Ate at Wonderland tonight. Not impressed.

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I'd agree with you on both counts.  I only like CK fir breakfast and lunch.  Filet night is good, and maybe lamb chobs night.

We go to costal on lobster night, for the scallops.... They are excellent. I might try costal on lamb chop night, I love the lamb chops at Jamie's. 

Thanks for the review. I'm not impressed with any of the specialty restaurant menus on Anthem

but were plan on going to Wonderland for DW's 50th only because my son wants to go again. He enjoyed it when he was on Anthem 2yrs ago. I imagine that it's a one and done venue like the experience that we had in Qsine on Celebrity. 

45 minutes ago, tennislvr8 said:

We go to costal on lobster night, for the scallops.... They are excellent. I might try costal on lamb chop night, I love the lamb chops at Jamie's. 

I think lobster and lamb chop is same night

IMAG7523_1.jpg

I'm also in the camp that wasn't impressed with the food at Wonderland.  I ate there on the Quantum because my friend really wanted to try it so I went along. It was okay. I appreciated the kind of quirky atmosphere. I have a seafood allergy and I don't eat pork so I found the menu was pretty limited for me, and while I appreciated the imaginative platings I just didn't find that the food I had justified the expense.

I would completely agree with you strangely enough. We are huge foodies and love trying anything and everything.  We enjoyed the entire experience, and would definitely do it again.  However the actual flavor of the food was just not good.  It's funny, my husband almost vomited after eating some sort of clear tomato soup in a vial, with things floating in it.  He was just so grossed out by it that he couldn't get past it, and I"m lucky he could even sit there to finish the meal.  But the main courses were definitely the most bland and flavorless dishes we had all week.  The food was interesting LOOKING but not interesting tasting.  

Edited by jetta8300
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, jetta8300 said:

I would completely agree with you strangely enough. We are huge foodies and love trying anything and everything.  We enjoyed the entire experience, and would definitely do it again.  However the actual flavor of the food was just not good.  It's funny, my husband almost vomited after eating some sort of clear tomato soup in a vial, with things floating in it.  He was just so grossed out by it that he couldn't get past it, and I"m lucky he could even sit there to finish the meal.  But the main courses were definitely the most bland and flavorless dishes we had all week.  The food was interesting LOOKING but not interesting tasting.  

LOL omg, that’s funny. Not that I want your husband to throw up, but I totally understand that happening. There’s something about that particular “dish” that was off putting. We actually got a call from them asking us what we thought of the flavor of the food so I was honest with them. 

• Haha 1

On 1/28/2019 at 10:56 PM, knots4crewzing said:

Loved Wonderland on Oasis and Allure  Can't wait for Symphony to go again!!  It's unique and so fun.  The ambiance is so pretty!!

Liz💐

There is no Wonderland on Oasis or Allure 🤔

We did Wonderland on Harmony. Definitely not an intimate experience. You are right next to your neighbor. 

Like others have said, the presentation and experience were fun, but we also did not think that the food was the best. It was a one and done for us.

I also agree about CK. The last time we were in a suite, I was trying to convince my DH to please go to the MDR some nights because they just don’t have a great selection in CK, especially if you have eaten there before. Don’t get me wrong, the food is good, just sometimes the MDR has things that I knew that I liked.

Wondeland is very much love or hate because of what it is...

I enjoyed it on the Anthem but the food itself wasn't always to my taste, I just appreciated the creativity and presentation.   If those are things you find interesting and/or you are experimental, you will probably enjoy it.

If however, you are looking for a traditional fine dining type experience (and many are) you will probably be disappointed...

2 hours ago, Loonbeam said:

Wondeland is very much love or hate because of what it is...

I enjoyed it on the Anthem but the food itself wasn't always to my taste, I just appreciated the creativity and presentation.   If those are things you find interesting and/or you are experimental, you will probably enjoy it.

If however, you are looking for a traditional fine dining type experience (and many are) you will probably be disappointed...

I have to disagree a bit here...I had some of the same feelings as the OP.   Like I posted above, we didn't love or hate it.  We were just expecting the food to taste as interesting as it looked, and it didn't.  I don't think anyone walking in would  expect a "traditional" fine dining experience.  We sure didn't, but we are very adventurous eaters.  And I think the whole point of the post is that one would expect something unique, interesting, and flavorful from a restaurant like this.  And our main entrees had less flavor than some of the poorer dishes in the MDR.  They were truly flavorless.

If I went back, I would not let the server choose our dishes.  He said they typically ask for dietary preferences and then bring out their favorites.  I wouldn't do that again, and I would choose myself...maybe things would be better.  But I believe we had the fish in paper, which tasted like a steamed weight watchers, TV dinner.  And my husband had a very traditional, bland underseasoned chicken dish.  I'm sure we'll try it again on our next cruise, and we will steer clear of those dishes and choose everything ourselves.

Edited by jetta8300

21 hours ago, jetta8300 said:

I have to disagree a bit here...I had some of the same feelings as the OP.   Like I posted above, we didn't love or hate it.  We were just expecting the food to taste as interesting as it looked, and it didn't.  I don't think anyone walking in would  expect a "traditional" fine dining experience.  We sure didn't, but we are very adventurous eaters.  And I think the whole point of the post is that one would expect something unique, interesting, and flavorful from a restaurant like this.  And our main entrees had less flavor than some of the poorer dishes in the MDR.  They were truly flavorless.

If I went back, I would not let the server choose our dishes.  He said they typically ask for dietary preferences and then bring out their favorites.  I wouldn't do that again, and I would choose myself...maybe things would be better.  But I believe we had the fish in paper, which tasted like a steamed weight watchers, TV dinner.  And my husband had a very traditional, bland underseasoned chicken dish.  I'm sure we'll try it again on our next cruise, and we will steer clear of those dishes and choose everything ourselves.

Fair enough.   We had the server select too, and for us it seemed to be more of an issue of flavor profile than preparation (i.e. everything was prepared fine, just not always to our taste).  

That said, any venue is only as good as the current chef staff, so hopefully they will rotate out to a better one.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got off Anthem and eating at Wonderland was a highlight of the trip. Preparation and flavor variety was a bit uneven but the branzino and the terroir of beef were both superb - probably the best dishes of the four speciality restaurants we tried. Also, if you thought the dish with the savory sherbet was not flavorful, you have far more exotic tastes than we do...