Eclipse Corner Aft Connecting Door

swoonx

Hi everyone,

I booked an aft cabin on Eclipse (1200) which is next to a suite on the corner. Do those cabins also have an outside connecting door?

(The other cabins on aft have outside connecting doors, but I'm worried because of the deck plan layout if this is the same for my case.)

Thank you!

Sebastian

We have cruised in the AfT corner cabin 2146 numerous times which is Deck 12.  It looks like the same set up as the 10 deck.

It is like a vestibule.  You have one door (locked) that leads into a Vestibule (hallway).  There is another locked door for cabin 2146 and another one for the other cabin.  I am not sure that I would call it two connecting cabins.  I suppose if you had a family with both cabins, you could keep the two doors open.

4 hours ago, jagoffee said:

We have cruised in the AfT corner cabin 2146 numerous times which is Deck 12.  It looks like the same set up as the 10 deck.

It is like a vestibule.  You have one door (locked) that leads into a Vestibule (hallway).  There is another locked door for cabin 2146 and another one for the other cabin.  I am not sure that I would call it two connecting cabins.  I suppose if you had a family with both cabins, you could keep the two doors open.

Thank you @jagoffee for your response!

So the "connecting doors" in the corners look similar to this?

69009ea45b47d5beae3dc1767bb2b67f.jpg

I just want to make sure I have no door inside(!) my room connecting to another cabin.

Thanks again!

There is one inside door connecting to 1198. One door inside each stateroom and they have to both be unlocked from inside each room to make them 'connecting' entries. So, 1198 can't unlock and get into your room, nor can you (1200) get into 1198 without them unlocking their door. There is no outside connecting door, that I know of. However. the partition between the verandas can be unlocked to 'share' the veranda, for those traveling with each other in the two staterooms. I hope this makes sense.

It's actually  not what's pictured here for a standard cabin.  It's more like a private hallway shared by 2 cabins with their own door.  There is a locked door to get into the private hallway (vestibule).   If the 2 cabins are not occupied by a group sometimes they leave the door to the hallway open but most times you need to use your seapass card to open the hallway then again for your cabin.  Have stayed in corner aft S1 suites multiple times and always the same.

No door interior to the cabin.

Thanks @K12Guy and @wrk2cruise. Both descriptions sound different, but maybe I ask the most important question: Do you hear the persons in the cabin next to you or is the experience like in every "regular" cabin?

I love the silence and also don't want to bother anyone while being on conference calls 😄

PS: In "regular" cabins I had one negative experience with a person in another cabin coughing very loud the whole night. On all other cruises I never heard anyone.

I was going by the deck plan for your ship. https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-ships/celebrity-eclipse

Just go to deck 10 and look at 1200 and you will see how it connects to 1198, which is an S1 (Sky Suite).

I wouldn't expect it to be really noisy with both inside doors closed toward each other, however we have not experienced this, yet. We have a connecting stateroom (S1) on the Eclipse (7356) which connects with 7358, a Sunset Veranda. Hopefully your cruise will be before ours (August 18 - Vancouver) and you can tell how it was for you.

We were on the Reflection summer before last and had the sunset veranda next to the corner suite. Like another has said you use you card to go through an outer door then again to get into your room. No connecting door between the cabins themselves. On our cruise it was very quiet. In fact the whole aft area was quiet. We never saw our neighbors but this may not always be the case but this could be the same wherever you are situated.

1 hour ago, K12Guy said:

I was going by the deck plan for your ship. https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-ships/celebrity-eclipse

Just go to deck 10 and look at 1200 and you will see how it connects to 1198, which is an S1 (Sky Suite).

I wouldn't expect it to be really noisy with both inside doors closed toward each other, however we have not experienced this, yet. We have a connecting stateroom (S1) on the Eclipse (7356) which connects with 7358, a Sunset Veranda. Hopefully your cruise will be before ours (August 18 - Vancouver) and you can tell how it was for you.

