Announcing New Online Check-In Enhancements!

BBMacLaird

25 minutes ago, Leo_On_Geo said:

Thanks,

that answers the question?  No more luggage tags will be mailed. 

This is a change for the worse.  I really liked having multiple tags on my luggage,  on more than one ocassion luggage tags were ripped off, so it is always safer to have two on each bag.  I also like the color luggage tags.   I do not have a color printer, so it will cost me $ plus a trip to Fed ex to get them printed. Not good.

Try printing at your local library, most will have computers for free and let you print for a tiny fee.  In my area it's only 20 cents a page. You still have to go, but not as pricey as FedEx.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Leo_On_Geo said:

Thanks,

This is a change for the worse.  I really liked having multiple tags on my luggage,  on more than one ocassion luggage tags were ripped off, so it is always safer to have two on each bag.  I also like the color luggage tags.   I do not have a color printer, so it will cost me $ plus a trip to Fed ex to get them printed. Not good.

I'm not thrilled about this either, but not really surprised since many already had to print their own.

Oh well, off to Amazon to order tag holders.

1 hour ago, bbqoug said:

I'm not thrilled about this either, but not really surprised since many already had to print their own.

Oh well, off to Amazon to order tag holders.

I have tag holders that fit the larger size Carnival tags (got them from Cruise Critic!). Will the Azamara tags fit those or do I need the narrower ones. 

Also all our suitcases have luggage ID tags we got from Viking. We love them because they are red and it makes picking our black suitcases out of a line up easier. Will they get people upset 😳. Do I have to dig out our older ones 😁

So glad to hear about the app!  I love having an app,  And the photo thing is great!  I can’t wait to try it all out!

15 minutes ago, Cyber Kat said:

I have tag holders that fit the larger size Carnival tags (got them from Cruise Critic!). Will the Azamara tags fit those or do I need the narrower ones. 

Also all our suitcases have luggage ID tags we got from Viking. We love them because they are red and it makes picking our black suitcases out of a line up easier. Will they get people upset 😳. Do I have to dig out our older ones 😁

So glad to hear about the app!  I love having an app,  And the photo thing is great!  I can’t wait to try it all out!

These are the ones I ordered that should work for Azamara https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E4SQNU4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm not sure if the ones for Carnival will work or not. Hopefully someone else will know.

In the UK we have had no luggage tags sent for a few years and honestly it’s no big deal and I’ve not known guests from the UK have any issues with their luggage because of this. 

I got the plastic holders from Amazon they are robust and there is then no issue if tags get wet and they cannot get torn either. 

Maybe if you haven’t a printer your travel agent would print them. Alternatively there’s no issue at all getting them tagged at the pier. I’ve had to do that once. It’s fine. 

7 hours ago, Lois R said:

I leave my phone in my cabin whenever I cruise so having an app for activities is of no use to me. I read they are doing the same thing on X's new ship, EDGE.  I realize I am in the minority but I have no desire to carry my phone around on the ship.

Glad this works for others though.

I think at the moment the app is mainly for use on the Pursuit where the TVs are not interactive, so don’t show things like menus and your account. You will be able to see these on the app, I think.

19 minutes ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

I think at the moment the app is mainly for use on the Pursuit where the TVs are not interactive, so don’t show things like menus and your account. You will be able to see these on the app, I think.

No I believe the app is a new enhancement similar to being trialled on Edge. It’s not available to all guests on Pursuit either

Edited by uktog

9 minutes ago, uktog said:

No I believe the app is a new enhancement similar to being trialled on Edge. It’s not available to all guests on Pursuit either

I’m sure it will eventually be used across all ships.  It’s in the App Store now. I downloaded it yesterday and it shows both my forthcoming cruises on it, but says that I can currently only see information about my November Pursuit cruise. That said, at the moment there is no information - when I click on my November cruise it says come back later for more detail.

As Bonnie said the online check in functionality only works after you’ve paid your final balance, which actually means after your agent has transferred it to the cruiseline which can be some time after you pay them.  

I would expect a lot of this app to be the same however rather than download, play and speculate more I will wait for Bonnie to fully share the news as she said she would.  Don’t want to steal the thunder on this one 😀

7 hours ago, bbqoug said:

These are the ones I ordered that should work for Azamara https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E4SQNU4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm not sure if the ones for Carnival will work or not. Hopefully someone else will know.

Thanks. I only have one of those. The larger ones might work, but I have time to order these from Amazon 

11 hours ago, Leo_On_Geo said:

Thanks, that answers the question?  No more luggage tags will be mailed. 

