Taxi or Uber?

Eschie

Hi Everyone!

Looking for input on how easy is it to get transportation to the cruise terminal from the Ft. Lauderdale Airport.  Right now I have transfers with Princess Cruises, but wondering if it would be quicker (and less $$) to get a Cab/Uber and avoid waiting around for Princess to fill the bus.  Is it easy to get a cab? We are arriving at 12:15 next Sunday morning.  Thanks in advance for any advice.  My daughter and I are traveling without my husband and a bit nervous.

Based on our use of a taxi last year I would use Uber vs. the taxi.  Ubers are usually less money and IMO cleaner.  That being said we did not use a 'Yellow Cab' which I noticed the morning of our embarking.  There were a number of Yellow Cabs at our hotel that seemed to be newer and not as well worn as the taxi we used from FLL to our hotel the night before.   We have converted to using Uber and find that they are always clean, the drivers courteous and usually smell better, although that point is up to interpretation!  Sometimes they are overly scented. 

Once you pick up your luggage just follow the signs.  Hotel shuttles, the taxi stand and Uber pickups all seem to be in the same general area.  You do not need to call a cab as there will be a line of them outside. 

Have a great cruise!!

31 minutes ago, Eschie said:

Thank you!  Is is obvious where to catch a cab?  Taxi stand?  Or do I need to call a cab?

At the airport, you walk out of bag claim  and will see a taxi stand.

When you walk out of the cruise terminal, you can't help but run into the line of taxis.

No reason to be calling a cab.

I always suggest Uber over Taxi. But honestly, the port is practically connected to the airport. If you aren't sure how to use Uber or where to go, just walk out of the terminal and hop in a cab. They are lined up and waiting.  Can't miss them.  In this case, a taxi is really not a bad option. Especially when you are not familiar with Uber. 

On 2/22/2019 at 7:41 PM, Paulinda said:

Based on our use of a taxi last year I would use Uber vs. the taxi.  Ubers are usually less money and IMO cleaner.  That being said we did not use a 'Yellow Cab' which I noticed the morning of our embarking.  There were a number of Yellow Cabs at our hotel that seemed to be newer and not as well worn as the taxi we used from FLL to our hotel the night before.   We have converted to using Uber and find that they are always clean, the drivers courteous and usually smell better, although that point is up to interpretation!  Sometimes they are overly scented. 

Once you pick up your luggage just follow the signs.  Hotel shuttles, the taxi stand and Uber pickups all seem to be in the same general area.  You do not need to call a cab as there will be a line of them outside. 

Have a great cruise!!

Thank you! That is really helpful.

This is truly the simplest airport to port connection we have made and have done it on multiple occasions and by both Uber and taxi.  Now more inclined to Uber but if you are not setup for that then a taxi is fine and way better than waiting and paying for cruise line transfer.  Our regular route usually includes a brief stop at Total Wine to pickup some wine on the way to the pier.  Just work it out with your driver.  Preorder so the wine is waiting up front for you.