Carnival Cabin TV Channels

winddawn

Just got off the Horizon on Sunday and the new TV lineup is horrible.  CBSN looped throughout the day and the other channels played the same program over and over.  We had bad weather and I caught up on the free on demand movies.  The only decent thing on TV.

I wasn't a fan of the network channels half the time anyhow. It was all based out of a Denver or Miami affiliate so it was all about traffic updates in Denver due to snow storms while the ship was in Barbados. 

As long as the adult PPV is an option, I have something to watch while getting ready for formal night 🙂

Edited by ElCrappyTan

On 1/30/2019 at 3:25 PM, Saint Greg said:

Do we know what the TBD channels are yet? Or do we just have two less channels?

I'm not sure if this is going to be one of the channels or if it's just a menu-based option, but I have heard multiple rumors over the past few months that CCL is looking to bring it's television options more in line in what you see in many hotels now days. Large selection of movies (adult and theatre-just released options), music options, etc. Of course, it's all additional revenues...

46 minutes ago, Lottacruises said:

The channels suck now more than they did before. They repeat the same shows over and over. No commercials though. They really don't want you to watch tv.

I'm just going to download some stuff before my next cruise so I don't even have to worry about it.

33 minutes ago, Lottacruises said:

I understand your sarcasm,  that being said the bow cam was turned off at night and replaced with one of those beach scenes. 

I really had a problem viewing the bow cam at night , you can't see nothing at all . The beach scenes are much better 😉.

10 hours ago, Lottacruises said:

I understand your sarcasm,  that being said the bow cam was turned off at night and replaced with one of those beach scenes. 

And here i thought I was going to put one over on you.  Actually only partial sarcasm, CNN sucks.

On 2/1/2019 at 1:31 PM, ElCrappyTan said:

CCL is looking to bring it's television options more in line in what you see in many hotels now days.

Apparently you don't go to hotels very often. Hotels we stay in have no less than 50 channels. 

22 hours ago, coevan said:

Apparently you don't go to hotels very often. Hotels we stay in have no less than 50 channels. 

I'm not talking about the number of channels - I'm talking about the additional features. Click menu on your remote and 100 just released PPV movies are available. Games, music, order room service through the remote, etc.

On 1/29/2019 at 5:41 PM, ccruisequeen said:

In December, they had CNN (USA, INTERNATIONAL, AND SPANISH), HEADLINE NEWS, TCM, and several sports and kids channels

😀Well in January on the Vista there was none of that.  There was a channel called Spydar and the mouth never matched the words coming out on any show.  There were mostly Carnival channels, a couple of kids channels, HGTV, Food Network and sadly no more movie channel.  If you wanted to watch a movie in the cabin, you had to pay.  The shows on HGTV were run over and over and over ad nauseum.  Worst TV on any ship we have ever been on.

On 2/2/2019 at 10:14 PM, BoDidly said:

I really had a problem viewing the bow cam at night , you can't see nothing at all . The beach scenes are much better 😉.

Sometimes when I am in an interior I like the dark bow cam and how it turns to light.

I would stare at the carpet before watching CNN or most any news channel for that matter.

I do love those beach scenes also.