Hemp Oil

Muumuu

4 minutes ago, ElCrappyTan said:

Isn’t hemp oil different than CBD oil? If so, then it’s not on the restricted list. 

Not sure after you posted I thought it was some kind of pain killer that puts you in LA LA land ? 

• Like 1

Hemp oil is actually found in a lot of on the shelf products. The main one is body lotion. Some people swear it helps with the skin.

As an HR director for a company that random drug tests, this is the second excuse people use for failing a test. The first is still the old poppy seed bagel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

While both hemp and cannabis are related in genus, they are different plants with different characteristics and uses.Hemp oil and CBD oil are very different.  Hemp oil comes from industrial hemp seeds that are cold pressed.  You find in in many body lotions and creams. The seeds are non- psychoactive.  CBD oil is extracted from the resin of the "female" cannabis flowers using a solvent.  The process can remove THC from the product.     But hemp oil and CBD oil can be mixed together for certain uses like pain relief.

If you put your hemp oil or CBD oil or combo oil in your carryon toiletries kit, you're probably okay bringing it aboard as they don't check individual medical containers or lotion bottles.

11 hours ago, ElCrappyTan said:

Hemp oil is actually found in a lot of on the shelf products. The main one is body lotion. Some people swear it helps with the skin.

As an HR director for a company that random drug tests, this is the second excuse people use for failing a test. The first is still the old poppy seed bagel.

It's true that even a small amount of poopy seeds in a muffin or on a bagel will show signs of opiates up to 48 hours after ingestion.  However, I thought the Feds upped the  level to 2000 nanograms per milliliter to override these positive results from small doses.

9 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

It's true that even a small amount of poopy seeds in a muffin or on a bagel will show signs of opiates up to 48 hours after ingestion.  However, I thought the Feds upped the  level to 2000 nanograms per milliliter to override these positive results from small doses.

They did, well at least the lab that does our testing does. No, generally these don't come back as trace. These are full blown positives. This is a construction/paving company in a area that has been heavily hit by heroin the past few years. Usually these are entry level test- they pass the initial somehow, but 3-4 months later, they get popped with a positive. They usually say poppy seed bagel or I started using lotion with hemp due to my skin condition, but the tests read otherwise. Since the jobs market improved, I usually can't keep these entry level guys, so the company changed the policy from immediate termination to non-paid suspension. Pretty much all they have to do to come back is pass another test, and then the cycle begins again. 

Edited by ElCrappyTan

despite all these scientific answers, to answer the OP, who knows. We bring CBD oil everywhere, Europe, Caribbean, Central America and have never had a problem. We use a pain cream for my wife's chronic neck pain, and it works. There is no THC in CBD and the jar is pretty generic. My best advice is shhhhhhh, just bring it, it's sold on Amazon.

17 hours ago, BoDidly said:

There're sayin not allowed but they also say Marjanewanna is not allowed also . However I smell it just about on every Carnival ship I have sailed  .

Not meaning to hijack thread, but how does marijuana get through security with the drug sniffing dogs?  Yes, I've smelled it before when smoking on balcony was "legal".

46 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

Not meaning to hijack thread, but how does marijuana get through security with the drug sniffing dogs?  Yes, I've smelled it before when smoking on balcony was "legal".

For the cruises I have been on, I have not noticed dogs at embarkation.  Usually they are at ports of call, but at embarkation, it is not something I have seen.

They get more than pot through.  A few years back after leaving Jamaica even the CD told people if they had anything ( Not Cubin cigars )to get rid of it before we hit our debarkation port .

Embarkation ports usually don't have the dogs but I have noticed them on some occasions on Debarkation. Sometimes the port of call will.  Noticed dogs in Coz ,Jamaica ,Belize , Dominica etc .I could go on but you get the point.  Also noticed armed Military personnel in some ports.

58 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

seal-a meal or Food Saver

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Butterbean1000 said:

In my experiences, you don't see the dogs leaving, you see them coming back. DHS don't give a ship what you take out the country. They do care what you bring back.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 2/21/2019 at 2:01 PM, rukkian said:

For the cruises I have been on, I have not noticed dogs at embarkation.  Usually they are at ports of call, but at embarkation, it is not something I have seen.

I have seen customs agents with dog at embarkation in New Orleans and Seattle.  I have seen them on disembarkation at every port. They even come on the ships hours before docking. 

34 minutes ago, Purvis1231 said:

I have seen customs agents with dog at embarkation in New Orleans and Seattle.  I have seen them on disembarkation at every port. They even come on the ships hours before docking. 

If you see dogs at embarkation, I would bet they are explosives sniffing dogs. People always assume if they see dogs, they are drug trained. Debarkation would be the drug dogs.

I was sitting in an airport one time, and a dog hit on a guy sitting a few seats down from me. Turns out the dog was training on explosives. It was pretty cool to watch him, after I knew what was going on.

55 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

If you see dogs at embarkation, I would bet they are explosives sniffing dogs. People always assume if they see dogs, they are drug trained. Debarkation would be the drug dogs.

I was sitting in an airport one time, and a dog hit on a guy sitting a few seats down from me. Turns out the dog was training on explosives. It was pretty cool to watch him, after I knew what was going on.

you are right they could be bomb dogs, I do not know the difference- they all look alike to me. 

• Like 1