EZair Discovery

rbslos18

In preparation for our transatlantic cruise in the Winter, I checked the earlier cruises to get a feel for the Business Class air. Beginning with August cruises there isn't a single that currently has roundtrip Flexible Business class air available.  Interesting! The one way US to Europe is around $1200 for the Flexible price. The roundtrip Restricted price for roundtrip is around $7500. What's going on?!

RB

I have booked business class for August for myself and my husband.  I have 2 one ways as we are going San Francisco to Shannon (for the cruise/tour) then will come home from London to San Francisco.

The price has come down twice since my original booking.  First price $7,516.58 and current price $5,694.86. These are flexible fares.  The current price with United for my exact flight is $9,416.66.

I have found that I love EZAir. Wish I had found it before I paid full price to fly to Australia.

OP what airports are you trying to fly in and out of?  The price should come down.  My price dropped three times from my initial booking 330 days ago

Edited by AF-1
changed my txt

I am flying to Copenhagen and at the end of the cruise flying domestic from New York. When I priced a round trip on EZair it was around $7,500 for business class. When I priced one way to Copenhagen business class was around $1250. The price directly from the airline was $8500. So, I booked EZair one way and purchased the flight home directly with the airline for $250 for business class.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Can I ask a question as well.

If we book air thru the cruise line, and it is 'flexible'...  Then we decide when to pay and finalize the booking...  ( which gets your seats...) Can I assume that once you pay,  then you are locked in, even if there is a lower fare offered.  Right?

With some airlines paying and ticketing is not required for seat selection.  United, Delta, and American are three that come to mind.

Once you pay and are ticketed you're subject to the airlines' rules. Lower eZAir fares will not be available to you.

27 minutes ago, letscruiseagain&again said:

I am flying to Copenhagen and at the end of the cruise flying domestic from New York. When I priced a round trip on EZair it was around $7,500 for business class. When I priced one way to Copenhagen business class was around $1250. The price directly from the airline was $8500. So, I booked EZair one way and purchased the flight home directly with the airline for $250 for business class.

Yep that is eactly what I found. Anyone understand why? 

Bob

FYI,  I've found that if you plug in "First Class" instead of "Business Class" the price is usually cheaper. Example: I checked today on our flights to Alaska from LAX the return from Vancouver to LAX, 1st Class was $800+/- and Business was $2700 and those were PP. Might be worth a try for you, I do it on all flights no matter which part of the world we're traveling to/from.

12 hours ago, firecrewcapt said:

FYI,  I've found that if you plug in "First Class" instead of "Business Class" the price is usually cheaper. Example: I checked today on our flights to Alaska from LAX the return from Vancouver to LAX, 1st Class was $800+/- and Business was $2700 and those were PP. Might be worth a try for you, I do it on all flights no matter which part of the world we're traveling to/from.

Great find. Case closed!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, letscruiseagain&again said:

How were you able to purchase the return business class flight for only $250?  That sounds like the bargain of the century! 

15 hours ago, firecrewcapt said:

FYI, I just looked at EZ Air and found the route you are speaking of priced as follows: Book First Class and the complete round trip is $1505 and change per person. This is for Oct. of '19.

Surely that can't be right?!  Sounds like economy pricing.  I'm looking at $9500 right now for bus. class for 2 with those darn seat fees for our flights (not the OP's flights). 

3 hours ago, 2theship said:

Booking flights for our fall transatlantic, business class fares were $7000, first class were $1600. You need to consider all the possible options. 

Wow!  That is crazy low!  Guess I'll try that too although for BA, it doesn't work but maybe for other carriers it will, thanks.

19 hours ago, mnocket said:

How were you able to purchase the return business class flight for only $250?  That sounds like the bargain of the century! 

The $250 business class flight is domestic so it's not that great of a deal. I was just illustrating the quirk in EZair that was being discussed. I booked business class home because the difference when adding in any baggage fees really negates the cost difference between economy and business class. 

12 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Coral, how much of a difference was Business verses First?

I compared flights from OMA to LHR.

All flights that I compared had 1 stop over in the US before the flight to London. The flights listed the first leg as First or Economy (domestic) and then the next leg to London were all listed in Business Class. None were First Class. They all said  "Some flights may not be in your requested class". So the prices were the same. Many of these flights were OMA to ORD to LHR on a variety of lines.

Oddly - if I try this out of my preferred airport LNK - it says no flights found Try Again, though if I search for Business Class, I can find flights.

Though in my situation - I have access to limited airlines.

Edited by Coral

1 minute ago, Coral said:

I compared flights from OMA to LHR.

All flights that I compared had 1 stop over in the US before the flight to London. The flights listed the first leg as First or Economy (domestic) and then the next leg to London were all listed in Business Class. None were First Class. They all said something like "Not all flights are in requested class" or something like that. So the prices were the same. Many of these flights were OMA to ORD to LHR on a variety of lines.

I say keep checking.  The airlines put out so many business and first class seats at a time.  Then if the flights do not sell that well they will put more out.  In your case; there may not be a first class or business class seat from Omaha to Chicago  that may be a regional jet with no first class; keep checking

6 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

I say keep checking.  The airlines put out so many business and first class seats at a time.  Then if the flights do not sell that well they will put more out.  In your case; there may not be a first class or business class seat from Omaha to Chicago  that may be a regional jet with no first class; keep checking

I do get the regional jet situation. That is why I either get Economy or First on the first leg, but the most important leg (to London) never shows any First Class.

I am booked from LNK to LHR with coach for the first leg and Business for the second leg at $2500.

So the trick to put in "First Class" being cheaper than Business Class doesn't work for me. I am compulsive and do check frequently.

Edited by Coral

4 minutes ago, Coral said:

I do get the regional jet situation. That is why I either get Economy or First on the first leg, but the most important leg (to London) never shows any First Class.

I am booked from LNK to LHR with coach for the first leg and Business for the second leg at $2500.

have you tried putting in different airports.  Maybe LNK is more expensive to fly out of then OMA.  Also try to do one way ticket. Price LNK to ORD; then price ORD to LHR in Business or First.  What time of year are we looking at

Edited by AF-1
added txt

9 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

have you tried putting in different airports.  Maybe LNK is more expensive to fly out of then OMA.  Also try to do one way ticket. Price LNK to ORD; then price ORD to LHR in Business or First

LNK and OMA are the same price with EZ Air. I check both frequently. 

Unfortunately - I don't feel comfortable booking tickets separately such as flying to LNK to ORD on one ticket and then using EZ Air from ORD to LHR. Our flights are pretty unreliable - I would hate to miss my flight to ORD and then try to re-negotiate the ORD to LHR flight. If it is one ticket, they need to take care of me. For example - yesterday OMA was closed for a few hours to SWA going off runway. 3 of my 8 flights this summer (so half were regional jets and the ones with delays) I missed connecting flights due to a variety of reasons. 

If I was to do so, I would have to fly in the day before and fly out the day after which complicates things (getting hotels, taking additional time off from work, etc..). Not willing to drive the 8 hours to a "better airport". 

Thanks for the recommendations though. I have to work with what I have. I wish it was different. 

Edited by Coral