Inside GTY- SetSail Pass Indicates Deck, Not Room #

On 2/4/2019 at 3:22 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

It would be nice if some who had the deck number assigned reported back to see if they were actually assigned to that deck.

Update: I received my stateroom number last night (31 days away from departure.) We were indeed assigned a stateroom on deck 11. Sadly, not upgraded to a suite (ha!) 

My edocs/luggage tags do not reflect the room assignment but the SetSail pass does show the room number. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bronzeambition said:

Update: I received my stateroom number last night (31 days away from departure.) We were indeed assigned a stateroom on deck 11. Sadly, not upgraded to a suite (ha!) 

My edocs/luggage tags do not reflect the room assignment but the SetSail pass does show the room number. 

In order to get the edocs/luggage tags to be updated, you have to contact whoever booked your cruise and ask them to re-issue your cruise docs.  Takes about one business day.

1 minute ago, bronzeambition said:

We booked directly through RCI, so maybe it will take a day from  them to do it automatically? 

My experience is that it won't happen automatically.  Call them and request your docs be reissued.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

My experience is that it won't happen automatically.  Call them and request your docs be reissued.

I just went to check before I called and I have been issued new edocs automatically. It actually lists them as edocs 1 and edocs 2. 

Just wanted to add that we have a similar situation. Booked a JS GTY 55 days out, were assigned edocs about 10 days later which only tells us we're on Deck 7, no room assigned just yet. Like a previous poster mentioned, I'm sure they're getting through the Royal Up bids before they finally assign. I'll report back on whether we actually end up on Deck 7 or not, along with final category. I check daily, the anticipation is like Christmas morning every day 😂

• Thanks 1

On 2/4/2019 at 12:53 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Bob, this has shown up a couple times.  

Do you think that it’s possible that Riyal has already assigned the room but is not showing it until later to prevent people from switching cabins?

I suspect they could be hiding stateroom numbers for either this reason or the perhaps the stateroom assignment isn't firm; they might be taking one out of inventory to cover the sale and that could be changed again after the Royal UP and other such shuffling has been completed.

DW and I are going on OTS TA  on 04-21-19 and instead of deck info, they list a Muster Station on the Set Sail pass. Others on our cruise with a GTY all have various Muster Stations assigned, but no deck info; just GTY and a Muster Station.

Edited by WeighAnchor

1 hour ago, WeighAnchor said:

I suspect they could be hiding stateroom numbers for either this reason

As mentioned in previous threads but not on this one, this will also lessen the amount of times cruisers call back to change their stateroom location over and over and over again. Likely not many options available at this later date when all cabins are assigned at once.

On 2/4/2019 at 11:22 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

It would be nice if some who had the deck number assigned reported back to see if they were actually assigned to that deck.

We were assigned Deck 7 and did receive a cabin on Deck 7 about 2 weeks afterward.

ETA: We received the deck assignment about 50 days out and our actual room assignment around 30 days out.

Edited by rkkunk
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, rkkunk said:

We were assigned Deck 7 and did receive a cabin on Deck 7 about 2 weeks afterward.

ETA: We received the deck assignment about 50 days out and our actual room assignment around 30 days out.

It seems they do not want to give out the assigned cabin# until about 30 days out... 🤔

I am quite sure that is due to the new bidding process! 👎🙄

People calling in to  change the cabin # are such a few in the know - it would not make any sense to twist the system for that!

I am sure there are a lot more calls now asking why they have NO cabin number yet... 😁👍

On 2/21/2019 at 5:36 AM, bronzeambition said:

I just went to check before I called and I have been issued new edocs automatically. It actually lists them as edocs 1 and edocs 2. 

Yes, ours say E docs 1 and E docs 2 also.

Update: At exactly 30 days out I was assigned my suite number (booked as a GTY) which did stay a JS on the same deck that was initially assigned. I'll be calling for another round of eDocs today 😎

Edited by GetToLivin
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/8/2019 at 10:21 AM, GetToLivin said:

Update: At exactly 30 days out I was assigned my suite number (booked as a GTY) which did stay a JS on the same deck that was initially assigned. I'll be calling for another round of eDocs today 😎

I also did a suite guarantee (originally has a balcony and upgraded myself for few hundred over the phone) and was assigned a deck and muster number about a week later (65 days out), it says "sky suite" online and “sky class" on app setsail pass. I'm keeping my fingers crossed I'm in a GS, but who knows. It feels like waiting for Christmas for that 30 day mark. 

The same thing happened to me. At 45 days my edocs became available and showed deck number and gty for room. The app showed the same but added Muster station. 30 Days out I just received updated docs with room number. The room is on the deck that was shown and also within muster station. I was able to narrow the rooms down by booking type and had a idea where I would be. Guarantee inside cabin, ended up with central park view! Also they don't wait because of the royal up bids. another person in my party did the same booking but decided to bid on royal up. once there cabin was assigned they received a email that their royal up had been canceled due to cabin change. No change in cabin other than being assigned a room number. They had to go back and place there royal up bid again.