Tonic on board (again!)

Paul S

1 minute ago, john1970 said:

I'm on Pursuit at the moment and was given Schweppes. 

Hi John

Did you ask if they had any Fevertree. When we had it onboard it wasn’t on display but kept under the counter!

vicki

2 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Nothing wrong with Schweppes either.

If it is Schweppes from the US, it will have High Fuctose Corn syrup which will put it in the bad tonic category! Hoping our Quest cruise from Vancouver will have a decent tonic without HFCS or we will be buying tonic along with wine in Seattle 😊!

On 2/27/2019 at 4:16 PM, BBMacLaird said:

On Pursuit in November the bar tender at the entrance to Windows Cafe had FeverTree tonic water. My DH asked and received a couple small bottles to take to our stateroom. 

Surely the Azamara personnel who read this forum (Bonnie and others) must be embarrassed when they read about their customers having to bring their own Tonic water onboard what is deemed an upmarket cruise line? 

Edited by Host Grandma Cruising
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Bloodaxe said:

Never said that there was but it's a disgrace when people are having to carry their own tonic onboard to make a decent drink.

Agree wholeheartedly. It also makes no sense to pay for premium spirits when they will be mixed with Royal Club. I like to bring on a few special bottles of wine, but will not lug tonic water on board. 

On 4/9/2019 at 12:13 PM, uktog said:

Me too as I have realised I am flying out from the BA lounge less London City (school girl booking error, check the lounges in future) so no access to a starter pack of mini cans this time.  Oh well, leaves room for Linomcello on the return

uktog,  there is a lounge at City you could use depending on your layover.  From recall I think its £35 pp.  It's situated landside at the Jet Centre about 5 min drive away and there is a free shuttle.  This isn't a good airport for a long layover if you're familiar with it as its cramped and the retail isn't that good, so not much to do.  We haven't used the lounge but a friend of mine said it was good.  Just an option for you if you plan to raid the fridge 🍸😉

1 hour ago, 150edmiston said:

uktog,  there is a lounge at City you could use depending on your layover.  From recall I think its £35 pp.  It's situated landside at the Jet Centre about 5 min drive away and there is a free shuttle.  This isn't a good airport for a long layover if you're familiar with it as its cramped and the retail isn't that good, so not much to do.  We haven't used the lounge but a friend of mine said it was good.  Just an option for you if you plan to raid the fridge 🍸😉

Thanks, yes  we have both used City for business flights in the past.  We are on a connecting flight and as we only in theory have a couple of hours we will cope with the hard seats and have the fever tree safely (we hope) tucked up in our checked in  luggage

• 7 months later...

I know this is an older thread but we are cruising on Azamara in January 2020 for the first time and were wondering if Tonic (Schweppes or other) is included with the complimentary beverage package, along with the complimentary Gin?  It doesn't show in the list of included sodas...

Also, are classic martinis (with olives) included with the complimentary package?

11 hours ago, WhiteRockMike said:

I know this is an older thread but we are cruising on Azamara in January 2020 for the first time and were wondering if Tonic (Schweppes or other) is included with the complimentary beverage package, along with the complimentary Gin?  It doesn't show in the list of included sodas...

Also, are classic martinis (with olives) included with the complimentary package?

Yes, tonic is included. Yes you can have a martini, just make sure you ask the bar tender to make it with the included spirits.

Thank you for your replies!  What raised my question was reading a thread from a couple years ago after a negative change to the Azamara bar menus, that had lots of angst and speculation about what was then included or not.  Happy to hear that it is not as feared in that thread.  We look forward to our cruise which will be from Buenos Aires to Santiago on the Pursuit.