FlightEase and Confirmations

TiogaCruiser

I just booked flights through HAL for our upcoming cruise on Sunday and our online itinerary in our HAL profile shows those flights as of today. However, I have not received and email from my TA ( the BigBox) nor HAL. If I recall correctly, last cruise I received a confirmation from BOTH via email for each change or addition. I have the old documents but no longer can find the emails they came with.

Have others received the same?

When we booked our air on Flight Ease last October we received an email with the invoice from our TA and from HAL confirming the flights and cost within 24 hours of the booking. You may want to call both in your case.

I book directly with a HAL PCC but once booked with FlightEase received an email with the attached info from HAL.  You can also go to the HAL website to check on your flights.  If you've already past final payment, you need to pay for the flights (sounds like you're leaving shortly).  If you are before final payment, the flights aren't paid for.  You can call HAL and authorize the payment for the flights before final payment if you wish - that's what I've done. I can check my flights and select seats. 

I have used Flight Ease for 3 flights now. I book directly with a PCC and receive an email almost immediately with the flight confirmation. With both Delta and American I have been able to choose my seats immediately, even though I have not paid. If it makes any difference I do have a Delta Sky MIles and an American Advantage account.

2 minutes ago, richwmn said:

I have used Flight Ease for 3 flights now. I book directly with a PCC and receive an email almost immediately with the flight confirmation. With both Delta and American I have been able to choose my seats immediately, even though I have not paid. If it makes any difference I do have a Delta Sky MIles and an American Advantage account.

I have an American Airlines Advantage Credit Card and my understanding is if I use that CC with HAL to pay for the flights on flight Ease, I will get my standard free checked bags, one of the benefits of the American CC.

Thanks all. I’ll give the BigBox another call after work today. When I called yesterday there was a “holding queue” of over 30 minutes. 

Were waitlisted for hotel with HAL also. That doesn’t show under my online booking (and may not due to waitlisting). We’re still >120 days out.

We were waitlisted for a hotel with Hal for our cruise in Oct.  It cleared Monday and we are now booked and our booking is up to date too.   Now all we have to do is pay for it all and then go cruising.

14 minutes ago, boards said:

We were waitlisted for a hotel with Hal for our cruise in Oct.  It cleared Monday and we are now booked and our booking is up to date too.   Now all we have to do is pay for it all and then go cruising.

Paying is the worst part.

Enjoy the cruise!

I called the BigBox last night and almost immediately received the email invoice/ confirmation. The agent called HAL and was told because we have a flexible fare, we won’t get their invoice with PNR numbers until we make payment. Final is due in 3 weeks, so I’m letting it be for now.

That is not how it was done 15 months ago when I booked my flights via flexible fare for my last cruise. I did get both confirmations and even booked seats over the phone prior to paying. So perhaps there has been a procedural change at FlightEase.

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 10:32 AM, puppycanducruise said:

Paying is the worst part.

Enjoy the cruise!

We agree and thank our children for the use of their inheritance, they tell too, so we are listening to them (for a change)

15 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

I called the BigBox last night and almost immediately received the email invoice/ confirmation. The agent called HAL and was told because we have a flexible fare, we won’t get their invoice with PNR numbers until we make payment. Final is due in 3 weeks, so I’m letting it be for now.

That is not how it was done 15 months ago when I booked my flights via flexible fare for my last cruise. I did get both confirmations and even booked seats over the phone prior to paying. So perhaps there has been a procedural change at FlightEase.

Hmmm, that is different.

I got my Airline confirmation #’s when I got my confirmation last year and again this year.  This year might be different as I booked it after final payment but it was a flexible fare,  I was able to book my seat on Air Canada but not Lufthansa - have to wait to be ticketed.

4 hours ago, kazu said:

Hmmm, that is different.

I got my Airline confirmation #’s when I got my confirmation last year and again this year.  This year might be different as I booked it after final payment but it was a flexible fare,  I was able to book my seat on Air Canada but not Lufthansa - have to wait to be ticketed.

The one I’m referring to from last year also was well before final, flexible and not yet paid. I was able to select seats on the United flights outbound but not the LATAM return.

We currently have 3 Flight Ease bookings on Delta with November 2019 the furthest in the future.  All had immediate confirmation numbers and I was able to select seats.  The cruises were made or transferred to a big box store and the flights were booked online and the big box store reservation is automatically updated.  I couldn't upgrade seats on the April trip until after tickets were issued/final payment made.  I've also had good luck changing flights when the airline made scheduling changes that I did not care for.

@Primus, @kazu

Its really sounding like the agent in Seattle had her own “script”.:classic_huh:

Being we will be making payment in just a few weeks I’m going to veer from my usual “script” and just let it be. I appreciate everyone’s responses - this looks to be another example where asking in these forums is helpful.😉

• 3 weeks later...

Update: we made final payment and just prior to doing so, the BigBox agent sent me (the awaited) email for FlightEase. Technically (and of interest) the email said it was from HAL (noreply@ h a l), but the BigBox agent said HE had just sent it and confirmed its contents. I then went on to give him my CC number and he then called to pay.....   so- it looks like it initially was the BigBox that should have sent that email on behalf of HAL.

Of course there could have been a procedural change, ( or a hiccup) but I did not get any email (including the usual invoice from the BigBox when I made the initial deposit.

So all is well and good now. And it wasn’t HAL agent veering from a script.

On 2/7/2019 at 8:29 AM, terrydtx said:

I have an American Airlines Advantage Credit Card and my understanding is if I use that CC with HAL to pay for the flights on flight Ease, I will get my standard free checked bags, one of the benefits of the American CC.

With American, it's only necessary that the AAdvantage membership number linked to the credit card be recorded on your booking with American (your PNR, Passenger Name Record). Unlike United Airlines, it is not actually necessary to pay with the credit card.

• 2 months later...
On 2/7/2019 at 7:29 AM, terrydtx said:

Did you get your free checked bag on your American Airlines flight?  I have a flight booked through HAL for later this summer  and am concerned that I will have to pay for my bags because I will not be paying American directly with my AA Credit card. (The "free baggage" rules say you have to pay with your Advantage credit card to get the benefits.)  This is the first time we have used HAL's flight ease.Thanks for sharing your experience.