Cancellation of Tour Excursions

johnnydeo

Independent companies will have their own terms, based on options an email via the internet lab onboard may be an option at NCL rates. 

You're highlighting a reason to book with the cruise line. You have to balance the cost savings with ease, risk associated with cancellations,  etc.

I have not booked 3rd party excursions.  I either book with the cruise or do enough research to know what to do own my own. All of my cruises have been Caribbean. 

Edited by Nola26
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, johnnydeo said:

I know it's much cheaper to book an excursion with a reputable tour company but how do I cancel if weather is scheduled too be bad...as my cellphone doesn't have international service?

Have you already pre-paid for the excursion? Some don't require payment until you show up. Just don't show up if you haven't pre-paid.

Edited by tallnthensome

That is a concern to think of when booking excursions yourself.

I am going to Alaska and thus will have cell phone service. I also feel much more comfortable booking excursions myself in the U.S.

I would not feel the same way in another country and thus for future cruises I would be booking with the cruise.

1 hour ago, tallnthensome said:

Have you already pre-paid for the excursion? Some don't require payment until you show up. Just don't show up if you haven't pre-paid.

Please CANCEL if you know you won't be joining, especially if the tour/excursion is "full".

There may be others waiting to hear of someone cancelling.

We've always been able to contact tour/excursion vendors by email.  Even if you don't have an onboard internet account, perhaps someone else would let you send one message (especially if they've got the unlimited package).

Thank you.

GC

2 minutes ago, zqvol said:

If you have an iPhone and an Internet package you make a VOIP call fom the ship just like you are at home. Turn off cell service and call using wi-fi.

You have to have the most expensive Unlimited Premium WiFi service to VOIP.