Summit out of San Juan questions

CruisinCrow

8 minutes ago, CruisinCrow said:

Do you know which dock they use in St Thomas?

They now dock at Crown Bay unfortunately.  Made the switch a few years ago I believe. Not quite as nice as Havensight for shopping but I'm not a shopper so didn't make a difference to me.

21 minutes ago, DancerOT said:

Does anyone know what time you can board in San Juan?  I wanted to get my stuff on board and then go explore San Juan a bit.  TIA

I usually get there 10:45 or so and am usually onboard by 11am

8 minutes ago, DancerOT said:

One other question - how fast can you get off the ship?  We really want to take an 8:15am flight out to FLL but are concerned it is cutting it too close.  Unfortunately, the next flight isn't until 3:20pm.

The Summit would be scheduled to pull in at 7:00 AM. No way! Even with self disembarkation the 8:15 is crazy to try.  Especially now with the partial government shutdown. You will also need to clear agriculture inspection at the airport prior to checking your luggage with your airline. 

Edited by davekathy

5 minutes ago, DancerOT said:

That is what we figured but since others have more experience, I figured I would ask.  I really need this shutdown over (for soooo many reasons!).  A priority pass lounge at the airport would also really help things out.

Do a post cruise stay in SJ and take a early flight out the next morning. There is always plenty to do and see in OSJ. 

4 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Do a post cruise stay in SJ and take a early flight out the next morning. There is always plenty to do and see in OSJ. 

Not an option as we are trying to do Passover Seder with my grandmother that evening in FLL before flying home to Baltimore a day or two later.

1 hour ago, DancerOT said:

One other question - how fast can you get off the ship?  We really want to take an 8:15am flight out to FLL but are concerned it is cutting it too close.  Unfortunately, the next flight isn't until 3:20pm.

we made 930am flight our last time (3 years ago). could have made 8am, (no checked luggage), but it would have been close...we were the very first people in line to get off the ship.

i wouldn't do 815 flight (with out a good back up option).

20 minutes ago, DancerOT said:

That is what we figured but since others have more experience, I figured I would ask.  I really need this shutdown over (for soooo many reasons!).  A priority pass lounge at the airport would also really help things out.

I thought there was a Priority Pass lounge at SJU at Terminal C.  That's what the app says.

Just off Summit on January 17.

Muster drill on embarkation day was at 4:45 pm eventhought sailaway was 8:30 pm.  Had no idea and JUST made it because we stayed on the beach at our hotel and boarded late.  Lots of rooms missing at the drill.  No idea how they solved that since we were in port the next 10 days!

Flights home:  Docked at 6am.  Not as many people as in past for walk off disembarkation.  Told to line up at 7am.  Got there at 6:45 and was about 25 people from front.  I "dinged" out at exactly 7am.  Was seated at the SJU gate (past TSA security) at 7:40am and had checked luggage.  Fastest disembark ever despite shutdown.

1 hour ago, PelicanLvr said:

Just off Summit on January 17.

Muster drill on embarkation day was at 4:45 pm eventhought sailaway was 8:30 pm.  Had no idea and JUST made it because we stayed on the beach at our hotel and boarded late.  Lots of rooms missing at the drill.  No idea how they solved that since we were in port the next 10 days!

Flights home:  Docked at 6am.  Not as many people as in past for walk off disembarkation.  Told to line up at 7am.  Got there at 6:45 and was about 25 people from front.  I "dinged" out at exactly 7am.  Was seated at the SJU gate (past TSA security) at 7:40am and had checked luggage.  Fastest disembark ever despite shutdown.

That's weird about the muster drill.  The last time we were on Summit, it was in the evening.  I remember having to rush dinner to get to it.  

Yes - was just on Nov 2018 and they now have muster at 4:45 which half the ship missed. When I asked why, they sd so it did not disrupt dinners. Seems the next day the passengers that missed had to report to the celebrity theatre for the make-up session. So if you go into Old SanJuan, be sure and get back by about 4:15. 

On 1/24/2019 at 1:22 PM, DancerOT said:

Thats not gonna happen with any cruise line. You wont even be off of the boat by then most likely.

Edit: I see some people have made it off by that time. I have not sailed with Celebrity yet. Bit if people are off the ship by 7 that is amazing.

Edited by clskinsfan

2 hours ago, CruisinCrow said:

One more question.  Does the ship change to local time?

Never mind.  I just realized that the ship leaves out of San Juan so it will stay on the same time the whole trip.  We're used to sailing out of Florida. :classic_smile: