Live from the Regal 1/27 to 2/3

FOXYDEBBY

Getting to the port:

Palm Beach County was pounded with torrential downpours. On our way to Port Everglades, we passed 10 accidents on a 25 mile stretch of I95. Hopefully no one was hurt to badly. We made it to Park N Go in one piece.

Embarkation:

This was the best we have ever experienced. We got to the terminal at 1045. We were ocean ready (but had to pick up medallions at the desk) so we were sent right to priority check in. We were handed our cards and medallions and sent right on board. We were on the lido deck by 1115. 

Just a bit of background. My husband and I  are Platinum (well, he made it 🙂) and are late 40s and early 50s. Kids stayed home this trip (Did you hear that? I was shouting with joy). This is a much needed alone time trip. 

We ate ate on the Lido deck. Definitely look at the Horizon Court and Bistro before you decide what to eat. Every time we turned a corner there was even more food we wanted to try. Not enough room in our bellies to eat it all. 

After eating we we went to our cabin which was ready at 12. Yay! We have an aft balcony and it is absolutely the nicest cabin we have had. Didn’t notice a soot problem. This cabin has the connecting door open and it turns into an extended balcony as there is no room there. I’ll post pictures at the end. Enough room for the two of us. Cabin is B738. 

We we went to the Internet cafe to get unlimited internet. For platinum members it is like 52.40. Once I figured out how to get on it works quite well. Faster than my internet at home. (If switching devices, you have to go to logout.com and login.com on new device). 

Sail away was moved to the Piazza on deck 5 because of the weather. Some great dancers were there. 

We actually skipped the MDR for the first time in many years to eat at the buffet. They had the Mongolian Wok which is my husbands favorite. Thank goodness we went because the next time they are having it is 2nd formal night and he wants the lobster in the MDR. (1st seating in Allegro MDR is 5:30)

We saw Born to Dance in the Princess Theater. At 7:30 the theater was packed!!! My husband didn’t like it because he didn’t know any of the songs/shows but I enjoyed it. I must say the average age is retirement age, maybe mid 60s or 70s. Works for me as there are no drunk idiots running around (I have been on one too many carnival 3 day cruises). I love the sedate polite people here. 

The staff has has been wonderful, all smiling and helpful. 

Day 2

weather still overcast and we made it to Princess Cay but the captain decided not to stay for passenger safety. 2 meter swells and 50 knot winds. Boat is rocking!! Ok with me. Hubby and I hit the hot tub and met people from Connecticut and Ohio. 

Will br going to lunch and will post more later. Let me know if you have questions while I am onboard. 

Thanks for the update, fellow Floridian! I was thinking yesterday about the Regal and sailaway. The weather was just awful. Today isn't much better, overcast, windy and chilly. I know you probably don't mind missing Princess Cays nor would I (here in the land of perpetual summer) but I'm sure there are a lot of disappointed folks onboard. I hope the weather improves as your journey continues.

If you happen to eat in the MDR can you check to see if they have implemented their new menu launch? They are supposed to have revamped the menus, adding some new and improved dishes.

We prepaid for our internet at $59.99 - I'm not sure if I should cancel it and buy it onboard. It may not be worth the extra effort just to save the $7.59.

Looking forward to seeing your photos especially of your cabin. Can you please report back if you experience major soot issues? We also are in an aft but on Dolphin.

Thanks again!

2 hours ago, FOXYDEBBY said:

Getting to the port:

Palm Beach County was pounded with torrential downpours. On our way to Port Everglades, we passed 10 accidents on a 25 mile stretch of I95. Hopefully no one was hurt to badly. We made it to Park N Go in one piece.

Embarkation:

This was the best we have ever experienced. We got to the terminal at 1045. We were ocean ready (but had to pick up medallions at the desk) so we were sent right to priority check in. We were handed our cards and medallions and sent right on board. We were on the lido deck by 1115. 

Just a bit of background. My husband and I  are Platinum (well, he made it 🙂) and are late 40s and early 50s. Kids stayed home this trip (Did you hear that? I was shouting with joy). This is a much needed alone time trip. 

We ate ate on the Lido deck. Definitely look at the Horizon Court and Bistro before you decide what to eat. Every time we turned a corner there was even more food we wanted to try. Not enough room in our bellies to eat it all. 

