Fire Drill Sapphire Princess

themob

If there is any emergency on board that you will need to take action to you will hear the emergency alarm (I think it's 7 long blasts followed by 2 short blasts of the ship's horn) and you will go to your muster station.   While on our Baltic cruise at about 3am  the fire alarm and flashing light sounded in our room.  The captain came on the loud speaker and stated there was a fire in the incinerator room  (isn't that what an incinerator room is for:classic_huh:)   after just a few minutes the captain came back on the loud speaker and stated the fire was extinguished.  If this had been an emergency the loud blasts would have sounded and we would need to go to our muster station.

Edited by sandyoftheseas

If you're asking about the muster drill, they have them about a half hour before the initial sailaway just like on other Princess ships.  You will need to report to your assigned muster station (they are lettered and will be displayed on your cruise card).  Once there you will have to have your cruise card scanned by a crew member to confirm that you attended.  You will listen to a short recording which advises what you will need to do in case of an emergency and you will observe a crew member demonstrating how to put on a life jacket.  There will also be a safety video on your stateroom television that you'll need to play before you can use any other other features on your on demand TV.  It's very streamlined and efficient.

I suspect the OP is a little confused regarding terminology and misused fire for muster.  He/she is questioning the procedure because they are boarding midway in a continuation cruise, so not all fellow passengers will be mustering with them.  They should be aware that muster will take place prior to their departing from Rome.

10 minutes ago, wheezedr said:

I suspect the OP is a little confused regarding terminology and misused fire for muster.  He/she is questioning the procedure because they are boarding midway in a continuation cruise, so not all fellow passengers will be mustering with them.  They should be aware that muster will take place prior to their departing from Rome.

Thanks that is what I meant, just did not word the question correct.I appreciate all responses and I will "muster" on down in Rome

The muster drill sometimes called a safety drill is mandatory by international law and all pax must attend.  However if you are on a B2B on the same ship they will excuse you from attending the drill on the second voyage etc.  

13 minutes ago, weedpindle said:

I bet they will tell you when you board the ship.

As stated, the ship's staff will inform you what is needed. There is a famous video on YouTube. Idiot is busy filming a dangerous situation, in the background female voices can be heard stating they had no idea what to do. If this is your first cruise, pay attention to the information and where to report.

2 hours ago, satxdiver said:

The muster drill sometimes called a safety drill is mandatory by international law and all pax must attend.  However if you are on a B2B on the same ship they will excuse you from attending the drill on the second voyage etc.  

Also any passengers continuing on a cruise with multiple ports of embarkation will only have to do the muster once, on the day of their embarkation.  This happens continually on Mediterranean cruises where people embark and disembark at a variety of ports throughout the cruise.