Upgrade on Beverage Package

daisyandeddie

yes

$20 per day  per person

If your  cruise  is sailing after May 19th 2019  you may be able to upgrade it before you go & use your OBC  I think 

maybe someone will comment if that works for the Prestige upgrade

2 hours ago, LHT28 said:

yes

$20 per day  per person

If your  cruise  is sailing after May 19th 2019  you may be able to upgrade it before you go & use your OBC  I think 

maybe someone will comment if that works for the Prestige upgrade

It's been my experience that even if you wanted to pay(non OBC) in advance to upgrade they didn't have it set up to do so. Even by going through your TA.  We were told to do it once we were on the ship.

This is in the situation where you take the Beverage Package as an Olife perk. You can buy it outright upfront. 

After May 19th, who knows.

53 minutes ago, chuckcarole said:

We board the ship on June 19th, What is happening on May 19th? 

After that date, passengers will be able to use OBC to make purchases BEFORE getting on the ship.

Up until now, we have had to wait until sailing to use on-board-credit(s).  

Edited by StanandJim
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Greetings

It's really a simple process.  When you board you will see a bartender at a table with various wines.  He/she is there to sell the wine and beverage packages.  You tell them you want to upgrade you package, they help you fill out the form, you take the form and your ship cards to Guest Services and they make you new cards.  If only one of your party wants to upgrade, that is ok.

Good Sailing

Tom

• Like 2

On 1/24/2019 at 12:55 PM, tunaman2011 said:

Greetings

It's really a simple process.  When you board you will see a bartender at a table with various wines.  He/she is there to sell the wine and beverage packages.  You tell them you want to upgrade you package, they help you fill out the form, you take the form and your ship cards to Guest Services and they make you new cards.  If only one of your party wants to upgrade, that is ok.

Good Sailing

Tom

Thank you that is a good help.

There are plenty of threads here that would answer the question, but still I will try.

First I will say that we don't take ANY beverage package!  We have our reasons which I won't go into.  Feel write to me if you want further elucidation!

The basic package (if you take it as your oLife perk) is only available at meal times, and some have said that you can't just sit at the table and keep on ordering.  It is wine by the glass -- they have a good number of selections but you have far more selections if you forego the package and either bring on your own imbibables or buy  bottles off the list.  How picky are you about your wines?  If you're an oenophile you might prefer to forego the package.  It's not that the offered wines are bad -- at least not to our tastes!  But it can depend on how demanding you are about the quality.

To upgrade to the prestige package (which costs $20pp/day) gives you pretty much unlimited selections and times BUT you are still limited to the basic wine by the glass choices.  If you want to imbibe outside of meal times, it may be worth it to you to upgrade.

They make it VERY easy to upgrade so that shouldn't be a problem if that is what you decide to do.

For us, yes, we'd take the OBC or the "free" tours.  We have been more prone to private tours for a long time but since the oLife tours came in we have done a number of them.  They are bus tours but most of ours have NOT been full, and we've had good guides.  I still prefer the private tours for smaller groups but we haven't been unhappy with the ship's tours we took (value $199 or less).

Hope I've helped and not further confused you.

Mura

It depends on what you like to drink in the way of adult beverages, and, how much...

The $200 credit is, I believe, per cabin. So, if you do not drink very much, it may be worth it to you.

We took the package for a perk and paid $20/day/person.  For us it was well worth it.  WE like good wines with meals, we like an adult beverage or 2 when we return from excursions or sit by the pool, we also enjoy them while playing trivia, or baggo, or really, anything else!

It depends on what YOU like to do!

What has not been mentioned is what the price is for Olife to get the OBC. If it's the same then the OBC is not really a good idea. That's where the drink package or the excursions make more sense. Just like everything you have to do the math. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ORV said:

What has not been mentioned is what the price is for Olife to get the OBC. If it's the same then the OBC is not really a good idea. That's where the drink package or the excursions make more sense. Just like everything you have to do the math. 

excellent point!

We always do private tours and we like our adult beverages on vacation (and pretty much, anytime), so we go for the drink package. 
N

Re, "The basic package (if you take it as your oLife perk) is only available at meal times, and some have said that you can't just sit at the table and keep on ordering.  It is wine by the glass."

Really?  Only at meals and only wine?  I thought it was anytime, any common beer, wine or cocktail.  How much are bottles of their least costly beers?

We did not buy a package (drinks anytime) on our last cruise (Celebrity).  Half way through the cruise it was announced that either "cocktails" or "mixed drinks"  would all be $7.  I don't remember which wording. Some bartenders didn't know that, so I informed them.   Some would say "that's not a cocktail, it's a mixed drink" or vice versa, and not give me the discount.

Edited by Jeffxx
info

Just now, Jeffxx said:

Really?  Only at meals and only wine?  I thought it was anytime, any common beer, wine or cocktail.  How much are bottles of their least costly beers?

For the House Select package   it is wine  by the glass , Champagne by the glass & beer  at meals only

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/value/beverage-wine-packages/

BUT  for $20 pp pd you can upgrade  to the Prestige  Package  onboard 

drinks anytime including cocktails, Martinis & fine spirits  some exceptions apply

3 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

For the House Select package   it is wine  by the glass , Champagne by the glass & beer  at meals only

BUT  for $20 pp pd you can upgrade  to the Prestige  Package  onboard 

drinks anytime including cocktails, Martinis & fine spirits  some exceptions apply

Thanks.

If you choose the House Select package, you might be disappointed.

The sommelier service on our Riviera TA cruise in November was very poor. We had to wait a long time for the sommelier to come to our table, and it was difficult to get a second glass of wine.

We had upgraded our package before the cruise, and after a couple of days, we decided to take a glass of wine with us into the dining room, which reduced the annoyance of waiting for service.

There were few sommeliers and they appeared to be worked off their feet.

4 hours ago, StanandJim said:

Yes, but on Celebrity there are drink price limits (not so on Oceania) and if one person in a cabin wants the Package then both must buy it (also not so on Oceania).

On Celebrity I have frequently upgraded whilst my wife in same cabin, never has. 

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 7:33 AM, StanandJim said:

Yes, but on Celebrity there are drink price limits (not so on Oceania) and if one person in a cabin wants the Package then both must buy it (also not so on Oceania).

That's not true. One can buy it on Celebrity without the other purchasing.  Both must select it as a perk if one wants it, same as Oceania, but if you're buying it, it's fine for one.

1 hour ago, Cruise Junky said:

That's not true. One can buy it on Celebrity without the other purchasing.  Both must select it as a perk if one wants it, same as Oceania, but if you're buying it, it's fine for one.

I'll concede on that but their caps on drink prices are a tacky mess.  I felt like I should be sitting at the bar with my abacus in hand.😝