The deck plan is misleading. It looks like the cabins connect through the wall, but that is incorrect. As previously mentioned, there is an outer door leading to a vestibule, with a door to an S1 and and a separate door to a sunset veranda cabin. We have stayed in such an S1 many times. The vestibule is quite spacious, with wasted space. I guess it is useful for assistive devices such as wheelchairs or scooters.

It’s annoying to have to unlock both doors. We sometimes prop open the outer door when expecting guests. There is no doorbell at the outside door.

The cabin is very quiet. We have never heard the neighbors next door.

5 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

It's actually  not what's pictured here for a standard cabin.  It's more like a private hallway shared by 2 cabins with their own door.  There is a locked door to get into the private hallway (vestibule).   If the 2 cabins are not occupied by a group sometimes they leave the door to the hallway open but most times you need to use your seapass card to open the hallway then again for your cabin.  Have stayed in corner aft S1 suites multiple times and always the same.

No door interior to the cabin.

Interesting. We have a 'connected' stateroom for our August sailing.

55 minutes ago, K12Guy said:

Interesting. We have a 'connected' stateroom for our August sailing.

I am not sure what you mean by this statement, but as all of us that have previously stayed in those cabins many times, it is not really connected and the ship diagram is incorrect.  It is very nice and private.

i agree with emairs that it is a slight inconvenience especially if you have guests visiting.  

Just now, jagoffee said:

I am not sure what you mean by this statement, but as all of us that have previously stayed in those cabins many times, it is not really connected and the ship diagram is incorrect.  It is very nice and private.

i agree with emairs that it is a slight inconvenience especially if you have guests visiting.  

Nothing really meant. I was going by the deck plans and don't recall how the staterooms are accessed, thus your comment was interesting to me. Since we will be sailing with 'connecting' (or not) staterooms in August I guess I will find out then how access is handled. Nothing negative meant. Simply interesting.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I'm back from the cruise and absolutely loved the cabin.

Yes, there was an extra door and small corridor. The cabin was very private and silent. 

IMG_1294.jpg

IMG_1303.jpg

Edited by swoonx
  • Like 1

We have 2 aft cabins next to each other.  (sunset veranda).  Will we be able to 'open' our balconies.

On 1/25/2019 at 3:20 PM, K12Guy said:

There is one inside door connecting to 1198. One door inside each stateroom and they have to both be unlocked from inside each room to make them 'connecting' entries. So, 1198 can't unlock and get into your room, nor can you (1200) get into 1198 without them unlocking their door. There is no outside connecting door, that I know of. However. the partition between the verandas can be unlocked to 'share' the veranda, for those traveling with each other in the two staterooms. I hope this makes sense.

So if we have 2 aft cabins (sunset veranda) next to each other we can 'open' the verandas between our 2 cabins?

Yes, you (=your stateroom attendant) can do this. But I think this is possible for all balcony cabins (on S class ships) because all the separations can be folded.

Edited by swoonx

On 3/10/2019 at 6:23 AM, itsanita said:

We have 2 aft cabins next to each other.  (sunset veranda).  Will we be able to 'open' our balconies.

So if we have 2 aft cabins (sunset veranda) next to each other we can 'open' the verandas between our 2 cabins?

It's my understanding that all barriers between stateroom verandas can be opened so that adjoining rooms can be accessed. And, it makes the veranda much bigger, as well. Not much privacy, however. That may play into your decision. 🙂

Thanks, we were told they connect when we booked, but I had read on theses boards that those cabins did not have connecting balconies.  It makes for great cocktail hours when they can be opened!! 

1 hour ago, itsanita said:

Thanks, we were told they connect when we booked, but I had read on theses boards that those cabins did not have connecting balconies.  It makes for great cocktail hours when they can be opened!! 

Yes, they can definitely be opened.  We have sailed Eclipse and Equinox in the past couple of years and had 3 aft cabins side by side.  Very nice to have the partitions opened!