Sailed on SS Norway back in the day, need to correct my latitudes to include it.

croix153

30 minutes ago, croix153 said:

My latitudes tier level is showing as first-timer for my upcoming epic cruise. It should actually be bronze as I sailed a 7 night eastern Caribbean on the Norway back in 2002. How do I go about fixing that?

give them a call and let them know. You will have to have something that shows you did cruise then, even an actually date. They are not terribly particular but they something will help. 

It sounds like you were given a new Latitudes number when your new cruise was booked so you now have two.

You should have a Latitudes Rewards number associated with your 2002 cruise on the Norway. If you booked directly with NCL call your cruise consultant and ask them to find that number from your 2002 cruise and associate it with your new booking. If you booked with a TA call NCL and get the number then ask them to associate it with your booking if they can or give it to your TA and have them do it.

It is too late to add an old cruise to your history, it isn't too late to associate your past guest number from that old cruise with your current booking.

I suggest you call.  I sailed in 1992 and again in 2018.  I tried to get my latitudes point added  for 1992 cruise and was told too late BUT I just booked a third cruise and a customer service agent found old reservation and now it shows as “Res Arch Cruise” and they combined the two latitudes numbers. Ask them to search, I had used different email address. 

9 hours ago, Paul Bogle said:

Latitudes Rewards - Google Chrome_2019-02-02_14-37-24.jpg

That came about at the time of the Latitudes Rewards Points was modified.

NCL is using this as a blanket statement that they don't want to be bothered by searching for guest cruises in

an archived system. The onus is on the guest to timely report any discrepancy. But if you haven't cruised

in the past couple of years and missed the modified Latitudes Rewards Points program and did not know that

the points were not credited - this is an unfair and NCL should review these on a case by case basis.

Have a previous cruise and you still have some documentation of it especially your Latitudes Rewards number

it is worth the communication with NCL to see if your previous history can be amended/merged to a current new booking.

If NCL can be provided with such a number a blanket UNABLE TO RESPOND is not a satisfactory answer.

A guest who has sailed on one of the first cruise ships of the NCL fleet should be a valued esteemed customer for

getting NCL started in the cruise industry.

If you can find an old Latitudes number associated with your booking back in 2002, you should use that number and move the new cruise to the old account.

The reason being, they changed Latitudes in 2017 and it now takes more points to achieve each level, old accounts retained the lower levels to achieve each status. Your old account if far more beneficial than that new one they created for you.

So, don't add the old sailing to the new account as you asked in your OP, instead get the new sailing moved to your old account if you/they can find the account number.

EDIT: Actually the old sailing added to a new account might make the new one a grandfathered account as the first cruise was pre 2017, not sure though, others might be able to help with that. Either way that cruise is important.

Edited by ziggyuk

It's been a few years now but I contacted NCL about some early cruises that weren't showing (including a 1988 cruise on the Norway and later cruises on the Southward and Seaward).  Since I didn't have any documents, they told me to submit any photos of me with the ship in the background or something that proved I was on board.  I had purchased some of the photos from the ship showing the life rings and photos taken as you board with me in them, so I submitted copies and they credited me with all 3 voyages.  I was impressed.  But that was then, this is now. 

On 2/3/2019 at 1:36 PM, Diver2014 said:

It's been a few years now but I contacted NCL about some early cruises that weren't showing (including a 1988 cruise on the Norway and later cruises on the Southward and Seaward).  Since I didn't have any documents, they told me to submit any photos of me with the ship in the background or something that proved I was on board.  I had purchased some of the photos from the ship showing the life rings and photos taken as you board with me in them, so I submitted copies and they credited me with all 3 voyages.  I was impressed.  But that was then, this is now. 

Good to know. I was on the Skyward, Southward and Starward in the late 70’s. I’m sure I have photos with the ships.  The person I spoke to had never heard of the ships. I will try again.  Thanks

So just to update everyone: I actually called today and it took the representative on the phone less than thirty seconds to find my old booking. A few minutes later and my reservation was moved to my old latitudes number from 2002 and my status was showing bronze. Super easy. 

Screenshot_20190208-230035.png