Celebrity Cruise Insurance

charlielinda

We have just made final payment on our long awaited TA in April.  This week my mom was moved into a nursing home and hospice care.  We are afraid that we may not won’t be able to take our cruise because of this.  I’m not able to reach my travel agent for a day and wondered if anyone knew how this would work.  We would be happy to bank the money with Celebrity for s future cruise also.  Thoughts!

Did you purchase the insurance already?  If not, it is probably too late to do it now because of pre existing conditions.

If you have insurance check the policy to see if this is a covered reason to cancel.  If it is you would get your cruise fare refunded.  If not, I think they still offer a cancel for any reason clause that gives you 75% back towards a future cruise.

If you have bought Celebrity's travel insurance, this is probably a covered reason for cancelling. Years ago we were in a similar situation and there was no problem collecting the in full amount of the cruise. You will need a statement from her doctor as to why you should not be away from her at the time of your cruise. If you have not bought insurance, as the above noted, it is too late now. 

I had to cancel a cruise in 2010 due to my Mom's sickness and demise.  It was after final payment and I could not cancel.  At that time Celebrity had a policy that if you didn't have insurance you could reschedule the cruise in the future for something like a 3/4 credit.    I had the trip insurance and it paid in full, however, I didn't get insurance for the airfare, which was separate and I lost  that.

Worst case, if you booked a 5 days or longer cruise on or after April 16, 2018, I believe you have about 15 days following the final payment date to cancel and only lose your deposit. For less than 5 days, I believe it is only about 14 days,

If you booked prior to April 16th and your cruise is 5 days or longer, then you have about 33 days.