After eating we we went to our cabin which was ready at 12. Yay! We have an aft balcony and it is absolutely the nicest cabin we have had. Didn’t notice a soot problem. This cabin has the connecting door open and it turns into an extended balcony as there is no room there. I’ll post pictures at the end. Enough room for the two of us. Cabin is B738. 

We we went to the Internet cafe to get unlimited internet. For platinum members it is like 52.40. Once I figured out how to get on it works quite well. Faster than my internet at home. (If switching devices, you have to go to logout.com and login.com on new device). 

Sail away was moved to the Piazza on deck 5 because of the weather. Some great dancers were there. 

We actually skipped the MDR for the first time in many years to eat at the buffet. They had the Mongolian Wok which is my husbands favorite. Thank goodness we went because the next time they are having it is 2nd formal night and he wants the lobster in the MDR. (1st seating in Allegro MDR is 5:30)

We saw Born to Dance in the Princess Theater. At 7:30 the theater was packed!!! My husband didn’t like it because he didn’t know any of the songs/shows but I enjoyed it. I must say the average age is retirement age, maybe mid 60s or 70s. Works for me as there are no drunk idiots running around (I have been on one too many carnival 3 day cruises). I love the sedate polite people here. 

Day 2

weather still overcast and we made it to Princess Cay but the captain decided not to stay for passenger safety. 2 meter swells and 50 knot winds. Boat is rocking!! Ok with me. Hubby and I hit the hot tub and met people from Connecticut and Ohio. 

Will br going to lunch and will post more later. Let me know if you have questions while I am onboard. 

We are on this cruise. Note on internet...no need to logout on device.  When you login on you new device it automatically logs you out on the other device. Saw this on the demo on the TV.  

My medallion works fine, my wife’s doesn’t. Went to the booth on deck 6. They took hers last night and said they would send a new one to the cabin this morning. It hasn’t shown up yet. 

Agree everything going great so far. 

• Thanks 1

Can you tell me... who is the Head Chef food and beverage onboard now???

And, I hope your DH is aware of the changes in the 'lobster' served on the second formal night.

NOTE...  when we got home from our sailing,  I picked up a lobster tail from Public, for $6.00, that was SO much better!

I loved Born to Dance!

But, you are right, some knowledge and/or appreciation for this kind of thing might make a difference in how much they like it!

Edited by Wishing on a star

5 hours ago, FOXYDEBBY said:

Getting to the port:

Embarkation:

Day 2

Can I ask who the Captain and Hotel General Manager are?Thanks!

If you still have a copy of the Patter from your opening day that lists primary staff by position and MUTS / entertainment plan and food / formal plan for the week, could you please post an image or two?  Taking same cruise on next iteration on 10 Feb and just simply curious.  Thanks in advance!

I have included a photo of the ships officers. If you can’t read it let me know and I will type out their names. 

Havent been to MUTS due to the weather but they have shown The Greatest Showman and Mama Mia here we go again so far. This afternoon is Eddie the eagle but that may be an inside venue. I will try to photograph the patters later. I will also ask about the menu. I think they are still the old ones as I have seen them posted online. I will try to find out when the new ones will start. 

Day 2 cont.

Still having rough seas. Ate lunch twice lol. First at the buffet and then at the grill. Then I had dessert at the international cafe. Hey, don’t judge, it’s vacation lol. But I do try to take the stairs and since we are in an aft cabin, we are doing a TON of walking. 

We missed the comedian Steve. Went at 740 for the 8pm show and there was not one open seat!!! My husband and I ended up playing trivia where I did the worst I have ever done....3 out of 10 😳. Let’s chalk that up to not feeling well. Stopped at the buffet and my husband got some food and I got a slice of pizza. I must say Carnival has better pizza imo. 

We we went to bed at 9 and I fell asleep right away. The bedding is sooo comfy I am going to order it when I get home. 

Day 3:

calm seas and sun at last! Feeling much better today. The best place to eat is to go to the small area behind Horizon court at the aft. It is quiet and beautiful!!! After breakfast we played some shuffleboard and then sat at the retreat area. At 10 we went to our cruise critic meet and greet and got some neat medallion holders. 

Now at the runway fashion show. Will update later and try to add more pictures.

2870400F-CAC9-496D-BB4D-0759DC96B8B7.jpeg

1 hour ago, FOXYDEBBY said:

I have included a photo of the ships officers. If you can’t read it let me know and I will type out their names. 

