Chances of A Price Drop?

jbethel11

Carnival Sunrise Cruise June 20-24, 2019's Prices Going Down? I am looking to book for 4 passengers in a balcony, and I know, I will be lashed out at since I am "dreaming" if the prices could decrease further! People will be upset when I tell them how much the price is, but it is quite expensive for 4 days to Bermuda! I did this same sailing on the Horizon, and it was sold out, so I am debating if, because I am VIFP Gold, I should book an interior and hope for an upgrade? Thanks for the help!

7 minutes ago, shof515 said:

it impossible to get a price drop as the cruise gets closer. you cruise is in about 4 months.

most price drops occurs when you are like 6 months or more away from sail day

Unless, of course, the sailing is not selling well. I might wait for the last minute deal, which usually transpires around final payment date. Additionally, the price just went down, so ...

Edited by jbethel11
Added last sentence

Last year booked ES in January for a cruise in June. Price dropped 5 times before sail date. Last price drop was in April. 

Price drops although driven by sales are generally driven by availability of rooms. 

Going on the same iteneriary as I did last year except one port has been dropped. So far I am paying 200 more and I dropped from an ocean view to a port hole. The ship is nearly sold out, so I’m not predicting many price drops like I was able to take advantage of last year. 

All of the cruises to Bermuda that I have looked at seem above average in price, on a per day basis.  Since interior cabins are usually the least expensive, they are popular and I wouldn't count heavily on an upgrade.

How expensive can a four day on the old Sunrise be? Being gold doesn't mean anything. You're not platinum or diamond. If you can book and sail last minute, go for it. There are no guarantees there will be any balconies left and you may have missed out over waiting over a couple hundred bucks. 

10 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

How expensive can a four day on the old Sunrise be? Being gold doesn't mean anything. You're not platinum or diamond. If you can book and sail last minute, go for it. There are no guarantees there will be any balconies left and you may have missed out over waiting over a couple hundred bucks. 

Go check the prices for yourself. My budget is not your budget.  Also, if you think that being a Gold VIFP member doesn’t get you anything, you must be mistaken. When I sailed on the Sunshine two years back, I received an upgrade from an interior to a balcony cabin. So instead of making these claims, just please double check to make sure they are a correct. But, you are right with no garuantees, as my PVP said the same thing. 

19 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Go check the prices for yourself. My budget is not your budget.  Also, if you think that being a Gold VIFP member doesn’t get you anything, you must be mistaken. When I sailed on the Sunshine two years back, I received an upgrade from an interior to a balcony cabin. So instead of making these claims, just please double check to make sure they are a correct. But, you are right with no garuantees, as my PVP said the same thing. 

Was your upgrade free or did you pay for it?

21 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

It's all very dependent on the cruise itself. There is always a chance! But, I have to agree typically with gold status, there are a lot of folks in front of you as far as upgrades go. Not to say it doesnt happen, but just keep that in mind. 

21 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

Carnival Sunrise Cruise June 20-24, 2019's Prices Going Down? I am looking to book for 4 passengers in a balcony, and I know, I will be lashed out at since I am "dreaming" if the prices could decrease further! People will be upset when I tell them how much the price is, but it is quite expensive for 4 days to Bermuda! I did this same sailing on the Horizon, and it was sold out, so I am debating if, because I am VIFP Gold, I should book an interior and hope for an upgrade? Thanks for the help!

If you are looking for an 'upgrade' from an interior to a balcony on a cruise to Bermuda..............you are going to be looking for a long time. Upgrades are done within categories. Outside of that you will pay for that upgrade. What happened years ago no longer applies.

VIFP Gold will get you a free drink the last night and I think a bottle of water. Nothing else is guaranteed.

Book what you want now.

1 hour ago, jbethel11 said:

Was this a free upgrade?