Ocean Medallion...Which ships have it?

trbarton

16 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Golden  No.... but they say it will this year. ( Princess Rep, told our TA )

Are you sure? 

When the setback were announced, they said that golden princess would get it activated when transferred to P&O

As of today 9 Feb only Caribbean and Regal ships have Ocean Medallion up and running.  When the other ships come on line is a guess.  Stayed tuned for more on upcoming completions of the Ocean Medallion program

2 hours ago, AF-1 said:

As of today 9 Feb only Caribbean and Regal ships have Ocean Medallion up and running.  When the other ships come on line is a guess.  Stayed tuned for more on upcoming completions of the Ocean Medallion program

That’s been our experience...our Royal cruises (4/27-5/11/19) show as MedallionClass but my TA was told by those implementing MC that marketing is making promises that the techs probably won’t be able to provide...again. 🙄

My TA was told to not expect MC on our cruises & maybe not until Alaska or even in the Fall although the improved MedallionNet is already available.

4 hours ago, DDG 41 said:

Are you sure? 

When the setback were announced, they said that golden princess would get it activated when transferred to P&O

No..... I would tend to agree with will be  done on transfer to P&O...... I read somewhere  .. that it need to be ready buy the time it went to P&O

Cheers Don

2 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

Yeah, we sail on the Royal on 4/6, so we're just missing it.

I'm booked on the 4/13 sailing and that cruise is listed as an OM Vacation.  That was just added, though.  It may be up and running but even if it is, they may be working out the bugs.  

13 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

I'm booked on the 4/13 sailing and that cruise is listed as an OM Vacation.  That was just added, though.  It may be up and running but even if it is, they may be working out the bugs.  

I hope it works for you without too many bugs and hicups! :classic_smile: Hopefully, it'll all go smoothly.

• 3 weeks later...

From today’s news release:

http://phoenix.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=2389970

MedallionNet, offering fast, affordable, reliable and unlimited internet service, expands to Coral Princess (April 5) and Island Princess (May 15) in time for the Alaska season, Crown Princess (June 30) and Emerald Princess (August 3) for sailings during Europe this summer and on Golden Princess (December 20) and Sky Princess (October 12) this fall. MedallionNet is currently available on Caribbean PrincessRegal PrincessRoyal Princess and Ruby Princess.

The cruise line also announced the formal launch dates for the Princess MedallionClass experience on its next three ships. The hassle-free and personalized voyages enabled by the OceanMedallionTM will launch on Royal Princess on April 13, followed by Crown Princess on July 24 and will be featured on Sky Princess beginning October 12, when the newest ship in the Princess fleet departs the shipyard as the first to be built from the ground up with the Ocean® Guest Experience Platform.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2019 at 1:30 PM, getting older slowly said:

Golden  No.... but they say it will this year. ( Princess Rep, told our TA )

on our trip in Nov 2018    some movement it looks like wireless antennas round the deck outside and in hallways....  Will update this after trip at end of Feb in 2 weeks

Cheers Don 

Will they put Medallion on Golden seeing it is being transferred to P&O Aus who don’t use it? 🤔

Edited by Porky55

7 hours ago, Porky55 said:

Will they put Medallion on Golden seeing it is being transferred to P&O Aus who don’t use it? 🤔

Why not Ocean Medallion is a Carnival Corporation concept not just Princess's.

And P&O Australia said that she would be their first Ocean Medallion Capable ship. why would they say this unless they planned on using the technology.

44 minutes ago, DDG 41 said:

Why not Ocean Medallion is a Carnival Corporation concept not just Princess's.

And P&O Australia said that she would be their first Ocean Medallion Capable ship. why would they say this unless they planned on using the technology.

Hmmm that will be interesting for P&O Australia pax 😏 

Edited by Porky55