3 or 4 nights to Bahamas?

Pros for 3 day: less time off work needed

Cons: can feel rushed. No dedicated sea day to enjoy the ship

Pros for 4 day: dedicated sea day, more time on a cruise! Usually best price/person/day for just the cruise

Cons: usually Mon-Fri so more time off from work/school. 

I personally like the 3-day Bahamas versus 4-day. If I need to take a whole week off from work I would rather take a 5-7 day cruise

Thank you all for your replies....We are not party people, so the four day may be better for us.  I will be out of school (I teach), and it's my husbands vacation, so we should be good Monday to Friday.  I'd love to try a 7 day, but I want to make sure how I make it on a shorter one first.

4 minutes ago, Dana'sDaughters said:

Thank you all for your replies....We are not party people, so the four day may be better for us.  I will be out of school (I teach), and it's my husbands vacation, so we should be good Monday to Friday.  I'd love to try a 7 day, but I want to make sure how I make it on a shorter one first.

The sea day is a plus for us on the 4-day.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Dana'sDaughters said:

Traveling with my husband and 14 year old daughter. The prices are about the same, and they go to the same ports....We are trying cruising again after some pretty rough waters and seasickness out of Seattle.  Which would you recommend? The ship is Mariner of the Seas for both trips.

We did a 4 night out of PC on Enchantment and loved the extra sea day.

We just did the 3 day to Bahamas.  I enjoyed the cruise, but it would have been nice to have an extra sea day.   Our cruise was far from rowdy, very nice mix of ages.  We are in our 60's, our kids   cruised too, and they are in their 30's.  Suggestion for sea sickness...Bonine.  Never been sea sick when taken every day.  Also, coming out of Seattle for me was far worse than to the Bahamas.  Have fun!

We really enjoyed the 4 day on Mariner (and have 4 day Navigator booked for upcoming summer).

There is a sea day .... plus we stayed on the ship for Nassau...and enough time to learn your way around and enjoy all the activities.

On 1/22/2019 at 2:11 PM, Dana'sDaughters said:

Traveling with my husband and 14 year old daughter. The prices are about the same, and they go to the same ports....We are trying cruising again after some pretty rough waters and seasickness out of Seattle.  Which would you recommend? The ship is Mariner of the Seas for both trips.

Sue & I have made Twenty Eight of the 3 & 4 Night Bahama Cruises out of Port Canaveral (Only 7 were 3 nighters). Mariner OTS is Replacing Enchantment OTS in May out of Port Canaveral. We like the 4 Night cruises much better, seemed that on the 3 nighter you were packing to go home just after unpacking on arrival. We usually spend a night before the cruise as a nearby motel/hotel. We are only about 400 miles from the port we drive down and back. We are both retired so we have the time to spend on a Monday to Friday Cruise...

Dennis & Sue

52 minutes ago, Dana'sDaughters said:

Thanks everyone! I'm really thinking about biting the bullet and doing a 7 night cruise on Symphony of the Seas.  It looks like tons of activities for my 14 year old and a big ship for my seasickness!

I think that is an excellent idea.  I took my son on his first cruise on a 5 night just to see how he liked it and we were sorry it wasn't longer.  Bonine works great,  i am prone to motion sickness.  

8 minutes ago, Cincy2 said:

I think that is an excellent idea.  I took my son on his first cruise on a 5 night just to see how he liked it and we were sorry it wasn't longer.  Bonine works great,  i am prone to motion sickness.  

The only other cruise we have taken (10 years ago) was on Rotterdam (Holland America) from Seattle to Alaska...very rough for a day and a half....bonine, wrist bands, ginger didn't touch my sickness. I finally put on a patch from the doctor and I was good to go.  Motion sickness is truly miserable!

22 hours ago, Dana'sDaughters said:

The only other cruise we have taken (10 years ago) was on Rotterdam (Holland America) from Seattle to Alaska...very rough for a day and a half....bonine, wrist bands, ginger didn't touch my sickness. I finally put on a patch from the doctor and I was good to go.  Motion sickness is truly miserable!

Yes it is.  I hope you find something that works for you.