New to Royal...excursions say onboard only

Hi, we are going on Adventure of the Seas to Canada/Maine. Just started looking at our excursions and some that we are interested in say you can't book online. Seems odd to me as on our Holland Alaska cruise we booked all excursions months before. if anyone knows why they do this and if it means it will be tough to book I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thank you!

16 minutes ago, AlaskaNewbie68 said:

Hi, we are going on Adventure of the Seas to Canada/Maine. Just started looking at our excursions and some that we are interested in say you can't book online. Seems odd to me as on our Holland Alaska cruise we booked all excursions months before. if anyone knows why they do this and if it means it will be tough to book I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thank you!

Could be a glitch (Royal has a lot of those) or it could be sold out.  Call and ask them to be sure...

55 minutes ago, AlaskaNewbie68 said:

I'll bet they're sold out.  Keep checking they may add capacity

My thought is that they are not yet available for booking.  Perhaps the contracts aren't signed yet, or perhaps the cruise line is looking to change vendors etc,

I guess that because for my cruise on another ship in June, the entertainment states unable to book until onboard and it's not been opened yet.

It could be a couple things. One is that it is sold out. Another is that some of the excursions, especially on the private islands, are for suite/super elite passengers only (like the cabanas on that secluded beach in Labadee). If there are any left open they will let regular folks buy them once they are on board.

22 hours ago, AlaskaNewbie68 said:

I'm on this cruise also.  Some spots on popular excursions are held back so those boarding without prebooking have a chance for certain excursions.  Some people won't be booking the cruise for a few months yet.