Havent been to MUTS due to the weather but they have shown The Greatest Showman and Mama Mia here we go again so far. This afternoon is Eddie the eagle but that may be an inside venue. I will try to photograph the patters later. I will also ask about the menu. I think they are still the old ones as I have seen them posted online. I will try to find out when the new ones will start. 

Day 2 cont.

Still having rough seas. Ate lunch twice lol. First at the buffet and then at the grill. Then I had dessert at the international cafe. Hey, don’t judge, it’s vacation lol. But I do try to take the stairs and since we are in an aft cabin, we are doing a TON of walking. 

We missed the comedian Steve. Went at 740 for the 8pm show and there was not one open seat!!! My husband and I ended up playing trivia where I did the worst I have ever done....3 out of 10 😳. Let’s chalk that up to not feeling well. Stopped at the buffet and my husband got some food and I got a slice of pizza. I must say Carnival has better pizza imo. 

We we went to bed at 9 and I fell asleep right away. The bedding is sooo comfy I am going to order it when I get home. 

Day 3:

calm seas and sun at last! Feeling much better today. The best place to eat is to go to the small area behind Horizon court at the aft. It is quiet and beautiful!!! After breakfast we played some shuffleboard and then sat at the retreat area. At 10 we went to our cruise critic meet and greet and got some neat medallion holders. 

Now at the runway fashion show. Will update later and try to add more pictures.

2870400F-CAC9-496D-BB4D-0759DC96B8B7.jpeg

Thanks for the info!

On 1/28/2019 at 1:52 PM, hllwdcruiser said:

Thanks for the update, fellow Floridian! I was thinking yesterday about the Regal and sailaway. The weather was just awful. Today isn't much better, overcast, windy and chilly. I know you probably don't mind missing Princess Cays nor would I (here in the land of perpetual summer) but I'm sure there are a lot of disappointed folks onboard. I hope the weather improves as your journey continues.

If you happen to eat in the MDR can you check to see if they have implemented their new menu launch? They are supposed to have revamped the menus, adding some new and improved dishes.

We prepaid for our internet at $59.99 - I'm not sure if I should cancel it and buy it onboard. It may not be worth the extra effort just to save the $7.59.

Looking forward to seeing your photos especially of your cabin. Can you please report back if you experience major soot issues? We also are in an aft but on Dolphin.

Thanks again!

Thanks again!

Thanks again!

I asked about the menu. TThey didn’t know about it and I was told they go between two executive menu sets. But they are the same menus posted online in another post. 

So far, we have had no spot issues at all. The aft cabins on dolphin and Baja are the same I think. You are actually gonna love it!!!! Best cabin we have ever stayed in and balcony is the best.

F591FA69-67C5-4D21-AD39-6D9E68953030.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Dinner was fabulous tonight. Sorry, no pictures. I had beef tenderloin that was very yummy. My hubby had red snapper and garlic shrimp. Our table mates had lamb. Everyone enjoyed everything. Service was a bit slow tonight. We watched the champagne tower with the captain. 

MUTS movie is crazy rich Asians. 

Ill try to to post pictures as the signal is stronger on deck 16 then it is in the cabin. 

This is the extended part part of our balcony. The second picture is our balcony.F1A863C2-462A-486C-B0C1-AC9B322E7391.thumb.jpeg.38860426053777763f4fef1c20cfee13.jpegE21357E0-A328-4D7F-9FC1-F61E0AF412F0.thumb.jpeg.413fa4c4184e6a433ffb0222d247c615.jpegC6EC2D4D-8D2B-4601-A407-6576B96E6117.thumb.jpeg.44948a3d67ba3f18c0bcdab55c59c184.jpeg6A2F0905-D51B-444B-AC0C-7213467080CC.thumb.jpeg.06caa9184b86261561c12d6acb057814.jpegA3AF9781-2EB3-4171-84AD-289440D9AF42.thumb.jpeg.5158fb339d5d85925e5bf02ab8739182.jpegDE9BDC54-52FE-47EA-912A-CE84DBCA4688.thumb.jpeg.36f3f30b531584ef28f893a6ca8839ae.jpegC3851962-042F-4DF0-9612-EACA59DA4084.thumb.jpeg.aa7fa92a2d2a18f17d5b775fcfd98014.jpeg

9242BF3C-0B9D-444C-A3FF-175073D462C8.jpeg

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, adonisr said:

I have to ask - is that the room thermostat on the wall in the bathroom?

image.png.4d577920c716f7ba51d392c237b17a22.png

Lol. It is a thermostat but I think it’s not functional. It looks digital but it’s blank. There is a dial thermostat by the television.

