Edge Review with Dailies and lots of Menus

MVPinBoynton

We have just completed the review of our January 13, 2019 cruise on the Celebrity Edge.  Our previous Edge review for the Nov. 27, 2018 2-day pre-inaugural cruise was focused on getting photos of every one of the over 60 venues on the new ship.  As a result, I didn’t get much time to actually slow down to enjoy the ship and find out what cruising on her was all about.  This was a much more enjoyable experience.  It allowed me to find out what I really liked and disliked about the Edge.  I was also able to get photos of areas of the ship that I missed on the first cruise.

I really like the Edge and the new innovations that Celebrity has put into her.  After coming back from the cruise, I tried to think of all the positives and negatives before writing the review.  There were lots of positives and very few negatives.  In the seven weeks, since we were first on the Edge, Celebrity has been working on trying to fix some of the issues that were voiced here on Cruise Critic, as well as on other social media sites.  Some of the things that bothered me on the first cruise weren’t an issue at all on this cruise.  I will look forward to cruising on the Edge again and its new sister Apex, when she arrives.  I will, however, wait until the pricing becomes more attractive.  After my most enjoyable brief Edge suite experience in November, I would really like to try that again on the Edge class.

I have included in this review copies of all the dailies for our Eastern Caribbean itinerary, which I hope are helpful.  I have also included menus for all the lounges, restaurants, spa services and room service. The link to our cruise review website, where the review can be found is in my signature.  

I hope that this review in conjunction with the prior Edge review will assist those of you that are planning to cruise on this marvelous beautiful new ship.  If you have already been on her, I hope that the two reviews will bring back some fond memories.  Enjoy!

edge_19-4213-2.jpg

Edited by MVPinBoynton
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, freshjive1479 said:

This is great! Thank you so much for your detailed review and information. We are on the Eastern Caribbean cruise on February 10 so this is definitely whetting my appetite!

Glad it helped.  We have friends from Leeds who will be on the Feb. 10 cruise with you.  They just had snow this morning and are looking forward to visiting with us here in South Florida for a few days. before the cruise to get away from the cold.

10 minutes ago, MVPinBoynton said:

Glad it helped.  We have friends from Leeds who will be on the Feb. 10 cruise with you.  They just had snow this morning and are looking forward to visiting with us here in South Florida for a few days. before the cruise to get away from the cold.

Help.....how do I find the menus and dailies?    I clicked on your globe but don't see a link.  Can't find anything on cc like I used to be able too.

Thanks.

29 minutes ago, BridgeMates said:

Help.....how do I find the menus and dailies?    I clicked on your globe but don't see a link.  Can't find anything on cc like I used to be able too.

Thanks.

The globe is my avatar.  My signature is under the post if you have signatures enabled.  If you don't and you don't want to you can always find it by Googling Mike and Carols Cruise Reviews.  I am not allowed to post my URL on CC; and I try to abide by forum rules.

16 hours ago, MVPinBoynton said:

The globe is my avatar.  My signature is under the post if you have signatures enabled.  If you don't and you don't want to you can always find it by Googling Mike and Carols Cruise Reviews.  I am not allowed to post my URL on CC; and I try to abide by forum rules.

Thank you.  Read your review....excellent and wonderful pictures.  Getting excited again for our cruise in April.

1 hour ago, Brookefairway said:

Where do i find your review? can u post a link? thanks

The link is in my signature, which is under the post if you have signatures enabled.  If you don't and you don't want to enable them, you can always find it by Googling Mike and Carol's Cruise Reviews.  I am not allowed to post my URL on CC; and I try to abide by forum rules.

Thanks for sharing! Excited to see all these menus.

Quick question: I'm noticing that some alcohol can be found at one bar, but it's not showing at another. Did you find that certain brands were only available at certain bars? For example, I see that Hendricks and Plymouth gin show up on the Eden menus only. Looks like Tanquery and Bombay on the others.

1 hour ago, kat228 said:

Thanks for sharing! Excited to see all these menus.

