New prices on Oasis

12times

What is going on with Oasis? I just looked at prices for a oceanview balcony in July 2020 on Oasis. It was over $6000 for two people.I am going on Harmony this March on that same type of room and paying $2500. I have sailed over 15 cruises on RCL and never,ever,seen a thing like this. Are they nuts?

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

They are charging - and apparently getting - premium prices for Oasis out of Cape Liberty. 

The same thing with Anthem out of Cape Liberty. It was a great ship but the prices were higher. I think that people in NY/NJ/CT are rich and will pay it because they don't have to fly south.

if You take a look at the starting prices for balconies in July 2020 for the 4 Oasis class ships you will find that Harmony and Symphony are higher all 4 weeks and Allure is higher 2 of the 4 weeks.  

Oasis is not more more expensive because she is in NJ. Prices are just up all over.

23 hours ago, JoeFan said:

The same thing with Anthem out of Cape Liberty. It was a great ship but the prices were higher. I think that people in NY/NJ/CT are rich and will pay it because they don't have to fly south.

You are not far from wrong. Sailings out of NY NJ area are not as plentiful as they are in Florida. It’s all about supply and demand. With that said there is no way that I would pay $6000 for a balcony room. I booked a midship balcony room on the Anthem for $3000 for a 9 day cruise. It’s more than I would normally pay but when you factor in the amount of the flight to Florida its on par for what the overall cost would be for a sailing out of Florida plus there is a stop at Bermuda which is not available at other embarkation ports.I wouldn’t sail on an Oasis class ship for free but for those who want to sail on that class ship from NY NJ they will pay the price for it’s limited time in the Northeast.

I just did a mock booking on Oasis for the same week that I will be sailing 9 days on the Anthem this year.  It is over $4000 after the discount for the second person for the same category that I'm sailing in on Anthem.   There is no way I would pay that price for a 7 day itinerary to Florida, Nassau and Cocoa Cay.  I would probably book an NCL sailing on a newer ship or Celebrity Summit before I paid that price for Oasis.

I have to agree with Ken.  Do a mock booking for ships out of NJ and Florida in July (which will bring up Oasis class ships).  Oasis is the "cheap" one.

Yikes...prices are really rising, and even more so during summer.  Pretty crazy what even an interior category costs.