Bottle of Alcohol for In-Room Consumption After Embarkation

lilalila

52 minutes ago, lilalila said:

I know that one can pre-order a bottle via the Fun Shops before the actual cruise.  My question: Can a bottle be purchased after embarkation?  For example day 3 or day 5?

Before you buy that bottle, do a mock sale and you will see how much they add on for Taxes and charges, just did a post about this....I will be addressing this to my PVP tomorrow....

$95.00 bottle (includes 4 sodas)

$121.00 total after taxes and fees... $26.00 what!!

All the Best!

Mike

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, lilalila said:

I know that one can pre-order a bottle via the Fun Shops before the actual cruise.  My question: Can a bottle be purchased after embarkation?  For example day 3 or day 5?

Not to have in your room. You have to pre order. Otherwise they keep it till end of cruise. 

29 minutes ago, chumley28540 said:

Not to have in your room. You have to pre order. Otherwise they keep it till end of cruise. 

No.  They will only hold on to the bottles that you purchase duty free.  You can call Room Service and order a bottle at any time.  They are the same price as those purchased pre-boarding online.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, chumley28540 said:

Not true.  Alcohol bought in gift shop - reasonable price, held until end of cruise to be enjoyed once you're home.  Alcohol bought from Fun Shop - outrageous price, to be delivered and enjoyed in your stateroom. 

I agree with Butterbean1000 on this one. The price on the alcohol is not the same when you pre-order it from the duty-free shops. Getting a bottle from the Fun Shop, to drink while you are on a cruise, may sometimes be worth it if you have special occasions or if you can afford it. Otherwise it's not worth buying it from there. Hope this helps!

• Like 1

I've been thinking about this bottle of liquor in the room a lot. I'd have no variety in my drinking but if I ordered a $100 bottle of liquor and brought in my mixers in my carry on and that's all I drank. That seems like a pretty cheap way to drink on the entirety of the cruise. That said I'm only on a 4 day cruise. So yeah the bottle is much more expensive than if I bought it at a liquor store but for cruise drinking seems like a good deal. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JimP81 said:

I've been thinking about this bottle of liquor in the room a lot. I'd have no variety in my drinking but if I ordered a $100 bottle of liquor and brought in my mixers in my carry on and that's all I drank. That seems like a pretty cheap way to drink on the entirety of the cruise. That said I'm only on a 4 day cruise. So yeah the bottle is much more expensive than if I bought it at a liquor store but for cruise drinking seems like a good deal. 

Bingo! That's why I do it as well. Cheaper than buying drinks from the bar.

15 hours ago, mpdog42 said:

Before you buy that bottle, do a mock sale and you will see how much they add on for Taxes and charges, just did a post about this....I will be addressing this to my PVP tomorrow....

$95.00 bottle (includes 4 sodas)

$121.00 total after taxes and fees... $26.00 what!!

All the Best!

Mike

Been that way for a while now, $15 delivery charge plus tax. If you order it on board it's a $15 grat added on instead of the delivery fee so it's a wash there, you might save on the tax though. Still cheaper than buying drinks individually at the bars. Calling your PVP won't get you anywhere.

7 hours ago, Pyrate13 said:

Bingo! That's why I do it as well. Cheaper than buying drinks from the bar.

Been that way for a while now, $15 delivery charge plus tax. If you order it on board it's a $15 grat added on instead of the delivery fee so it's a wash there, you might save on the tax though. Still cheaper than buying drinks individually at the bars. Calling your PVP won't get you anywhere.

Been away from Carnival for a while, wasn't aware of the new policy and yes calling my PVP wont do any good...just letting off some steam!!

Mike

Mike, I too feel the "delivery charge" is excessive, especially when it's like a five minute walk to almost any cabin on the ship for the delivery, but we're stuck with it. I would be fine with 5 bucks but, $15, really? Oh well, still cheaper than buying individual bar drinks.

22 hours ago, Kate P.C said:

I agree with Butterbean1000 on this one. The price on the alcohol is not the same when you pre-order it from the duty-free shops. Getting a bottle from the Fun Shop, to drink while you are on a cruise, may sometimes be worth it if you have special occasions or if you can afford it. Otherwise it's not worth buying it from there. Hope this helps!

You are not buying from the funshops and consuming on boad outside of certain 7+ day sailing you get it the last nigh. You have to order frim prior cruise or room service. 

I pre-order a bottle of rum for the room.

Enjoy a few rum & cokes on the aft wrap 🙂

Also order a few drinks while out and about on the ship.

Wifey can not drink due to seizure meds so this works best for me.

Alot less then the Cheers package for 2 that one can not use it.

Edited by thesmiths