Oasis class sauna and steam room

davelinde

In our first sailing on an Oasis class earlier this year I was surprised to find that the spa had no open (free) steam and sauna, instead had a thermal suite area with heated recliners, a room with some kind a fragrance as well as the traditional steam and sauna rooms.  They were pushing this as a for fee service during the tour something like $120 for a single and $180 for a couple unlimited access.

While cruising I do like to go do a good workout then spend some time stretching in both the wet and dry heat...  so no free service was a disappointment - but I did not decide to buy it then.   We are sailing on another Oasis class in the fall and I have some questions for any here who may know or have opinions.

First, can I buy this service before sailing and is it cheaper that way?  What is the least I might expect to pay?

Next... did I misunderstand the tour or were these rooms in a common area?  How does that work?  Bathing suits I guess?  It had never dawned on me to wear more than a towel in a steam room and for sure not a robe and swimsuit.

Finally, any who bought this, was it worth it to you?  Was it crowded? 

We used the thermal spa area because one day use was included in our room rate. I think there were two wet and two dry rooms along with a rain shower and heated loungers. It was not crowded when we were there, but it is not private. I went with a swimsuit, but did not see any attire guidelines so a well cinched towel may be ok. It was great and we really enjoyed it, but those are not things we normally use so I would not have paid extra for it. I did not see any free options.

Look for "Thermal Spa Suite Pass" in the Cruise Planner under "Relaxation Features" in the spa section.  

I bought it for the Symphony transatlantic since I had some OBC to burn up.  If I had to pay out of pocket I doubt I would.  However like specialty dining this is a personal question.  Others may value it more than I do.  It's nothing like a thermal suite at a good hotel on land.  

In my case the price before was the same as on board.  YMMV.

3 hours ago, rickcherryb said:

Can showers be used after working out at the gym, or does the gym have their own showers?

Yes, they will let you use the showers in the spa area without charging extra.