Ruby Princess Internet

MsSoCalCruiser

Sadly Ruby Princess is not Ocean Ready nor is it planned to have it activated in the foreseeable future.

However unlimited Internet is not connected to Ocean Medallion .

So Your Ship May Have unlimited Internet rolled out.

7 minutes ago, DDG 41 said:

Sadly Ruby Princess is not Ocean Ready nor is it planned to have it activated in the foreseeable future.

However unlimited Internet is not connected to Ocean Medallion .

So Your Ship May Have unlimited Internet rolled out.

I am really confused because we were just on the Ruby Princess and I thought I read that it started the day we disembarked. 

The Ruby does have "Medallionnet Premium Package 7-Day" - for $59.99 (pre cruise) I just ordered it for our sailing on May 11.  I've heard it is fairly fast and you can do streaming. Not the true full meal deal - Ocean Medallion yet that has all the cool bells and whistles.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, lightasafeather said:

The Ruby does have "Medallionnet Premium Package 7-Day" - for $59.99 (pre cruise) I just ordered it for our sailing on May 11.  I've heard it is fairly fast and you can do streaming. 

I hope they improved the internet on the Ruby.  Two months ago, it was slow, slow, slow.  

20 hours ago, lightasafeather said:

The Ruby does have "Medallionnet Premium Package 7-Day" - for $59.99 (pre cruise) I just ordered it for our sailing on May 11.  I've heard it is fairly fast and you can do streaming. Not the true full meal deal - Ocean Medallion yet that has all the cool bells and whistles.

I don't see this as an option on my personalizer, and I'm on the cruise just before yours (May 5-10, actually I think there's a 1-nighter in between). So weird! I'm only seeing options for 240 minutes for $100 or 680 minutes for $200. 

1 minute ago, KamAZ said:

I don't see this as an option on my personalizer, and I'm on the cruise just before yours (May 5-10, actually I think there's a 1-nighter in between). So weird! I'm only seeing options for 240 minutes for $100 or 680 minutes for $200. 

I think they are updating the cruise personalizers. I had the Minutes options for my sailing on Ruby (April 8th, 2019) up until last weekend, then they all vanished and there is nothing but the cabin to shore calling. I asked around on these forums and several people sailing before and after my sailing saw the MedallionNet package. So, I called Princess a couple of days ago and was told that MedallionNet would definitely be available on my sailing, but that they are updating the website with new codes. The agent told me that even if the website is not updated in time for my sailing, I can purchase the internet once I get on the ship.

That's the old internet. I've heard everyone say that MedallionNet is very fast and much more reliable, and they have been able to stream things like Netflix and Youtube with no buffering or dropped connections. You're thinking about the old internet.

• Like 1

Was on the Ruby two weeks ago.  We have free internet because of our Elite Status.  For the first couple of days, internet could be a bit sporadic.  Then everything worked just fine for the remainder of the cruise.  Perhaps satellite issues at play.    I do like the fact that you can see the Princess Patter on our phone.  Very efficient and all the bookings, etc that we have.  As I say, very efficient.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Country-Bumpkin said:

I am on the Ruby in June and the Medallionnet package is offered in my personalizer.  Does this mean that I will no longer have a complimentary internet package as a Platinum Member?

You will have the choice.

Use your free minutes or purchase an unlimited package.

Can't use both.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2019 at 7:56 PM, lightasafeather said:

Thank you!

56 minutes ago, pink845 said:

Was on the Ruby two weeks ago.  We have free internet because of our Elite Status.  For the first couple of days, internet could be a bit sporadic.  Then everything worked just fine for the remainder of the cruise.  Perhaps satellite issues at play.    I do like the fact that you can see the Princess Patter on our phone.  Very efficient and all the bookings, etc that we have.  As I say, very efficient.

Maybe we were on the same cruise; we embarked on  1/19/19.   The Internet was terrible for us especially from our cabin which is where I like to use it. I really did like having access to the princess patter on my phone, super handy.

We're on the Ruby, medallion net is up and running. I have had no problem. Works great. Sign up for unlimited and get it fo 50%off. Great deal. All you have to do right now is slide your roo card in front of the door scanner and your door opens.  No medallion get. Great trip so far. Live the Ruby. 

• Like 2

On 2/5/2019 at 5:46 AM, PattiDee said:

We're on the Ruby, medallion net is up and running. I have had no problem. Works great. Sign up for unlimited and get it fo 50%off. Great deal. All you have to do right now is slide your roo card in front of the door scanner and your door opens.  No medallion get. Great trip so far. Live the Ruby. 

Thank you!  I signed up for the unlimited. It says it’s the premium package. Do you know what that means? Thanks again! 

On 2/4/2019 at 7:46 PM, Colo Cruiser said:

You will have the choice.

Use your free minutes or purchase an unlimited package.

Can't use both.

I purchased the unlimited package for $59. I was told to talk to someone on board and there might possibly be some type of refund for platinum/elite cruisers.  I don’t know if this is correct. Even if there isn’t a refund, the price for the unlimited package was great. 

On 2/5/2019 at 5:46 AM, PattiDee said:

I was on the Ruby a few weeks ago and had a great time.  Enjoy your cruise!  

On 2/4/2019 at 6:50 PM, Cyn874 said:

I think they are updating the cruise personalizers. I had the Minutes options for my sailing on Ruby (April 8th, 2019) up until last weekend, then they all vanished and there is nothing but the cabin to shore calling. I asked around on these forums and several people sailing before and after my sailing saw the MedallionNet package. So, I called Princess a couple of days ago and was told that MedallionNet would definitely be available on my sailing, but that they are updating the website with new codes. The agent told me that even if the website is not updated in time for my sailing, I can purchase the internet once I get on the ship.

For our Emerald Princess cruise last December, both minute plans and unlimited plans were offered. The Emerald does not have the upgraded Internet hardware, so both types of plans were extremely slow (and on some days no Internet worked at all).

When the upgraded (faster) hardware is on a ship, the unlimited plans are called MedallionNet.

When the upgraded hardware is NOT on a ship, the unlimited plans are called Princess Connect.

Although the unlimited plans may be offered once on the ship, they will be priced higher than if purchased pre-cruise.

• Like 1