Thank you and Farewell to our Capt. Jose Vilarinho

Azamarajunkie

Azamara Quest will soon bid farewell to Captain José Vilarinho. Due to personal considerations, Captain José has decided to take his career in a different direction. We wish him all the best in his future endeavors and thank him for the lifelong memories he’s created for our loyal guests. Thank you Captain José.

We’re also very proud to announce a new Master of the Azamara Quest – Captain Pelle Hallén. Captain Pelle boasts over 25 years of experience in the shipping and cruise industries, including currently serving as Staff Captain aboard Quest’s sister ship, the Azamara Journey. He will share duties with Captain Magnus Davidson as Quest prepares to embark on several milestone voyages in 2019, inclduing guiding the dry dock procedures for Quest in preparation for Azamara’s maiden season in Alaska.

Please join us in congratulating Captain Pelle Hallén, Master of the Azamara Quest.

Congratualations to Captain Pelle! We had the pleasure of meetiing him on the Journey last October on the Spain and transatlantic cruises.  We were fortunate enough to dine at his table and we (the entire group) had so much fun with him.  He invited the table for a Bridge tour a few days later.

Great news indeed!

Best wishes to Captain Jose. 

19 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

I will miss Capt Jose’s ‘Voice from the Bridge’ photos and updates.

I’ll miss Captain Jose as well. DH & I have sailed with him a couple times. Here’s a favorite photo of him from a cruise along the coast of India...

359B223C-32DB-489A-AA0F-3082A32670BF.jpeg

• Like 2

So sad to hear this news. We will miss you dear Captain Jose. You were always the gentleman looking after us all and making our voyages on the Quest a real pleasure. Ken and I wish you all the very best in your new direction and hope to hear about them from time to time.

We also are delighted to see Azamara promote one of the excellent Staff Captains to Master and look forward to sailing with Captain Pelle in the future.

All we can say is God speed you José, and thank you so much for making the Quest feel so much like home for us.

We can only hope that we meet again, some place, sometime; maybe even "somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean" 😉

Pura Vida José

Love Cheryl & John

PS Don't take the keys with you!

DSC01549a.thumb.jpg.f3a28f42de817b8e8be574050bba6587.jpg

• Like 1

Captain Jose, If you're reading this, I just want to say thank you, thank you, thank you for making our voyages with you so much fun.  We sure are going to miss you and hope that whatever endeavor awaits you is a huge success.  

Also, congratulations to Captain Pelle.  He's going to have large shoes to fill.

Garry

We were on Captain Jose's first cruise on Quest and I am very sorry we won't be with him this summer.  He was (and is) very special and Azamara won't be quite the same without him.   But looking forward to meeting Captain Pelle.

• Like 1

Captain Jose was at the helm on our Sea of Cortez cruise, we had a fairly rough day/night going back to San Diego, I spoke with him briefly the morning we disembarked and made I made a silly comment. I still remember his smile and laugh making me feel like what I said was actually funny...Its the little things that make Azamara truly special.

Wishing you all the best, Captain Jose. From the lady who suggested you drive the ship backwards!

Happy memories, New Years Eve party in the Caribbean, pool deck party celebrations.Captain Jose standing on the stage wearing a pink feather boa over his uniform. That's what Azamara is about and Captain Jose was a great brand champion.

Best wishes Jose for the future.

Congratulations Captain Pelle, things move on , its good to see career progression within the fleet.