Tapas Corner

Xrayal

I took my first Celebrity cruise on Constellation in October 2017.  One of our favourite venues on the ship was the sunset bar.  Every evening at 5:30pm they hosted what they called 'Tapas Corner' and it was listed in the Celebrity Today as a food and beverage event at the sunset bar.  The Oceanview buffet brought out two tables with tapas.  Each evening we'd go to the bar, get some wine and some tapas and take in the view before getting ready for the evening.  It was one of the things I really enjoyed about Celebrity and assumed it was a standard feature.

So when I boarded Celebrity Reflection in November 2018 I was very excited about the return of Tapas Corner but there was no mention of it!  Moreover in the buffet they hardly ever had whole olives (that I could see).

So my question to experienced Celebrity cruisers is - did I just imagine Tapas Corner!?  Has anyone else experienced it?  Is it just one of the magical features that come with sailing on Connie?

Have done 23 cruises on 7 of the 10, including 4 on the Constellation and never saw or heard of a Tapas corner.  Have had a couple of White Night parties, wine & cheese on the lawn for sail-away,  special buffet at the pool, theme days at the buffet.  As Wino said each ship does it own thing.

Thanks for the replies, it's interesting to know each ship can do their own thing.  Although I'm surprised some experienced Celebrity sailors here haven't heard of it.  It wasn't particularly a disappointment on Reflection, the sunset bar turned out to be a poor area anyway because of the constant cigar smoking.  We got wine and cheese and sat on the lawn at lawn club anyway as that was a new feature for us.  Other than themed buffet nights I didn't notice any other special offerings, although we did go to Taj Mahal at Sushi on 5 which was excellent.

I also wonder if this is linked to the location of the ship.  On Constellation we sailed in the Mediterranean whereas on Reflection we were in Central and South America.

We're on Infinity in June, again in the Mediterranean.  Maybe I'll see it again or something else, each cruise is always different.

I wish I'd kept a copy of the Celebrity Today, surely I didn't dream this!

Edited by Xrayal

35 minutes ago, Xrayal said:

I also wonder if this is linked to the location of the ship.  On Constellation we sailed in the Mediterranean whereas on Reflection we were in Central and South America.

We're on Infinity in June, again in the Mediterranean.  Maybe I'll see it again or something else, each cruise is always different.

I wish I'd kept a copy of the Celebrity Today, surely I didn't dream this!

We were on Solstice during an AUS/NZ cruise.  In one port they brought on fresh fish to be served for dinner in the buffet.  We missed it.  After that, we always looked to see what was offered as we had late seating in the dining room.  On one night they had whole ribeyes and filets and sliced up a piece, the size you wanted, and put it on the grill.  All this was for dinner at the Oceanview Cafe.  

On the M-Class ships like Constellation, they had something different in the evening at the back of the ship grill.

9 hours ago, Xrayal said:

I took my first Celebrity cruise on Constellation in October 2017.  One of our favourite venues on the ship was the sunset bar.  Every evening at 5:30pm they hosted what they called 'Tapas Corner' and it was listed in the Celebrity Today as a food and beverage event at the sunset bar.  The Oceanview buffet brought out two tables with tapas.  Each evening we'd go to the bar, get some wine and some tapas and take in the view before getting ready for the evening.  It was one of the things I really enjoyed about Celebrity and assumed it was a standard feature.

So when I boarded Celebrity Reflection in November 2018 I was very excited about the return of Tapas Corner but there was no mention of it!  Moreover in the buffet they hardly ever had whole olives (that I could see).

So my question to experienced Celebrity cruisers is - did I just imagine Tapas Corner!?  Has anyone else experienced it?  Is it just one of the magical features that come with sailing on Connie?

Different but sounds nice. Possibly ship specific. We never seen it as we are always in the lounge at 5:00 PM during the CC HH enjoying drinks and snacks. 

Which cruise were you on in October 2017on Constellation ?  We did Barcelona to Rome and I think it left about 6th October. On the Livorno port day we did an excursion to Florence and when we got back to the ship we had a glass of wine and some snacks at the bar outside the buffet. The buffet was closed at this time for the short period before dinner. We weren’t there again at this time so don’t know if it was every night but at least now you know you definitely weren't imagining it. 

When we were on Infinity in California we never saw it. Going on Infinity in the Med this year so will look out for it.