HARMONY SHOW RESERVATIONS FULL! HELP!

tewkewl

2 hours ago, katiel53 said:

OP  I think your anger over not being able to make reservations for the shows you want is basically your own fault for not booking sooner.

I wouldn’t bust the OP about booking sooner to be able to make reservations.   For people who have never sailed an Oasis Class ship before, it wouldn’t even dawn on them that you need to make show reservations.  Most people are use to early and late shows based on dining times.

I know I didn’t know about it the first time I sailed on Oasis, but I found out about it on the roll call.  Fortunately, I was far enough out to plan them all and get them booked.  Likewise, some friends of ours had booked Oasis and didn’t know about booking shows until we asked them if they made their reservations.

Hopefully OP will get to see some of the shows, and will know the next time they book one of the big ones.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, katiel53 said:

OP  I think your anger over not being able to make reservations for the shows you want is basically your own fault for not booking sooner.  It's kind of like wanting to go to a popular restaurant and deciding on Saturday afternoon  that you want reservations for that night.  Would you be upset that they were full or that reservations for that night were closed out?

I don't know how you decided to book this cruise, but a bit of research would certainly have helped.  Your suggestions for the shows wouldn't work because some people in the shows play more than one part and there aren't extra actors/actresses as understudies.  Although the entertainment is great, shows have been cancelled because of illness of one or two people in a show.  There is no second group of actors for a matinee such as may be off the ship.

I can't see how a ship the size of any Oasis class can just have people show up when they feel like it as the lines would be horrendous and I could see the reaction when 3000 people wanted to see a show the same night  and were all in line for a location that holds 200.  Additionally, the theater is not empty all week except for the show times.  There are events that take place there as well as other areas of the ship.

I hope that when you get onboard you will enjoy your cruise even though at this time it sure doesn't seem that you will. Harmony is a great ship and there is a lot to do/see onboard.  

Why is it my own fault. You as a frequent cruiser know this ins and outs. A lot of people aren't in that boat. Do you book a meal on an airplane months in advance? Or do you reserve your meals at an all inclusive months in advance? The answer is no. No you don't.  How am I or anyone else supposed to know that this ship requires this sort of thing? You can't know what you don't know.

Anyway, I hope you are right and I enjoy it.

2 minutes ago, tewkewl said:

Why is it my own fault. You as a frequent cruiser know this ins and outs. A lot of people aren't in that boat. Do you book a meal on an airplane months in advance? Or do you reserve your meals at an all inclusive months in advance? The answer is no. No you don't.  How am I or anyone else supposed to know that this ship requires this sort of thing? You can't know what you don't know.

Yes, i do make my airline meal choice about a month ahead. 

1 hour ago, tewkewl said:

I based my comment on your opening statement regarding booking shows and every freaking thing and the fact that you stated you only booked a month out.  I agree that I wouldn't book a meal six months out, but I would do research on anything that is going to cost me quite a bit of money.  I wouldn't just agree to pay for a new car, as an example, without getting as much info before the purchase as possible.  A simple google before booking your cruise, or a using a travel agent that has experience on Oasis class ships would be invaluable.  

Another thought is that somehow you found this site to complain, but had you found it before booking, (I know you may not have known about it and someone told you etc.) you would have gotten tons of info.  I realize we were all new at some point and each cruise line, ship is different and asking questions regarding your interests is worth the time/effort before booking.

If you had not called the booking of shows etc. idiotic and been so upset about that and stating you booked late, I think my reply to your post may have been different, albeit the same things would apply.  I have found that those who don't get what they want are more likely to call the cruise line idiotic, stupid etc. etc. etc.  I don't know you nor do I know how you speak, but as I said, my original post was in reply to what appeared, to me, to be a post of someone who didn't get his way and now is stomping his feet.  I doubt that was what you meant, but that's how it came across to me.

You can have a great time if you allow yourself to not think about all this.  You will learn a lot on your cruise and if you ever do book another cruise, at least you will know some questions that need to be answered.  Good luck.

On 1/30/2019 at 9:26 AM, tewkewl said:

Matinees are played by a different cast.  What's the problem?  This is how other Broadway shows function.

Excuse me? If there was a different cast for Matinees I think you would see a mutiny by the theater going public. While maybe you might see a stand in for one (maybe two parts) in a show not a whole new cast.

Harmony is a great ship and if you want the freedom of choosing what you want to do when you want to do it, you can. Just realize that you will be in the stand by line. You will need to be flexible. You will have a great time. Don't let this stress you out. As someone that enjoys knowing what I am going to be doing I love it. Recently on Explorer and Majesty it drove me nuts having to get there super early to see a show. To each there own.

Tewkewl, you can relax. If you really want to see a show you will be able to find a way. Don’t be afraid to ask and just enjoy the trip. If you don’t see something you thought you wanted, the great thing about a ship this size is that there are dozens of other things to do. Relax and have a great time. We booked late and can’t even get reservations for my time dining, but something tells me that if we are patient we will be fed. We may have to have a beverage or two while waiting, but I am pretty sure it won’t effect our cruise. 

5 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Yes, i do make my airline meal choice about a month ahead. 

And you are one of the few out if the  hundreds of millions of people who fly every year. but it's still it's nothing like checking reservations a month before a cruise and seeing everything is booked up.  From what I'm hearing on here people book 6 or 7 seven months out.

Anyway.  Most answers here we're not even addressing the original question.  Mostly they were assigning blame or defending Royal Caribbean.  I got a few real answers.  So that will suffice. 

56 minutes ago, tewkewl said:

And you are one of the few out if the  hundreds of millions of people who fly every year. but it's still it's nothing like checking reservations a month before a cruise and seeing everything is booked up.  From what I'm hearing on here people book 6 or 7 seven months out.

Anyway.  Most answers here we're not even addressing the original question.  Mostly they were assigning blame or defending Royal Caribbean.  I got a few real answers.  So that will suffice. 

We are already booked for Nov. 2020.  How could you ever book a cruise and not do a little research to find out what lies ahead.