Port Canaveral Disembarkment

freeon

This will be our first Carnival cruise aboard the Breeze so were unfamiliar with disembarkment procedure. Does Carnival have self disembarkation like other cruise lines and what is the earliest we can expect to be able to get of the ship. Our itinerary says 8:00. Is this docking or disembarkment ? Yes I know most people will say this is a vacation and you should take a later flight and not cause extra stress. When flying international the flights are more limited. Especial direct flight. Id rather have a earlier direct flight and have to stress a bit than have a later one with 2-3 connections.

Since I have twice cruised from the port, you can plan on arriving at the airport about 90 minutes after you disembark.  It takes about 15 - 30 minutes to get off the ship and clear customs.  If you are carrying your own luggage off, then you should be able to get a cab (expensive) to run you to the airport.  The airport is less than an hour away.  Then you have to consider the time to clear TSA and check-in.  That would be at least 30 minutes.  

All said and done, if the ship is late for any reason, then chances are you will miss the early flight.   Our last cruise was late getting in.  We disembarked about 10:00 and made it to the airport, got our luggage (with a porter to help) and caught Carnival's transportation to the airport.  We arrived at the airport just before noon.  If I had booked the 12:15 flight, we would have missed it.  

I never book a flight before 2:30 on the day out just for this reason.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VaTech8912 said:

The time listed is the estimated arrival time.  Disembarkation can occur at the earliest 30 minutes after this, but is does vary quite a bit.

To add, the disembarkation process can begin at earliest 30 minutes after docking.  This does not mean you will be off the ship, through customs and in a cab/transfer within 30 minutes of docking.  Just didn't want to confuse you.  Yes, Carnival has self-assist.  You can line-up/wait in a designated area.  Also, depending on day of week, Orlando can have LONG check-in and TSA lines.  

3 hours ago, NWACruiser said:

Since I have twice cruised from the port, you can plan on arriving at the airport about 90 minutes after you disembark.  It takes about 15 - 30 minutes to get off the ship and clear customs.  If you are carrying your own luggage off, then you should be able to get a cab (expensive) to run you to the airport.  The airport is less than an hour away.  Then you have to consider the time to clear TSA and check-in.  That would be at least 30 minutes.  

All said and done, if the ship is late for any reason, then chances are you will miss the early flight.   Our last cruise was late getting in.  We disembarked about 10:00 and made it to the airport, got our luggage (with a porter to help) and caught Carnival's transportation to the airport.  We arrived at the airport just before noon.  If I had booked the 12:15 flight, we would have missed it.  

I never book a flight before 2:30 on the day out just for this reason.

My return flight is at 2:30 out of MCO after our Breeze cruise, and I was hoping that that flight wasn’t too early. I have Carnival transportation booked for return to airport. 

26 minutes ago, grandmarnnurse said:

My return flight is at 2:30 out of MCO after our Breeze cruise, and I was hoping that that flight wasn’t too early. I have Carnival transportation booked for return to airport. 

That sounds alright to me.

The last few  times I cruised, so many people chose to self assist it took quite a bit of time to get everyone through. Congestion and lines for those trying to self-assist were ridiculous. Last cruise we cleared our cabin early but waited on  the Lido until lines had thinned to begin the debarkation process. Mush more relaxing.