Hi Leo, having the luggage tags printed in color is not necessary on our end. As long as the baggage handlers can clearly see your cabin number. 

But if color is important to you I like the idea of using the local library printers.

Or here’s an out of the box idea, print them in b&w and have your grandchildren color them for you! 👧 👦  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BBMacLaird said:

Hi Leo, having the luggage tags printed in color is not necessary on our end. As long as the baggage handlers can clearly see your cabin number. 

But if color is important to you I like the idea of using the local library printers.

Or here’s an out of the box idea, print them in b&w and have your grandchildren color them for you! 👧 👦  

Just checked local libray color copies at $1 each Fed Ex is $.52. Don't have grandchildren.

Edited by Leo_On_Geo

11 minutes ago, Leo_On_Geo said:

Just checked local libray color copies at $1 each Fed Ex is $.52. Don't have grandchildren.

Sounds like FedEx is the better option then. If you call ahead to your local FedEx, they'll give you an email address where to mail your print job. Then it'll be ready for you when you arrive.

p.s. still, I'm sorry for what is an inconvenience.

15 hours ago, Leo_On_Geo said:

Thanks,

I just spoke to an Azamara rep( was trying to get on the wait list for a sold out excursion, they couldn't help with that) just out of curiosity I inquired about having luggage tags mailed to me.  The rep said if you call and request them they can be sent, she then asked for my address and said they would send them right out.  I know we don't need luggage tags, they can easily tag your bags at the pier, but I also prefer to have the printed colored tags.. The number I called was: 855-292-6272

I like the idea of the online app, but my concern is that I would be required to purchase WiFi on the ship to access my account through the app, because there is no access  through the television.  I hadn't really planned on purchasing WiFi, therefore the app would cause me to incur additional charges.

54 minutes ago, jj6961 said:

I just spoke to an Azamara rep( was trying to get on the wait list for a sold out excursion, they couldn't help with that) just out of curiosity I inquired about having luggage tags mailed to me.  The rep said if you call and request them they can be sent, she then asked for my address and said they would send them right out.  I know we don't need luggage tags, they can easily tag your bags at the pier, but I also prefer to have the printed colored tags.. The number I called was: 855-292-6272

Thanks!!!!!  I called  we'll see if they arrive.

35 minutes ago, AlbertasRose said:

I like the idea of the online app, but my concern is that I would be required to purchase WiFi on the ship to access my account through the app, because there is no access  through the television.  I hadn't really planned on purchasing WiFi, therefore the app would cause me to incur additional charges.

There are a number of web sites (e.g. AzamaraClubCruises.com) that can be accessed on board without paying for a wifi package.  Bonnie can tell us whether the Azamara app will access a free web site.

• Thanks 1

This is probably a silly question but how does one log off of this new app ? Had no problem signing up but have been unable to find a place to log off ? What am I mussing ?  Help please!

Sharon

4 hours ago, marinaro44 said:

There are a number of web sites (e.g. AzamaraClubCruises.com) that can be accessed on board without paying for a wifi package.  Bonnie can tell us whether the Azamara app will access a free web site.

Thanks, you are right marinaro44, We looked up the app on Google play and it says "No internet purchase required to use onboard". 

Edited by AlbertasRose

7 hours ago, munch1 said:

This is probably a silly question but how does one log off of this new app ? Had no problem signing up but have been unable to find a place to log off ? What am I mussing ?  Help please!

Sharon

1. Tap the person icon on the home screen, top right, to access your profile settings.
  2. Tap the settings icon to the right of your name (settings icon looks like a gear.)
  3. Scroll down the menu and tap “Sign Out”

8 hours ago, marinaro44 said:

Correct. The app uses ship’s WiFi for free.

5 hours ago, BBMacLaird said:
  1. Tap the person icon on the home screen, top right, to access your profile settings.
  2. Tap the settings icon to the right of your name (settings icon looks like a gear.)
  3. Scroll down the menu and tap “Sign Out”

There’s no person icon on the app I have. Maybe that’s because I haven’t paid my Pursuit cruise in full yet.

Edited by Host Grandma Cruising

3 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

There’s no person icon on the app I have. Maybe that’s because I haven’t paid my Pursuit cruise in full yet.

Mine opens to my booked cruises, just like logging in to the Azamara web site.  No person icon.  But only paid-for cruise is on Journey, and app doesn't yet include Journey.