also helps us to clear the hall  that little bit  quicker.......... Winner / winner 👌👌

• Like 1

13 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

But you did 'Come Back New' with Princess.  Any sign of ye olde Royal Caribbean/Celebrity red carpet at the opt? 😁

Edited by NSWP

18 hours ago, gbenjo said:

Would you remember if the Xpress pass you used to check in was the the new style with no signatures or credit card details on it, just the basic info and a large bar code.

Have just checked on  our tickets and, yes it was an Xpress Pass, there was a bar code. My husband was the primary card holder and he authorised for me to use the account and he had to sign  this.

The last four digets of our credit card were on their print-out we got .  His card was swiped at the time of boarding the ship but not mine.  

Edited by teigenes

On 1/25/2019 at 1:27 PM, teigenes said:

I have had a reply from Celebrity Australia, complete with a copy of our expenditure while on board.  This was all in order and no complaints about that. 

However, I was somewhat surprised that while my husband and I have a joint Visa account,  our OBC was seperate and at the end of the cruise, while I had  overspent mine by $86US,  Gary still had a credit and naturally assumed our total spending would be lumped together and there would be no charge to our Visa. I could have had a spend up with his credit had I known that !!!

I did know if one didn't spend the full OBC it would be forfeit at the end of the cruise.  Maybe its written somewhere that the OBC is per individual not couples but I don't recall that. Also while you can check your account on the TV its not always up to date.

So maybe I will be a bit wiser for next time!!

We were surprised about that too and so alternated the use of our cards to purchase items. This is the first time it has happened in 6 cruises with Celebrity.

As for the VISA charge I think this is one reason why we put down cash as well as the OBC on our accounts so we don't get these little surprises.  We did get one last year when they decided we hadn't paid gratuities and started using our just in case money.  We had our TA sort it out and then the gratuities were removed but we then got the envelopes on the bed asking for tips.  First time we haven't tipped extra because we were so damn angry about the whole thing.  We like to tip because we want to, not because they have asked us to.