Quick question: I'm noticing that some alcohol can be found at one bar, but it's not showing at another. Did you find that certain brands were only available at certain bars? For example, I see that Hendricks and Plymouth gin show up on the Eden menus only. Looks like Tanquery and Bombay on the others.

Since I'm not a gin drinker, I can't give you definite answer; but all the bars seem to be very well stocked with many varieties different alcohol.

18 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Thanks, Mike! Excellent job, as usual! I enjoyed reliving my wonderful memories (with better pictures than I have 😉). I also enjoyed your insights about the ship. I hope that we can sail with you and Carol again some time. 🙂

Thanks Marilyn. As I followed your recent live thread, I was surprised at some of the things I missed on the Edge.  Carol had a very bad cough during the cruise and didn’t get to do too much this cruise.  When we got home, she had a previously scheduled doc appointment.  She didn’t have a fever and her lungs were clear; but to be safe, they did a chest X-ray. It turns out she had pneumonia.  :classic_ohmy:   

We we certainly hope to cruise with you and Henry in the future.  If it is on the Edge or Apex, we will splurge on a suite. 

22 minutes ago, MVPinBoynton said:

Thanks Marilyn. As I followed your recent live thread, I was surprised at some of the things I missed on the Edge.  Carol had a very bad cough during the cruise and didn’t get to do too much this cruise.  When we got home, she had a previously scheduled doc appointment.  She didn’t have a fever and her lungs were clear; but to be safe, they did a chest X-ray. It turns out she had pneumonia.  :classic_ohmy:   

We we certainly hope to cruise with you and Henry in the future.  If it is on the Edge or Apex, we will splurge on a suite. 

So sorry that Carol didn't feel well on the cruise. It is disappointing to not be able do everything you wanted after all the planning and waiting. I'm glad they found the cause and hopefully she is on the mend now.

Yes, it sounds like you have a good excuse to cruise in a suite next time (to make up for last time)! Let's hope the prices go down. 🙂

Edited by vtcruising

10 hours ago, MVPinBoynton said:

Since I'm not a gin drinker, I can't give you definite answer; but all the bars seem to be very well stocked with many varieties different alcohol.

Guess I'll just need to visit the bars to find out. Oh darn. Such a difficult life...

Thank you Mike & Carol for the fantastic reviews and spectacular pics!  As a former Kodak photographer I very much appreciate your talent, would love to see some of your work on Kodachrome.

Something I haven't quite figured out is regarding the menus in the four main dining rooms.  There are three different sections (Exclusives, Classic, and Signatures).  Are there any dishes that change nightly in any of these sections, or are there lists of specials for the evening?  Reason I am asking is there does not seem to be much of a fish selection for the entrees other than salmon.

Thanks again for all your hard work and attention to detail - BZ

36 minutes ago, pa-annie said:

Thank you Mike & Carol for the fantastic reviews and spectacular pics!  As a former Kodak photographer I very much appreciate your talent, would love to see some of your work on Kodachrome.

Something I haven't quite figured out is regarding the menus in the four main dining rooms.  There are three different sections (Exclusives, Classic, and Signatures).  Are there any dishes that change nightly in any of these sections, or are there lists of specials for the evening?  Reason I am asking is there does not seem to be much of a fish selection for the entrees other than salmon.

Thanks again for all your hard work and attention to detail - BZ

Thanks Annie. The Signatures change every night and are the same in all 4 MDR’s. 

Mike,

Thank you so much for all the hard work and time you put in your reviews. They often inspire me to want to go somewhere new after reading yours. I feel like I understand and know what to expect on the Edge. We are going in March.  We did not get infinity balcony due to cost. Your pictures show it in detail and it makes me feel like I have experienced it even though I won't.Thanks again and keep traveling

Hope Carol is doing better. Good reason to return to EDGE so she can fully enjoy it!

We came off EDGE Sunday with coughs and  stuffy head colds  which got much worse. Pushed ourselves to get  through re -stocking our fridge,   unpacking and laundry but did not do much else. Today is the first day we feel much better, guess we picked up a bug onboard.,.sometimes unvoidable! 

The sunshine of our EDGE cruise will be with us for quite awhile!