Left Behind in Nassau!

Chesneygirl

When we cruised to the Bahamas, there was a group that missed the ship leaving from New York.  They were brought out in a small boat and had to climb up a net to get onto the ship.  Sure must have been embarrassing because so many were watching.  Then when we were in the Bahamas, we had several runners who were late.  There were people on the balconies of one of the Disney ships next to us cheering everyone on as they ran toward the gangway.  The gangway was finally pulled away and the doors were closed.  Captain blew the horn and I think we were prepared to pull away, when suddenly two women come running with their arms filled with bags.  I can't believe the crew opened the door and put down the gangway for them.  They were really lucky.  I have always made it a point to make sure we are back in the area of the docks at least two hours before we need to be back on the ship.  Can't imagine what it would feel like to see the ship pulling out without me!

Unless we are on one of NCL's private islands or just staying  near  the dock shopping(within a 5-10 min walk) I always

take my passport, some cash and a credit card with me. We were on Curacao and our taxi broke down on the

way back to the ship. It was 1 p.m. and all aboard was (I think) 3 p.m. but still I went into panic mode.

I can just imagine how I would have felt if I didn't have those things with me. And we got back to the ship

by 2:15 thank goodness.

1 hour ago, Peachypooh said:

Unless we are on one of NCL's private islands or just staying  near  the dock shopping(within a 5-10 min walk) I always

take my passport, some cash and a credit card with me. We were on Curacao and our taxi broke down on the

way back to the ship. It was 1 p.m. and all aboard was (I think) 3 p.m. but still I went into panic mode.

I can just imagine how I would have felt if I didn't have those things with me. And we got back to the ship

by 2:15 thank goodness.

I would never take my passport off ship with me - it goes into the safe when I board and comes out on disembarkation morning.  If you are left behind they will get it from the safe and leave it with port agent

1 hour ago, memoak said:

I would never take my passport off ship with me - it goes into the safe when I board and comes out on disembarkation morning.  If you are left behind they will get it from the safe and leave it with port agent

I have heard that said and I am wondering at what point they retrieve the passport. An hour before sailing? Half hour?

I would be concerned about the logistics and it not getting done. Plus most people put their passports in the safe but some don't. What if the ship employee can't find it?

Edited by Peachypooh

38 minutes ago, Barb Nahoumi said:

Someone was late coming back from our last port stop, but the ship waited for 10 minutes.  They finally showed up.

Lucky! They didn't wait for me! My wife heard the captain thru the walkie talkie say, 'we're not waiting for one person'!