Allure Live, January 27 to February 3. - Where my Beaches At?

A&L_Ont

Andrew, thank you so much for another awesome review. I was sharing the handbag cake pictures with my teenage girls when they asked who your genie was (we’ve only done star class once).  When I told them Charlie they were insanely jealous as they had him in the teen center a few years ago before he became a genie and they still talk about how awesome he was! Can’t wait for your next one. Safe travels!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CruisingHusker said:

Andrew, thank you so much for another awesome review. I was sharing the handbag cake pictures with my teenage girls when they asked who your genie was (we’ve only done star class once).  When I told them Charlie they were insanely jealous as they had him in the teen center a few years ago before he became a genie and they still talk about how awesome he was! Can’t wait for your next one. Safe travels!

Your girls are right. He is an amazing individual. 

• Like 1

Charlie was our Genie in September in a RLS. A really thoughtful, sweet guy and the best part of our cruise on the Allure.  Thanks for another great trip report. 

Edited by DCT61
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Pratique said:

Based on our experience the flat rate to the airport is about the same as the metered rate would have been, give or take a few dollars.

We didn’t mind the flat rate. Keeps the driver on the fastest and honest route. 😉

• Like 1

On 1/31/2019 at 3:46 PM, A&L_Ont said:

Lisa is reading away while I’m posting. She has read 2 books and has almost watched the entire first season of Orange is the New Black since we left home. I’ve has some email from work, but it’s expected. 

One flowirder is still down so Im watching the world go by while I’m enjoying our afternoon drink. We found out the name. It’s a Bay Breeze. 

Cheers to all all of you at work, or freezing your butts, or both at the same time. 

B691F87C-2F6C-4A2A-A129-3A23F270FB3C.thumb.jpeg.e0cb25386765bc2b23daa7741d47a31c.jpeg

You mentioned a drinks cart coming by your Suite. Was this because you are star class? We have a CLS for an upcoming cruise, but Sky class. Can we expect an afternoon drink?

11 minutes ago, MalteseMama2 said:

You mentioned a drinks cart coming by your Suite. Was this because you are star class? We have a CLS for an upcoming cruise, but Sky class. Can we expect an afternoon drink?

Only for Star. We missed it on the last day as we were at the beach pool. 

Regretfully if you would like a drink in your cabin in the afternoon you will need to bribe your better half. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Only for Star. We missed it on the last day as we were at the beach pool. 

Regretfully if you would like a drink in your cabin in the afternoon you will need to bribe your better half. 

I thought it might be that way. We will be close enough to the suite lounge that it won’t be a problem to just go there! Our next cruise on Harmony we have an Aqua Theatre Suite. Had that in Dec and it was fantastic, but a LONG walk!

Ive enjoyed reading your review. 

Safe travels home!

• Like 1

On 1/26/2019 at 9:44 AM, A&L_Ont said:

Glad to report that US Customs in Toronto was smooth sailing. Having Global Entry/Nexus sure helps. 

7ACC025F-E134-4B64-B154-263E36C14228.thumb.jpeg.86bc0c449e0f7fe981d61bc1ca3ba227.jpeg

How quick was Nexus at the Toronto airport.  We have had Nexus now for a year and only used it to drive across the border (was great).  We fly in March from Toronto and got the retina scans done over the Christmas break.  How long did the check-in process take you using Nexus?  Do you know if the Nexus area is applicable 24 hours per day?  We fly at 6:15 am, so I do not know if it will even be open.  We crossed from Maine into N.B. this summer and the Nexus lane was only open a few hours per day (not when we crossed), so we had to wait an hour in the regular line.

By the way, hope your cruise was fantastic (I have just started reading this thread).

5 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

How quick was Nexus at the Toronto airport.  We have had Nexus now for a year and only used it to drive across the border (was great).  We fly in March from Toronto and got the retina scans done over the Christmas break.  How long did the check-in process take you using Nexus?  Do you know if the Nexus area is applicable 24 hours per day?  We fly at 6:15 am, so I do not know if it will even be open.  We crossed from Maine into N.B. this summer and the Nexus lane was only open a few hours per day (not when we crossed), so we had to wait an hour in the regular line.

By the way, hope your cruise was fantastic (I have just started reading this thread).

I was through US departures using NEXUS last Tuesday- unusually the immigration officer did ask questions of all (for me it was just did I have food or alcohol). But all told to get through security and immigration it was about 10 minutes. Lines in the regular area were so long that they held some flights. Totally worth having NEXUS. I believe that it is open all the time as we were through there around 6:15 am.

• Like 1

Home, with the feet up. Second load of laundry in, mail sorted and hanging with Owen. Lucy even strolled over to see us. 

A few pics from the flight. 

65880626-70C3-419D-9BF1-7F3D9FC41D68.thumb.jpeg.1e26adad36e46ed664309aa670987dda.jpeg

2C0846C9-EEA3-4740-9080-6F671BFB43DD.thumb.jpeg.73a816ae4ab93530a87902ee0ebb204f.jpeg

42693252-B62F-45FF-B734-6094F87AF8F7.thumb.jpeg.7fa650ddff69400972bc1de2f3e6b50c.jpeg

Lake Erie is partially frozen over. 

04E19EF0-F60D-486A-AA91-59C55F917D88.thumb.jpeg.5fd568c28299fb786b827ad6e75ed96e.jpeg

• Like 2

Someone asked about Allure’s relocation back to Fort Lauderdale.  As near as they figure, embarkation will be the regular 11am and that the rooms would be the same 1pm. 

If I was headed to the port on that specific day for Allure I’d aim to be there around 10:30, figuring the ship could be ready early for embarkation.  I might tend to think that cabins could be open early as well.

If I had to guess, once they get everyone off in Miami it’s get the ship ready to sail for the next day and crew party that night.  All that being said they could have USCG inspection that day, so you never just know. Also that is speculation in February and May is a while away. 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, KiwiGal117 said:

I was through US departures using NEXUS last Tuesday- unusually the immigration officer did ask questions of all (for me it was just did I have food or alcohol). But all told to get through security and immigration it was about 10 minutes. Lines in the regular area were so long that they held some flights. Totally worth having NEXUS. I believe that it is open all the time as we were through there around 6:15 am.

Russ this sounds like more than I know. We went through at 10am. I’d say check out the Toronto Pearson website relating to Nexus and see what they say. The other website that could help with clarification for hours in Toronto could be CBSA.  

Safe travels and have an amazing March break. 

Gosh Andy, looks like I missed an entire cruise for the last week.  Being in the LP (propane), business I have been extremely busy these last 10 days.  Just saw your latest adventure.  Looks like I have 25 pages to catch up on.  Looking forward to it with a few comments, I'm sure.  Regards, Gerry.

• Like 1