1 minute ago, FOXYDEBBY said:

Lol. It is a thermostat but I think it’s not functional. It looks digital but it’s blank. There is a dial thermostat by the television.

The rectangular piece is the outlet with a flipdown plastic cover.  The circular piece?  I don't know.

2 hours ago, FOXYDEBBY said:

I asked about the menu. TThey didn’t know about it and I was told they go between two executive menu sets. But they are the same menus posted online in another post. 

So far, we have had no spot issues at all. The aft cabins on dolphin and Baja are the same I think. You are actually gonna love it!!!! Best cabin we have ever stayed in and balcony is the best.

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your cruise to research and report back to us. Your balcony looks fabulous and I am so happy you are not experiencing any soot. Recent threads have had me worried especially because I convinced two of our friends who are Princess newbies to get the cabin right next to us. I think I was more worried for them than for us.

Thanks, too,  for all the cabin photos and for the food reviews!

I'm so happy the weather cleared up for you. It did here as well, Started the day in long sleeves and a sweater and by mid afternoon I was sweltering. 

Edited by hllwdcruiser

10 hours ago, FOXYDEBBY said:

Hahahahaha.

I checked last night. Really looked at it. It’s not a thermostat. If you flip the top it’s an outlet. Lol. For you guys that need to charge those electric razors or tooth brushes. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, FOXYDEBBY said:

Hahahahaha.

I checked last night. Really looked at it. It’s not a thermostat. If you flip the top it’s an outlet. Lol. For you guys that need to charge those electric razors or tooth brushes. 

That makes more sense - :classic_biggrin:

I'm enjoying reading about your cruise.  My late DH and I were on the Regal last February - same itinerary as this.  I have friends on this cruise and can now tell them I know all about their cruise 😉. My son, granddaughter, her husband, my two great grandsons, and I (four generations) will be on the Regal on a Baltic cruise in July, 2019.  Looking forward to your next posting.

Edited by Jessejo
  • Like 1

51F8782A-0187-4D39-8410-4AA3B7E979FD.thumb.jpeg.c173c89b6845a7f897404707c17643f8.jpeg51F8782A-0187-4D39-8410-4AA3B7E979FD.thumb.jpeg.c173c89b6845a7f897404707c17643f8.jpegDay 4, Falmouth, Jamaica. Rained on and off all day, mostly on. We got off and walked around twice but it was cold. I didn’t mind getting wet though, just wished for a wee bit warmer weather. We left on time and I listened and finally heard the ships horn. HAH. Love the Love Boat theme song. Dinner service on day 3 was the first formal night and service was VERY slow. It improved by half an hour which was more acceptable. Tonight (day 5) is formal night again. 

Not much to report today. I usually run around and play trivia etc but I have mostly done relaxing this cruise. Movie tonight on MUTS is Bohemian Rhapsody and I have been looking forward to watching it but missed it. Went to the show, Fuego. EXCELLENT!!! They said tonight (day 5) is Beatlemaniacs. Heard they are not to be missed. Anywho, we got to the theater by 718 and it was packed for the 800 show. I advise you to go early! Went to liars club show. Very funny and quite entertaining. Then I went to bed and watched the end of Rich Crazy Asians in the room.

Day 5: We are anchored at Grand Cayman. It is beautiful out, praise God. No rain 😊.

I am not a breakfast eater but it has been very good. I am never hungry. Lol. I think I gained about 10 pounds already. The crew so far has been fabulous. So far, 4 other ships anchored here with us. Will report more later. 77B3CB17-9219-4391-BD7F-7F18D7D485A8.thumb.jpeg.f5563485400ddaf938a48f20940a7669.jpeg

Yesterday in Jamaica. We saw the beginnings of a water spout but it disintegrated. Those pics are up top

20655B4F-A441-49AA-BA6C-294426DBEE36.jpeg

7031836F-76E6-4DE7-9C0A-9069C9D499BE.jpeg

• Like 1