Ruby Princess - Proposal

clippersfan101

33 minutes ago, clippersfan101 said:

I am looking for a quiet, (somewhat) private area for a proposal on the Ruby Princess - preferably on an outside deck/promenade deck. Recommendations? 

It's not private but... On deck 16, behind Share and Adagio, there is a public deck. Most people don't even know it exists. As mentioned above, during the "Balloon Drop Party" (or whatever it's called) the vast majority of passengers will either be there or doing some other thing and it's quite likely that area will be deserted. If it was me, that is where and when I would try to find a private place for a proposal.

Note: Full Disclosure...

I am totally bizarre so my advice might give one pause... I got engaged (and then married) when I was 17 years old. I was a kid and afraid and I "wrote" on my wife's leg with my finger "Will you marry me?" and I did it at a Mothers of Invention concert. (Look it up.) I am likely the ONLY  person to ever do such a thing. (I would guess almost anybody in the world would consider that totally bizarre... and they would almost certainly be correct.) The weird thing is that we have been married 46 years and all things indicate we will be married until we die. (In my case I will still be married even if I am the one to die first.)

• Like 3

Do you have a balcony cabin? If so, that would be the most private place while still being outside. Order some flowers and champagne and propose there.

Other than that, there is no guarantee you will not have others around. I don't think much of public proposals.

• Like 2

On the outdoor Promenade on deck 7, go up the stairs at the front to deck 8 at the bow of the ship - it feels like the scene from Titanic.  The wind is blowing in your face and you can see the endless sea up ahead.  Would have to do it during the daytime however as it is usually roped off after dark.

Don

Don't do it!!!!!!!

No, just joking. Have just celebrated our 46th and don't regret a minute. Congratulations. I'm fairly conservative but I think I would consider a specialty dining experience (table for 2). Hope you both enjoy it anyway. I am sure you will.

• Haha 1

When we were on the Ruby it took us almost to the end of the week to discover the Adagio lounge. It was empty except the bartender both times we went. It’s not outdoors, but it’s a lovely little lounge at the top of the ship on deck 16. There are some nice chairs by big windows in the far corner that would make for an intimate proposal. Good luck!

Other than sailaway, the roof of the bridge is usually deserted.  Wind and weather might be an issue if you are at sea, although, if it is particularly inclement, I would imagine that access is blocked.  

I really like the idea of doing it in conjunction with the Ultimate Balcony Dinner.  If you do it just before, you should be able to give the photographer some great poses.

Dinner at Share would be perfect.  The restaurant isn’t very crowded and the setting and views are really nice.  I’m sure the wait staff would help with whatever accommodations you needed as well.  Other that that, I like the ultimate balcony dinner idea as well. 

I also agree with the Adagio lounge! We went there twice on our last cruise on the Ruby (first time was right before dinner at Share, and can't remember what time we were there the second time) and both times, I think we were the only people there. Very quiet and romantic!! The outside area of Share/Adagio was empty also and as I recall, there is a nice fountain too.

click on link below, scroll to video  and At 10:20 into this video you can view the area on back of ship, above pool, outside of Adagios. 

Look for people sitting in chairs on Astro turf by a little fountain. Adagios is inside to your right.

The windowed area in center and to your left is Share.

https://cruisefever.net/0227-ruby-princess-review-and-video-tour/

Edited by Baronbob
Add additional info

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 10:13 PM, Mud_Shark said:

On the outdoor Promenade on deck 7, go up the stairs at the front to deck 8 at the bow of the ship - it feels like the scene from Titanic.  The wind is blowing in your face and you can see the endless sea up ahead.  Would have to do it during the daytime however as it is usually roped off after dark.

Don

This may be a good area, it's quiet & private -if James is still on the ship(a  sort of passenger services liason) you may be able to contact him to rope off the area for a few minutes ( they did this for another passenger ceremony that we attended). Or the area outside of Share (one up from the aft pool) as another mentioned, but people could be interfering.

They also have a renewal of vows the second formal night (at least they do when Natalie is cruise director -( she's going on vacation late Feb).It's not private but you may be able to do a twist on it.

Edited by victory2020

14 hours ago, joybook said:

Don't do it!!!!!!!

No, just joking. Have just celebrated our 46th and don't regret a minute. Congratulations. I'm fairly conservative but I think I would consider a specialty dining experience (table for 2). Hope you both enjoy it anyway. I am sure you will.

You've got that part right. It's cheaper & more fun in the long run. :classic_biggrin:

This  might not be exactly what you had in mind but let me tell you about how it happened for a couple we cruised with.   We were on the Regal.  Prior to formal night he went to the photographers and asked for help.  It was arranged that they would get in the line for pictures on the staircase.  Once on the stairs they would have a couple pictures before he dropped to his knee and proposed right there!  The photographer captured the whole event (and gave then a fantastic discount on the pictures) and the atrium broke into applause.  It was perfect!

On 1/31/2019 at 6:46 PM, clippersfan101 said:

Thank you all.

I do not have a balcony booked so that is out of the question.

Does anyone have a picture of the area behind Share/Adagio? I can't seem to find anything online. 

There is a website called Cruise Deck Plans, I'm not sure if I can post the link but here it is:  https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Ruby-Princess

There are tons of pics that users have uploaded that will give you an idea of what the area looks like.

The only issue could be, I believe this area is a smoking area on Ruby.  That may have changed because it has been close to 8 years since I was on the Ruby.

Edited by Akaicb
added info.